Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mississippi governor Haley Barbour is a corrupt hog
and i hope this bites him in the ass! but not at the expense of innocent lives.
i'll dig up some photos of the now-free murderers.

(CNN) -- In his last days in office, outgoing Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour pardoned four men convicted of murder, a state official said Monday.

David Gatlin, Joseph Ozment, Charles Hooker and Anthony McCray received full pardons and were released at 1 p.m. Sunday, said Suzanne Singletary, spokeswoman for the Mississippi Department of Corrections. All four were serving life sentences and worked as trusties at the governor's mansion, she said.

"It is at any governor's discretion," said Singletary.

Gatlin was convicted of murder, aggravated assault and burglary of a residence, she said. Ozment was convicted of murder, conspiracy and armed robbery in a separate case. Both inmates were at minimum security level, she said.

Hooker was convicted in a 1991 murder, while McCray was convicted in a 2001 murder, Singletary said. The governor also recently pardoned Nathan Kern, who was serving a life sentence for burglary, she said.

Families of the men's victims told CNN affiliates WAPT and WLBT they are outraged by Barbour's decision.

Attempts by CNN on Monday to reach Barbour's office for comment on the pardons were unsuccessful.

In 1993, WLBT reported, Gatlin walked into the trailer where his estranged wife, Tammy Ellis Gatlin, lived and shot her in the head. The woman's friend, Randy Walker, survived a gunshot to the head.

"Is Gov. Barbour going to pardon us from our aches and pains and heartache that we have to suffer?" the victim's mother, Betty Ellis, asked WLBT. "Is he going to pardon a child that had to grow up without a mother? Is he going to pardon me from never being able to feel her arms around my neck again? What is Barbour going to do about that?"

Tammy Gatlin's sister, Tiffany Ellis Brewer, said David Gatlin served less time than her sister lived.

"It's completely unfair," she said. "I mean, he's in jail for 18 years. She was 20 years old when she died and had her child laying in her arms when he shot her in the head. And he's pardoned?"

David Ruth, who was the lead investigator on the case, said there was an apparent communications foul-up. Tammy Gatlin's relatives received a letter from the state parole board Friday saying David Gatlin was not going to be paroled and would next be considered in October 2012. They received a call the next day saying he was being pardoned, Ruth told WLBT.

Meanwhile, the family of Ricky Montgomery told WAPT they received a call from the department on Saturday reporting Ozment's pardon. Montgomery, 33, was a store clerk who was slain on the job. Ozment was convicted of his murder.

"Of course it's devastating," said Mark McAbee, Montgomery's nephew. "You know, we go through this and it's reliving it over and over again, when I don't think the general public has any idea of the things these convicts are doing."

McAbee said his mother was incredulous two years ago to learn Ozment had been assigned to work at the governor's mansion. She wrote the Department of Corrections, he said, which told her that he met the requirements and underwent a screening process.

"We have people out on the streets that are sex offenders that have to register," McAbbe said. "This is a man (who) killed somebody. This man took somebody's life, and it's not going to indicate that on any paperwork."

Phil Bryant, Barbour's successor, is set to be inaugurated on Tuesday.

Asshat100 has pardoned 8 murderers while in office
[Image: 120109073303-dnt-wlbt-barbour-pardons-ga...ry-top.jpg]

here's 2 of them. this is not parole, this is full pardon!! they are out walking around. the families of victims are horrified. and frightened.
i guess these guys did a good job polishing the gov.'s shoes and silverware. or his ass.

David Gatlin

[Image: article-2084337-0F64B26C00000578-851_306x423.jpg]

Joseph Ozment

[Image: article-2084337-0F64B27000000578-790_306x423.jpg]

I've spent some time in Mississippi.

I recommend 'Mississippi Burning' for whomever has NOT seen it yet.

As one of the corrupt/klan members of the local sherrif's department says to Willem Dafoe and Gene Hackman in the movie:

"You in Mississippi now boy..."

Love that line!

How the hell can he get away with doing that?! That's insane. He abused his power.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Schwarzenegger did something similar on his way out. Assholes.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/...-clemency/
Commando Cunt Queen
Because it's Mississippi, Duchess.

Abuse of power has never gone out of style there.

And there certainly is no political correctness, either.

Dem good old boys gotta take care of their own.
Did he pardon any black men? I'm pretty sure there are a few black men in prison in Mississippi.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(01-10-2012, 05:50 PM)Cracker Wrote: Did he pardon any black men? I'm pretty sure there are a few black men in prison in Mississippi.

I don't believe a black man has EVER been a part of the Good Old Boys Network.
here's the other 2.
they never should have been working at the gov.'s mansion.

now they have clean records and can even purchase firearms.
this gov. will be responsible if they kill anyone else.

[Image: Anthony-Mccray_mugshot.140x140.jpg]

Anthony McCray

[Image: Charles-Hooker_mugshot.140x140.jpg]

Charles Hooker

Jesus, they can buy guns?

I can't even think about this too hard. The part about killing the girl while she held her child in her arms was too much. I hope someone kills him soon.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Me thinks the Guvner' is setting up his stable boys for when he has "more time"
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
he needs good old-fashioned Mississippi justice. the families/victims of these murdering scumbags are terrified now, and will always live in fear.

CNN
Barbour approved full pardons for 199 people, including 14 convicted murderers, according to documents the Mississippi secretary of state's office released Tuesday.

Barbour, who served eight years in office, had previously granted full pardons to three other convicted killers in 2008. Another three were awarded conditional or indefinite releases during his time in office -- meaning the governor, in total, granted reprieves to 20 convicted murderers, the documents showed.

This is so wrong on so many levels. I cannot believe that he is allowed to get away with this. Who in their right mind pardons convicted murderers. It's not like these crimes took place 70 yrs. ago and they are old & frail felons. The only place I'm even hearing about this is in Mock. It should be headline news across the country. That fucker. If there's any justice in this world that bastard will get his. Can I say that?
It was on CNN this morning. The outgoing governor is refusing comment. I hope the press hounds him to death until he answers for this. I was shocked to learn he pardoned 199 prisoners. Crazy!
Commando Cunt Queen
History sucks especially if you're ignorant to it.

The truth is that this is really not all that unusual, it happens all the time all accross this country.

Giving the governor the right to negate the peoples wishes is something that should be abolished.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(01-11-2012, 03:23 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Giving the governor the right to negate the peoples wishes is something that should be abolished.

Yes it should be abolished, it should never have been given in the first place.

(01-11-2012, 03:26 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-11-2012, 03:23 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Giving the governor the right to negate the peoples wishes is something that should be abolished.

Yes it should be abolished, it should never have been given in the first place.

Back in the day it made sense to some degree, but in todays world it makes none.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(01-11-2012, 03:28 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Back in the day

You'd know about that better than I would. I'll defer to your age.

(01-11-2012, 03:38 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-11-2012, 03:28 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Back in the day

You'd know about that better than I would. I'll defer to your age.

hah I was actually talking about a time even before me, but I'm not surprised that you defer to my superior life experiances.

John Adams

You be quiet. That was a good mock.