Ducks!
My ducks are back!

Every year my pool gets invaded by this same pair of ducks. The dogs go apeshit but they hang around for a couple of weeks, I can almost get close enough to let them eat out of my hand now. They don't fly away no matter how much noise we make but they won't take food yet.

Do you have a bird feeder with $300k tucked in it a-la-Tony Soprano?
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
I wish! But I do live in Jersey.

She took a swim -

HEY! you nicked MY ducks! ::lmao::

i love them, they are so cute. :cool:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mmmmmmm......all we need now is some hoi sin sauce, spring onions and pancakes.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
I want the feathers, please.
i have wild turkeys that visit daily also, i am fattening them up for Thanksgiving. just like the Pilgrims who landed on these shores. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

you keep your paws off my duckies OP! :shock:

Attached Files
.jpg   wild-turkeys.jpg (Size: 37.33 KB / Downloads: 36)

My ducks look fatter! I think everyone in the neighborhood feeds them on their daily rounds.

We don't have turkey here but we do have pheasant up north.

I have bear, coyote and rattlesnake though.
As a Brit I find the idea of having things like bears and coyotes and shit on your doorstep bizarre.

In this country the worst you can expect is getting a dirty look from badger or being shit on by a sparrow.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
jackboots Wrote:you keep your paws off my duckies OP! :shock:
My local chinese restaurant does a delicious shredded duckling soup, ducklings maybe cute but they sure taste nice shredded up in soup!
I say barbecue the fuckers and i'll bring the beer104::thumbs::
I would stop eating chocolate.. but I'm not a quitter!

:B
Freak magnet Wrote:I say barbecue the fuckers

[Image: 774_smiley_getting_kicked_in_the_balls.gif]
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
At the place I take Kim for her physical therapy, there is a courtyard/garden thing outside the waiting room . Every spring you can count on a family of ducks....usually we just see a mama and chicks no papa. The staff of the place will put down a tarp over an indented area and fill it with water for them. Once the chicks are bigg enough to fly off they are gone un til next year. This has been a regular routine for several years. I have to wonder if any of the returning ducks were there in prior years as chicks.
probably QB. I had barn swallows that used to return every year and use the same nest in my barn and their babies would come back with them every year and so would their babies.

These ducks of mine have never laid eggs here though. I don't know enough about wild ducks to say if they could lay and hatch them someplace else and come here for a break.

I'm here 10 years and these two have been coming by regularly or at least what looks like the same pair.
I like duck eggs. They are big, tasty, and fill the pan. But Ducks are greasy and I really do not like them. Pete said he would eat Jackboots groundhog.......I stay away from that. When you have to parboil meat you are working harder than need be.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Maggot Wrote:I like duck eggs. They are big, tasty, and fill the pan. But Ducks are greasy and I really do not like them. Pete said he would eat Jackboots groundhog.......I stay away from that. When you have to parboil meat you are working harder than need be.
Speaking of cooking wild game... any of you macho fuckers know of anything 'special' you have to do to venison before you cook it? Someone gave me a bunch of venison (a roast, a few steaks, ground, etc). I'm anxious to try it. I know I've eaten venison growing up, but I don't remember much about it.

I've been told a few different things now, the latest being that I should just prepare it as I would beef. Is it gonna taste all wonky? It's probably buck meat, but I have no way of knowing for certain.
SyberBitch Wrote:
Maggot Wrote:I like duck eggs. They are big, tasty, and fill the pan. But Ducks are greasy and I really do not like them. Pete said he would eat Jackboots groundhog.......I stay away from that. When you have to parboil meat you are working harder than need be.
Speaking of cooking wild game... any of you macho fuckers know of anything 'special' you have to do to venison before you cook it? Someone gave me a bunch of venison (a roast, a few steaks, ground, etc). I'm anxious to try it. I know I've eaten venison growing up, but I don't remember much about it.

I've been told a few different things now, the latest being that I should just prepare it as I would beef. Is it gonna taste all wonky? It's probably buck meat, but I have no way of knowing for certain.
Throw it the fuck out cuz that shit is nasty!! Then go to the store and buy real meat The kind that comes in a a package with a lable on it. That's where the meat comes from. The grocery store. I don't want to know anything more than that.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Ramsey your widespread knowledge of food is astounding.

I should show you pictures and video of how your packaged meat is processed.
The Antagonist Wrote:I should show you pictures and video of how your packaged meat is processed.
NO...NO...NO
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
ramseycat Wrote:
SyberBitch Wrote:

Throw it the fuck out cuz that shit is nasty!! Then go to the store and buy real meat The kind that comes in a a package with a lable on it. That's where the meat comes from. The grocery store. I don't want to know anything more than that.
If you are that squeamish you shouldn't eat meat as a point of principle, anyone not prepared to fully face and accept the way animals are turned into meat shouldn't be allowed to eat it.