Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eureka!
::banana:: I fixed my 8-track player and am listening to a song I recorded when I was 12 I played the banjo,bass and guitar using 3 different tape players playing simultaneously, it took me all week too record that bit of stuff! Also as an added bonus my Great grandmother recorded from one of those wire recorder things from like the 20's she sings Ave Maria...........::banana::top THAT bitches!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
And...........I do not even have too use a book of matches too push the tape up so it doesn't drag and clack.
Back in the day...waaaay, waaayyyyy back, I can remember hearing one of my brothers boast that the girl he was banging could fit an 8 track tape into her mouth. ::lmao:: I had to have been eavesdropping to hear that little tidbit...They used to pay me to get lost...Hahaha
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I still remember that wire recorder it had a spool of wire wrapped around a wheel it looked like piano wire, and you would thread it through a hole in the center and go to another wheel kinda like a reel to reel but with wire.

It looked like this.....

Attached Files
.bmp   recorder.bmp (Size: 269.37 KB / Downloads: 31)
very cool Maggot ::thumbs::

i am much too young to remember 8-tracks. Smiley_emoticons_razz

jackboots Wrote:i am much too young to remember 8-tracks. Smiley_emoticons_razz
Ooohhhh...I can see your nose growing from here...just like Pinocchio's.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
An 8 track?!

What do you use instead of a cellphone?, smoke signals?
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Maggot Wrote:::banana:: I fixed my 8-track player and am listening to a song I recorded when I was 12 I played the banjo,bass and guitar using 3 different tape players playing simultaneously, it took me all week too record that bit of stuff! Also as an added bonus my Great grandmother recorded from one of those wire recorder things from like the 20's she sings Ave Maria...........::banana::top THAT bitches!

Wow, that is wild ... transfer or record that onto a digital format for longer term storage and easier copying/sharing with family.
86 112
So what is an 8 track?, is it like a cassette tape with spools inside or what?
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
It's the original consumer tape playing machine/format that took cassettes.
86 112
I think I have seen one.

They are quite large plastic units aren't they?, that slot into the player?
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:I think I have seen one.

Dear Lord.....
Fug duh kund
What can I say?, I am not up to speed on neolithic music technology.
Nothing personal...I just heard R2D2's voice when I read it.
Fug duh kund
Luke Warmwater Wrote:Nothing personal...I just heard R2D2's voice when I read it.

::lmao::

(but I think you mean C3PO - R2D2 was the short one)

Yeah, tell us OP. Do you sound more like C3PO, or more like Eliza Doolittle?
Accent-wise, I mean. ::bigg::
SyberBitch Wrote:
Luke Warmwater Wrote:Nothing personal...I just heard R2D2's voice when I read it.

yeah, yeah, you're right...::blink:: I always get those fuckers mixed up...sort of the same way I always mix up the names bill and jim...go figger.
Fug duh kund
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:I think I have seen one.

Shut the fuck up, English Muffin.
86 112
SyberBitch Wrote:

Go to youtube, type in "Alan Shearer interview", I am told I sound like this guy (who is a legendary footballer).

N.B - I am not a legendary footballer but I am told my voice/accent sounds very similar to his.
To my uneducated ear, that sounds a little like Sean Bean.
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
SyberBitch Wrote:

Go to youtube, type in "Alan Shearer interview", I am told I sound like this guy (who is a legendary footballer).

N.B - I am not a legendary footballer but I am told my voice/accent sounds very similar to his.
Hmm that sounds like a combination between cockney and scott... do you say soonday for sunday?