Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2012 SUMMER OLYMPICS

Friday, July 27, 2012. London, England.

I don't really care for the summer games, I much prefer winter sports, they are way more exciting.

Does anyone plan on attending any of the venues? I know we have people from around the world in Mock so I thought I'd ask.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Check this out, this is just them in training for it......

Daily Mail - To anyone who is thinking of travelling to and from Britain via Heathrow this summer, the picture will send a shudder down their spine.
Airport staff have been put through their paces to ensure they are fully prepared for an enormous increase in the amount of baggage coming through the terminals - that they fully expect to happen.
Spectators, tourists and the athletes will swamp the airport with luggage and the number of bags is set to soar by around 20 per cent on the day before the Olympics.

[Image: article-0-13431D13000005DC-757_634x397.jpg]As far as the eye can see: An extra 50,000 bags a day will travel through Heathrow on the busiest day of the Games

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1vp4Ds2Bq
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

this link is great for all the information you may want about the London Olympics:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympics/index.html

the Olympic Rings were just lowered from Tower Bridge. the city is in a great wave of activity and excitement!
(the rings retract upwards to allow ships to pass through)

do you have a favorite event?

[Image: article-2165772-13D27C1E000005DC-158_634x428.jpg]

[Image: Britain-London-2012-O_Gree_20120627080208_640_480.JPG]

The Olympic uniforms, designed by Ralph Lauren, made in China.

[Image: thumbnail.aspx?q=5019116598329888&id=f51...665cef0aac]
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
lots of good opening ceremony photos here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-seen.html

[Image: article-2179920-143FDE76000005DC-612_964x543.jpg]

[Image: article-2179920-143FE0AD000005DC-658_964x626.jpg]

[Image: article-2179920-143FBED2000005DC-977_964x628.jpg]

[Image: article-2179920-143F91CB000005DC-649_964x634.jpg]

The Red Arrows

Not much for the actual games..but am watching the coverage of opening ceremonies now.
Because of the controversy over him, I want to see that guy with no legs run on the track. There were issues his prosthetics would give him an "unfair advantage",
I'm not much for the games either...I'm just hoping to find video of that Voldemort vs Mary Poppins bit later on Youtube or some other video site. That looks like it will be interesting to watch.
Clang..saw it. It was unique.
[Image: queen.jpg]
I enjoyed watching McCartney do Hey Jude to close the ceremony. I was worried for him at first (voice isn't what it used to be), but he finished strong.

God, the UK has turned out some groups/musical acts through the years!! To hear little snippets of tunes throughout the night and think 'they're all British.' certainly something to be proud of for them

As far as the actual events, I really enjoy track & field (want to see if Usain Bolt can dominate again), swimming and hoops.
FABULOUS!

[Image: article-0-144007C0000005DC-117_964x1204.jpg]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...emony.html

I love the Olympics.
I can do without the opening ceremonies...
I recall being little and my Dad allowing me to stay up late...
Nadia made a perfect 10 that night...it was a moment Ill never forget.
The opening ceremony was a lot better than I was expecting, I was prepared for a complete farce. I think the music was the highlight,as a country the UK has always been a prolific producer of quality music.

As far as the events go I like the athletics, boxing and football.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
CN, are you in position to get into any of the events?
(07-29-2012, 12:06 PM)Donovan Wrote: CN, are you in position to get into any of the events?

Yes, they are holding some of the mens football matches at St James Park in Newcastle. Unfortunately I will be unable to attend because I am way too busy right now.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Too bad. I hate when that shit happens, I have the worst luck with rock concerts that way, it's been a running joke in my family that the bigger the event, the more likely I am to find a completely unique and original way to not be able to attend.
I hear ya, I don't like that many bands/artists/comedians but when one I like is performing in the area its odds on that I will have other shit that needs doing at the same time.
The Chinese started that big opening crap in Beijing. I liked it better when they all marched into the arena. Lots of hoopala today, it takes away from the amateur ideologies. Really..........Mary Poppins? C'mon!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(07-29-2012, 12:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: The Chinese started that big opening crap in Beijing. I liked it better when they all marched into the arena. Lots of hoopala today, it takes away from the amateur ideologies. Really..........Mary Poppins? C'mon!

hah

Like the "amateur ideologies" of the American basketball "dream teams"?

Wake up and small what you are shovelling.
(07-27-2012, 09:53 PM)QueenBee Wrote: Clang..saw it. It was unique.

My Dad just told me about how they used cgi and/or stunt double to make it look like the Queen of England parachuted into the Olympics during the opening ceremonies. Definitely need to find video of the whole opening ceremonies and make sure I don't miss the closing ceremonies.