Anybody have a Tempur-Pedic?
Do you like it?
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.

Oooooo nice.

I don't have one.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I have a Sleep Number bed. I looooooooooove it. It's like sleeping on a cloud (my sleep number is 45). hah

I remember considering a Tempur-Pedic but I think I read/heard that in summer months, all that foam makes you hot...? I don't quite recall. My Sleep Number has a plush top anyway. Plus (I'm not sure if this is true for Tempur's) but you never have to flip a SN bed.

Love3
Commando Cunt Queen
I have a huge pillow top right now. I have a large bedroom, but I'm tired of the HUGE bed.

I have heard the sleep number beds have a trench in the middle (I'm a middle sleeper). Is that true, user? Do you and your hubby hump on your side?
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Yes. I like it...haven't had any problems with sweating in it, but I keep it pretty cool in my bedroom.

My boss said he bought one and hated it. He took it back and paid 7 grand on a sleep number bed...said it's the best money he ever spent.

They make the tempurpedics where I live. I paid $300 for mine...they usually run 2 or 3 thousand dollars. I had to get a cover for it though.
I have a pillow top. I tried out the Tempur-Pedic at the furniture store and it kinda made me nauseated, same thing with the Temper-Pedic pillows. Weird...
(02-25-2012, 04:58 PM)Cracker Wrote: I have heard the sleep number beds have a trench in the middle (I'm a middle sleeper). Is that true, user? Do you and your hubby hump on your side?

Depends on if I'm top or bottom that night. hah

I had to test it out...I just climbed in and I don't feel any trench in the middle.

One thing I had heard about them is early on, there were some complaints about mildew or something (barf). Anyway, all of our beds have those waterproof mattress pads that don't feel like waterproof mattress pads on them. I don't want any sweat or sex cooties getting in to the mattresses. Nononono.

Commando Cunt Queen
this is my bed. it is a HUGE monstrosity. it's a CA. king , mattress inside water bed frame. it is hard as cement, it causes me back pain constantly. i want to get it out of here, but it would take 6 men to dismantle and move it. i'm on second floor of my house. i am ready to set it on fire so i can get a new one. and it blocks a beautiful slider/view.
everyone's comments about various beds is very helpful. i really figured those sleep number things were just a gimmick.
Bed

[Image: bed001.jpg]

Your bed is blocking your pretty view!!

Maggot, get ur ass over there and help LC with that damn bed!!!

After you finish your video.
Commando Cunt Queen
(02-25-2012, 07:09 PM)username Wrote: Your bed is blocking your pretty view!!

Maggot, get ur ass over there and help LC with that damn bed!!!

After you finish your video.

yeah Maggotyboob! free lunch at lobster joint! and BEER!
i hate this fucking bed.

Nice bed, LC. Tell Maggot that after he takes it down, he can bring it here to my place.
I have only talked to one person who had a Tempur Pedic..and this was back when they first came out. She said that the hardest thing was if you tended to be a restless sleeper and turned a lot...it was hard to shift positions in it. And she told me, that as I was in the beginning stages of my arthritis, she really did not feel it would help someone with pain issues during sleep.

Should I know what my mattress is? I don't have a clue other than it's a queen size pillow top & it's very comfortable. I don't think it has a special name.

I have ten pillows on my bed. hah
I have a Sleep Science bed. I love it. I got it at Costco. It's foam so I guess it is like the tempur-pedic. I just have it on a metal bed frame. No headboard or footboard. But I hung a groovy bead curtain on the wall at the head of the bed.
I have been reading/thinking about the mattress situation. I have a platform bed frame in storage I want to use instead of the iron one I have now. I want to downgrade to the queen so I can get rid of the huge damn set I have now. (I feel your pain LC, my set is super heavy solid wood.) I want to go minimalist so I can move in one little UHaul truck when I go off the grid. I want one bed, one dresser, one nightstand and one chair in my bedroom, not the megalithic heavy oak/metal I have now. It is killing my chi.

Don't read this part Duchess.

I read something by a Euro person who said American mattresses and box springs were nasty. They collect dust, skin flakes, germs, fluids, mites, etc and really can't be cleaned well. I got to thinking about that and it made me a little nauseous. (Edited for sally: and dog slobber and bits of poo off their butts and pee pee when they are happy to see you.)

FAHQ: Are the fake tempur brands complete shit? I would like a mattress I can throw away every few years and buy a new one rather than spending $4K on the first one.
Here's mine. Stupid fucking dog.

[Image: Picture570.jpg]
(02-25-2012, 07:43 PM)Adub Wrote: I have a Sleep Science bed. I love it. I got it at Costco. It's foam so I guess it is like the tempur-pedic. I just have it on a metal bed frame. No headboard or footboard. But I hung a groovy bead curtain on the wall at the head of the bed.

If you weren't so short, we could be friends. But you are little and we would look like Mutt and Jeff.

[Image: mutt1.jpg]

I don't know which is which, but you are the short one.
LC: Can't you just take the headboard off the bed? Unscrew it and slide it right out. I remember those beds (had one almost like it back in the day) and I don't think the headboard is attached.
i can't move one part of this bed an inch. i am not kidding, i need a backhoe.
i want the entire beast gone, it has ruined my back. i may as well sleep out on the road.
this thread is forcing me to get serious about using it for firewood.

edit...you know, when i think how much of our lives is spent in bed, i realize i have to do something. we should be comfortable!

By the time you die you will have spent twenty years in bed. YEARS! Jeezus, I can't think about all that wasted time.
LC: You are right. At least replace the mattress. If I find a good deal on a foam, and FAHQ says they are okay, I'll send you a link. You can move a mattress by yourself (with a big blonde boy).

Duchess: You better be cremated. I don't think you will enjoy the dirt nap.