Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I LOVE YOU TO DEATH

Would you help a terminally ill loved one die?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Yes
If their quality of life was bad and not going to get better, absolutely. I don't feel it's any different than putting your suffering animal down.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
(03-01-2012, 06:47 PM)LuciferLynn Wrote: I don't feel it's any different than putting your suffering animal down.

Jesus.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
I can tell you it's no easy thing to do. It had a profound effect on me and I was only there for emotional support.
(03-01-2012, 06:50 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote: I can tell you it's no easy thing to do.

I wouldn't think it would be. I hope I'm never in a position to find out for myself.

i did it. for someone i loved who was suffering like hell. i went to the doctor and said, give me a syringe of morphine. and he looked at me and said OK. i administered it. i then bathed and wrapped the body of the person i knew and loved all my life. it was a kindness.

(03-01-2012, 08:10 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i did it. for someone i loved who was suffering like hell. i then bathed and wrapped the body of the person i knew and loved all my life. it was a kindness.

I think it takes balls for someone to do that & I can't even begin to imagine the range of emotions it must encompass.

(03-01-2012, 08:10 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i did it. for someone i loved who was suffering like hell. i went to the doctor and said, give me a syringe of morphine. and he looked at me and said OK. i administered it. i then bathed and wrapped the body of the person i knew and loved all my life. it was a kindness.

But isn't that a crime?
yes.
i'm not sorry.
they can prove it.

it was still a kindness.

My grandmother suffered greatly. When she was diagnosed with cancer, the doctor gave her 6 months. She lived 4 years. She suffered everyone of those years. By the time she finally passed, she didn't even look human. She was incoherent, first from the pain, then from the drugs to help the pain. I wondered all the time why we allowed it. I felt it was selfish of us. We were keeping her alive, not for her, but for our sakes. She wasn't living, she was existing, suffering physically, emotionally...she couldn't eat on her own. Her children changed her adult diapers, an indignity she never would have wanted had she been able to protest it. We were against putting her in a home, knowing she wanted to pass at home, just as my grandfather had, who also suffered a great deal, unnecessarily so, in my opinion. They never did anything to anyone, why did their last moments on earth need to be filled with pain and confusion and indignity? My grandfather begged us to kill him. He was out of his mind with pain. I was 8 when he passed, 28 when gramma passed. I wont have my children do that, watch me suffer. You wouldn't watch your dog or cat, why watch a family member? Maybe its because of my experience, but I feel very strongly about it.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
(03-01-2012, 08:31 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: yes.
i'm not sorry.
they can prove it.

it was still a kindness.

I do get it. But, was the death ruled accidental? No questions asked? That part, I do not get.

(03-01-2012, 08:56 PM)Adub Wrote:
(03-01-2012, 08:31 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: yes.
i'm not sorry.
they can prove it.

it was still a kindness.

I do get it. But, was the death ruled accidental? No questions asked? That part, I do not get.

it was in hospital. expected.

My Daddy had end stage prostate Ca and COPD, he had an agreement with his dr. to get hospice care with me as his nurse and morphine whenever he decided to go. When the time came he had me call, we had the morphine that night and I laid on the bed with him and administered it slowly, waiting for him to say whether to give him more. We laid next to each other until he fell asleep and passed. It was the easiest death I ever witnessed.

The night he decided to call the dr. and before the meds arrived I revealed to him for the first time that I had arrested in the OR 10 years earlier and had a profound NDE. I never told him before because he hated dr's and hospitals. I knew that would taint his ability to understand my experience. That night I did tell him the wonderful gift I was given while I was clinically dead, he responded with awe and obvious relief. His fear seemed to lighten and I was proud to help him pass.

My daughter says she will give me the same gift if possible.
I have always thought that when my time came I would get as much life insurance as I could then go out in a boat and blow the entire thing to smitherenze rigging it as a fuel line blowout. Jump overboard and take a deep breath of some good H2O doing the best and last deadmans dive of my life.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Yes.
I would as well. Or I would like to think I would. It would be hard. I watched my father die of lung cancer and it was the worst thing ever. Thank God he didn't suffer long. But I tell you I was so angry when he passed. I NEEDED him. I miss my father everyday. I was the very definition of a Daddy's girl. I was angry too because he was only 57 and he wouldn't get to retire, spend time with his grandchildren, do all the things he wanted to do. But I have come to realize that it's those left on earth are the ones suffering. I know that my father is in heaven and only knows peace and joy and grace. He was rewarded for being a truely wonderful and caring person.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(03-01-2012, 08:10 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i did it. for someone i loved who was suffering like hell. i went to the doctor and said, give me a syringe of morphine. and he looked at me and said OK. i administered it. i then bathed and wrapped the body of the person i knew and loved all my life. it was a kindness.

Seriously LC, that got me all choked up.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(03-02-2012, 08:28 AM)ramseycat Wrote:

Seriously LC, that got me all choked up.

Me too. If that aint true love then I don't know what is! Syringe, anybody?