Poll: Will Obamacare become law as written?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No
20.00%
1 20.00%
Yes
80.00%
4 80.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Will Obamacare go down?
Yes the Supreme court will not allow forced insurance.
No it will pass as written
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I voted "yes", it will go down Maggot. But, I have no firm opinion on what will happen and why. I just hope it goes down. No force!

I had to listen to black folks discuss politics today. They are getting too comfortable with me.

You didn't give me an IDK option, Maggot. Because IDK.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
If this goes past the Supreme court and the government can dictate to its citizens what they HAVE to buy it opens the door to many other directives Washington deems acceptable. Its like a salesman with his foot stuck in the door. Another line on your payroll stub and a Janis Joplin song. C'mon take another little piece of my heart......I do not think it will pass 5-4
I can understand 100% why people are against ObamaCare...forcing us Americans to do anything is so ....ummm well UnAmerican. However, working in Public Health and seeing the numbers, populations and the projections of whats to come (don't blame the messenger - Public Health people are just trying to prepare for what the facts are)...we as a country HAVE to prepare for what is to come. To not prepare would be not only be grossly irresponsible but a disaster, for our nation - rampant disease and (taking compassion out of the equation extrememly costly to the taxpayer (cause we pay for it all in the end - if we choose not to pay for prevention on the front end).

If not, reality is we'll have swarms of people in emergency rooms with no insurance - that will be their place of "primary care"...jamming them up for the rest of us. Someone has to pay for those that can't pay (it will be us in the end). So the least expensive way to deal with it as a society is ObamaCare. Providing at least minimal access to care for everyone.

Plus, do we want to have the type of society where a 3 yr old needs a liver transplant and the only way they are going to have a chance at getting one is that if there are enough quarters in the mayonaise jar at a convenience store?

A logical response to these facts can't be, "send them all back where they come from " (that might be your feeling but hellllo...that just ain't gonna happen) or "let them have no care - screw them" (Americans in general... even most of the more callous - as a whole wouldn't allow people , even undocumented people - to lay dying in hospital parking lots without extending helping hands - we do better than that for animals).

Spay and neuter your dogs and cats. Ban gas chambers in your local shelters. User made the call. User made a difference! Love3
(03-28-2012, 06:27 AM)pspence Wrote: (Americans in general... even most of the more callous - as a whole wouldn't allow people , even undocumented people - to lay dying in hospital parking lots without extending helping hands - we do better than that for animals).

I wish I felt differently about this but I don't see Americans in general caring about their fellow man. People are fucked up, many tend to only care about what's going on in their own life, in their own backyards.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
We are a selfish society or a shellfish society it depends on where you live.
Just because some people don't have insurance is no reason to make everyone have insurance.

when the government has it's own money and doesn't have to take from everyone else to pay for anything then they can pay for those peoples medical expenses with my blessings.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

I have thought that it may be better to expand social security and use the mechanisms already in place, why do another completely new thing. Let insurance companies go state to state without any troubles. Tort reform is the way.
The insurance industry bragged that they "lobbied" Congress to the tune of $5.5 billion dollars. That's only a few million per congressman. When the poor are forced to buy insurance that it all back the first month.

There are only nine justices so the cost to lobby the court could be far less.
[Image: egypt_5.gif]
(03-28-2012, 08:21 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I wish I felt differently about this but I don't see Americans in general caring about their fellow man. People are fucked up, many tend to only care about what's going on in their own life, in their own backyards.

Many people don't care about themselves. I'm not paying for a home healthcare worker for some fatass that can't wipe their own ass. Color me selfish.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(03-28-2012, 06:25 PM)Cracker Wrote: Many people don't care about themselves. I'm not paying for a home healthcare worker for some fatass that can't wipe their own ass. Color me selfish.

We need death panels.

It sounds like at minimum, they'll gut the individual mandate. If that's taken away, the whole thing needs to go.
Commando Cunt Queen
The U.S. Supreme Court upheld President Barack Obama's sweeping health care legislation Thursday in a narrow 5-4 ruling.

Snipped:
Chief Justice John Roberts wrote the majority opinion, which said that the Commerce Clause of the Constitution does not give Congress the authority to require people to have health care, but that other parts of the Constitution did.

The court's ruling upheld the law's central provision -- a requirement that all people have health insurance.

Full story:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/28/politics/s...index.html
Looks like you will only be able to buy 16 ounce cokes.

get ready for the knock on the door and the rectal exam that you don't want.

good bye to another piece of freedom.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(03-28-2012, 10:05 AM)Maggot Wrote: We are a selfish society or a shellfish society it depends on where you live.

Those folks are just in it for the halibut.
(03-28-2012, 08:21 AM)Duchess Wrote: I wish I felt differently about this but I don't see Americans in general caring about their fellow man. People are fucked up, many tend to only care about what's going on in their own life, in their own backyards.[/i][/size]

The USA donates and provides more charitable aid than any other industrialized nation.
So I am going to lobby for a Motorcycle Tax.

That way every single person will be compelled by our government to buy a motorcycle - and if you don't want a motorcycle, too fucking bad. It's a tax, and you must pay it. And if you refuse to buy a motorcycle, your government will fine you. And then your government will eventually put a lien on your property and confiscate it. And then your government will eventually imprison you.

All because you didn't want to buy a motorcycle.

That's what just happened with healthcare.

Start fighting for your freedom and liberty - because it is being taken from you piece by piece.
Mr. Romney has his strategic bases covered on this issue. I'm curious to see if this ruling actuallly helps him in terms of attracting undecided voters; wonder how many of them oppose mandatory health care (which many do view as a tax)?

Romney's public declarations on Obamacare in recent months:

"If Obamacare is not deemed constitutional, then the first three and a half years of this president's term will have been wasted on something that has not helped the American people."

"If it is deemed to stand, then I'll tell you one thing. Then we'll have to have a president -- and I'm that one -- that's gonna get rid of Obamacare. We're gonna stop it on day one."
Ask the Native Americans how government run healthcare is working for them.
John Adams

Should also ask us Vermonters. We should be the model actually.