Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Cracker's rat
here he is Cracker! he migrated up from Grassy key in Fla. you need a rat handler! Flamethower28

[Image: rtxn1ux.jpg?w=600&h=400&crop=1]

Tanzanian rat handler Kassim Mgaza plays with a Gambian giant pouch rat in southern Mozambique
rat handler? Smiley_emoticons_shocked

A species of invasive African rat larger than the average house cat has made a reappearance in Grassy Key, despite efforts to wipe them out for the past 10 years. According to KeysNet, the population of Gambian pouched rat breed of giant rodents proliferated at the turn of the century when a local exotic animal breeder allowed eight to escape.

As of 2009, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission thought the region was in the clear. But alas, the 3-foot-long beasts, weighing as much as 9 pounds, came back with a vengeance. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, at least a few dozen are running wild.

They’ve even shown up in Brooklyn, N.Y., only to be harpooned with a pitchfork, and are also allegedly responsible for killing and eating two babies in South Africa last year, the Huffington Post reports.

Luckily, the Gambian rat can only produce one litter of up to six every nine months, and can’t reproduce until it’s five months old. To trap the remaining rodents, city officials plan to disperse 200 traps with cantaloupe, peanut butter, almond extract and anise as bait. Laced with a deadly zinc phosphide, wildlife officials predict the rats will die after consuming it while burrowed underground.

[Image: 15IsSA.St.143.jpg]

I think it is karma that put that rat in crackers garage hopefully it has made it's way into the house.

Cracker deserves a rat yes cracker does.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

it's probably bigger than her chihuahua. hah

I don't think it's bad looking. I don't find it frightening or anything like that.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
You only have to worry if you're asleep and your feet stink.

http://www.ktsm.com/berino/woman-dies-after-toes-eaten

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

sorry off topic. turkeys not rats. hahaha

a few minutes ago my son put some turkey calls on his laptop, and played them through the window, and this tom showed up in full display! he has to weigh 30 lbs. for sure, he's the kong, the apex turkey in the woods! the great white of turkeys! hah
this isn't my photo, but he looks just like this and has a long beard. he must be an old man.
i have lots of wild turkeys, but never saw one this BIG. he might eat my car.

[Image: young-male-turkey_5112657.jpg]

That's fricken cool. I'd love to look out my window & see that.
Nice feathers.
(03-28-2012, 03:13 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I don't think it's bad looking. I don't find it frightening or anything like that.

Thats because theres not 40 them under your house
I think my rat has risen.

Regarding rat poison: It isn't arsenic. It is warfarin. Warfarin is a medicine they give heart patients. It takes about four days for a rat to die. I guess it has to walk around until it gets a booboo, then it bleeds to death. I don't smell anything, but there is half a bait left untouched...

[Image: 4556398230_d24e7cf9fe_o.jpg]
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(03-28-2012, 04:37 PM)Cracker Wrote: It takes about four days for a rat to die.

That's so wrong.

I'm talking about rats at the dinner table tonight.

(03-28-2012, 04:40 PM)Duchess Wrote:

That's so wrong.

In what sense, honey? Do you feel badly for the rat or for the Cracker? I don't think it is painful for the rat. Warfarin is an anticoagulant and the rats get thirsty when they start bleeding out so they leave the garage looking for water. At least that is what I hoped happened...

I am ashamed of my dog. His refusal to take care of the ratting duties has permanently damaged our relationship.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Maybe he is waiting for it to marinate in the rain outside for awhile.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
you're waiting for the rat to bleed out like a hemophiliac?? hah hah hah

(03-28-2012, 04:49 PM)Cracker Wrote: In what sense, honey? Do you feel badly for the rat or for the Cracker? I don't think it is painful for the rat. Warfarin is an anticoagulant and the rats get thirsty when they start bleeding out so they leave the garage looking for water. At least that is what I hoped happened...

I feel badly for the rat. Wah

I appreciate the explanation because now I know what you're talking about, I've heard of that.

(03-28-2012, 04:54 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: you're waiting for the rat to bleed out like a hemophiliac?? hah hah hah

It sounds funnier when it is in someone else's garage.

I read the package before I put it out. I'm weird about pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, and rodenticides.

Warfarin was originally invented to use as a rodenticide and was then used as medicine for humans. Zyklon-B was invented as an insecticide before it was used by the Nazis. Organophosphates (and DDT) were invented during WWII and were thought to be safe for humans. Saddam spread that shit all over Iraq and it will persist for years. I remember dusting cattle and dogs with Sevin dust, now we know that shit will kill you, it is just less persistent.

As much as I don't like messing with the chemicals, I'm not sharing the hizzy with a rat.
kill it with peeps!

[Image: peeps026_1331304121.jpg?uuid=_YGEpGn2EeG-teN-Nf1skQ]

It was 80 something today. I'm pretty sure there isn't a dead rat around here. The bait hasn't been touched in a few days, so I think the garage is safe. I still can't leave the dog in the garage when I leave town, so he gets the run of the house. Expect bitching at some later date.