Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
do you believe in ghosts?
i haven't decided. hauntings, ghosts, the paranormal...what are your thoughts? experiences?

i know i have been fascinated with haunted castles in Europe, especially England and Scotland.

for example, how Katherine Howard is sometimes heard and seen screaming in Hampton Court, and of course the Tower of London is thick with spirits. usually sans heads.
[Image: SeveredWomanHead.gif]

Amityville Horror house

[Image: article-2129847-1299E4C7000005DC-167_634x633.jpg]

I think there are a lot of things that are difficult to explain or that we don't yet fully understand, although I think your example of the Amityville case has been pretty thoroughly debunked as a hoax.

Someone died in one of the apt. above the main stable & on a few different occasions I've experienced something that couldn't be explained...

...I was in Cowboy's office & it's all windows, the back wall is glass & it looks out upon the horse pool and the sides look out upon 2 wings of the barn, I thought I was alone but I could see the shadow of someone working in one of the stalls, the reality is I WAS alone, I've also heard the sound of someone walking around the pool deck and there is no one there.

I know what I saw & heard but I hesitate to call it a ghost even though I can't explain it.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
i don't believe the Amityville story either. the Tower of London and other places give me pause however. overwrought imaginations or truth? it's fun to read about.

No.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
I believe. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
It is fun to read about and stuff. As an alleged Christian, I think I am not supposed to believe, but to quote a certain Cowardly Lion "I do believe in spooks, I do I do I do believe in spooks". Never been to a supposed haunted place, but had an experience. When I first moved tp Rochester, I was home alone, no housemates. I was sleeping on the couch, woke up and seemed to see a shadow walking through the room. I suddenly hade a feeling it was my mom (she'd been dead almost 5 years) coming to check out the place. Yes, it MAY have been an afterimage from a dream or something..but I am not sure.
I don't know. I was cleaning my grandma's house after she passed away and I heard the blinds rattle in the back room but I chalked that up to the AC kicking on and blowing them, then the front door slammed shut but I think that was the wind, then I heard the closet door slam shut and I got the fuck out of there, I wasn't going back there to investigate. That house has always given me the creeps.
I believe in the Holy Ghost and have had many experiences with Him.
Spay and neuter your dogs and cats. Ban gas chambers in your local shelters. User made the call. User made a difference! Love3
We have shadow people at work.

Good luck trying to disprove it.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(04-15-2012, 10:59 AM)Cracker Wrote: No.

I'm aghostic.
Commando Cunt Queen
I have some trouble with the term 'believe'. It usually requires the observer to deviate from what he or she is observing in order to contemplate what may or may not be.

Then when we get to faith I'm outta there.
I call Bullshit, this is Jersey, probably rats
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ilmed.html
Ghosts?, nah, UFO's?, now you're talking.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Apparitions have been seen at work, good luck trying to disprove it.

UFO's have been seen at the lake,I know what I saw.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Well I don't know where you work so I'd be trudging uphill to begin with.

UFO - It's in the name.

Do we have to have a talk about burden of proof?
(04-16-2012, 10:29 AM)Riotgear Wrote: Well I don't know where you work so I'd be trudging uphill to begin with.

UFO - It's in the name.

You're welcome to question anything you want to.

You're welcome to stand in a pile of dog shit also.

Pick one and go for it.
John Adams

(04-16-2012, 10:40 AM)IMaDick Wrote:
(04-16-2012, 10:29 AM)Riotgear Wrote: Well I don't know where you work so I'd be trudging uphill to begin with.

UFO - It's in the name.

You're welcome to question anything you want to.

You're welcome to stand in a pile of dog shit also.

Pick one and go for it.

It's always so funny when you catch a person trying to pull off 'argumentum ad ignorantiam' and they get all bent out of shape about it.

I'm sorry alright. Sorry you didn't see that coming. Even when I said "LOOK OUT!".

When debating any issue, there is an implicit burden of proof on the person asserting a claim.
(04-16-2012, 10:48 AM)Riotgear Wrote: When debating any issue, there is an implicit burden of proof on the person asserting a claim.

Rules are for pussies, if you want to challenge me do it or fuck off.
John Adams

Had to go look it up eh? Heh.

And a John Adams quote too? Hilarious.