Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your Thoughts for Our Troops
my heart goes out today for this soldier. some pray, some don't, but i will say a prayer for his recovery.
i'd be happy he is alive if i were his mom, but devastated too for what he must endure. i can't fathom my child's body ripped apart.
i thought we needed a thread to honor the soldiers. sadly there are many like this young man. how cruel and unfair is life. :(

An Army soldier who lost his arms and legs during his third tour in Afghanistan last week underwent surgery Monday as supporters from around the globe offer prayers and messages of hope on a family website.

Army Staff Sgt. Travis Mills, of Vassar, Mich., was injured when he stepped on an IED April 10 while serving with the 82nd Airborne in Afghanistan as part of Operation Enduring Freedom. He is recuperating at a hospital in Germany and hopes to return stateside on Tuesday, three days after his 25th birthday, his father told FoxNews.com.

"He's in a tremendous amount of pain right now, but he's sleeping," Dennis Mills said. "But as far as I'm understanding, his vitals are good. But it's still early."

Mills said he last spoke to his son on Sunday.

"He was pretty upbeat," Dennis Mills continued. "He has his moments, but he was doing really well. He sure is looking forward to getting back to the good ol' United States."

A website dedicated to Mills' status, www.travismills.org, contains updates on his road to recovery and provides links on how to donate money to offset expenses related to his medical care, including some expenses that will not be covered by insurance, according to the website.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/16/qua...z1sDkviZii

[Image: travismills.jpg]

There are so many soldiers coming back that never would have made it just years ago. Damn he's a good looking guy. Is it awful to feel a little more pain for the hotties?
Commando Cunt Queen

One of the things that is happening during these explosions is something that no one talks about, some of these guys are losing their manhood. I was reading about it recently and one of the examples used was a soldier still conscious after an explosion shouting "check my nuts, check my nuts", I'll try to find the article so I can post a link. There are now plastic surgeons who are specializing in rebuilding them, so to speak, it's purely for decoative purposes, they won't function but they will have something between their legs and it helps them mentally.

I feel so sorry for them.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(04-16-2012, 12:54 PM)username Wrote: Damn he's a good looking guy. Is it awful to feel a little more pain for the hotties?

As long as you extend the same courtesy to us men I don't see why not.
He is a good looking guy. I am not sure I would want to live if I were him though. Maybe that is shallow but I think I would rather be dead then live through the pain he has now. I will pray for him as well LC.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
My little brother Jake -

[Image: ja02.jpg]
(04-16-2012, 01:21 PM)Riotgear Wrote: My little brother Jake -

[Image: ja02.jpg]

Please extend my thanks to your brother.

His service is very much appreciated.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Consider it done. I know I'm a little off topic here but it doesn't take much for me to throw a pic of him down. I'm very proud of how hard he works. He's an excellent soldier.
(04-16-2012, 01:27 PM)Riotgear Wrote: I know I'm a little off topic here

Outside of the crime forum, that won't ever be an issue in Mock. Many threads are derailed consistently in here and most, if not all of us don't have a problem with that.
(04-16-2012, 01:10 PM)Duchess Wrote:

One of the things that is happening during these explosions is something that no one talks about, some of these guys are losing their manhood. I was reading about it recently and one of the examples used was a soldier still conscious after an explosion shouting "check my nuts, check my nuts", I'll try to find the article so I can post a link. There are now plastic surgeons who are specializing in rebuilding them, so to speak, it's purely for decoative purposes, they won't function but they will have something between their legs and it helps them mentally.

Here you go. Check out the 9 word note left by one g/f. What.a.cunt.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/21...35356.html
Commando Cunt Queen

Here's the link to one of the stories I read. It made me emotional but none of you hardhearted bitches will have that concern.

Story
(04-16-2012, 01:49 PM)username Wrote: Here you go. Check out the 9 word note left by one g/f. What.a.cunt.

Oops. I didn't see you had posted before I did.

Yup, that's the same story.
(04-16-2012, 01:27 PM)Riotgear Wrote: Consider it done. I know I'm a little off topic here but it doesn't take much for me to throw a pic of him down. I'm very proud of how hard he works. He's an excellent soldier.

He's a cutie too!
(04-16-2012, 01:49 PM)username Wrote:
(04-16-2012, 01:10 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Here you go. Check out the 9 word note left by one g/f. What.a.cunt.

I'm outta here???? Wow. Cunt isn't a bad enough word for her.

She didn't really love him then, if she had you couldn't have pried her out of there with a crowbar. Fact.
(04-16-2012, 05:03 PM)Duchess Wrote:

She didn't really love him then, if she had you couldn't have pried her out of there with a crowbar. Fact.

Agreed.
(post 1)

Army Staff Sgt. Travis Mills, with his wife and baby girl.

[Image: article-2130656-12A03D47000005DC-312_306x423.jpg]

[Image: article-2130656-12A03D6C000005DC-503_634x426.jpg]

(04-16-2012, 05:03 PM)Duchess Wrote:

True. The last couple in the article, Mark and Heather, are making it work, sticking together, planning for alternative ways to still have children. Loving couple. And, an amazingly patriotic man:

And despite the traumatic turns his life has taken, Mark said he doesn't for a moment regret his decision to enlist in the Marines. He served, he said, "to make a difference, not just for the United States, our citizens, but over there -- we were making a difference for the people of Afghanistan.
My sister is career Navy and just finished a three year deployment on the aircraft carrier Ronald Reagan, as I may have shared with a couple people here. My own personal experience is with soldiers who have come home with concussive TBI (traumatic brain injury) and psych issues, as my agency has spearheaded a program to reintegrate them into society and reteach them how to do basic things to survive like dress and cook and perform life skills. Some of these guys come back completely scrambled...it's not something a lot of people think about when considering "war injury". I'm pretty proud my agency is leading it and glad to be a part of it...
That's cool,Donovan. Post a link or send me a pm; I'd like to help.
Commando Cunt Queen