Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone watching Game Of Thrones?
would love to discuss last nights show if you have been...
Any fans here?, for the uninitiated its an epic medieval fantasy series with lashings of sex, violence and foul language.

Currently four episodes into the second season it is one of the best TV shows I have ever seen, massive production values, huges sets and lavish costumes, adult entertainment written by adults for adults.

Its on HBO, I have already ordered the season one boxset on blu ray. I would advise anyone who hasn't seen it to do the same.

EPIC.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(04-30-2012, 09:48 AM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote: would love to discuss last nights show if you have been...

Which episode are you upto in the states?, I'm in the UK and I want to avoid any spoilers because I haven't read any of the Song of Ice and Fire books.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
We're current. We get it every Sunday at 9.

This weekends show was simply the best ever.Has to do with the Naming of the Three by Arya and the birth of the Stennis Ectoplasm from the redheaded witch Elissandra. Plus Tyrion makes the most INCREDIBLE discovery.

I have recorded them all so far...how far along are you?
Absolutely!

The problem is that the show is disappointing when compared with the books.

Definition of bittersweet: Reading all the books, then having to wait for the last two.
(05-02-2012, 03:46 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(04-30-2012, 09:48 AM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote: would love to discuss last nights show if you have been...

Which episode are you upto in the states?, I'm in the UK and I want to avoid any spoilers because I haven't read any of the Song of Ice and Fire books.

Unless there was an episode that I've recorded and not watched yet, the last on in the US was Garden of Bones, 4th episode of Season II.
Would love to but I'm a cable orphan. I'm waiting for the second season to hit iTunes for download. That way I only have to pay 30 bucks for season 2.
The last episode I saw was the one that ended with the shocking theft of some baby dragons.

Daenerys was not happy.
(05-15-2012, 02:23 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: The last episode I saw was the one that ended with the shocking theft of some baby dragons.

Daenerys was not happy.

It looks like we in the US are a week ahead of you.

She makes some progress toward getting them back, but she's still not happy.

Most of the action this week involved the Kingslayer, Jon and Winterfell.
I wonder if Jon gets his freak on with Ygritte the wildling?
(05-15-2012, 02:46 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: I wonder if Jon gets his freak on with Ygritte the wildling?

Gasp!!! That's coincidental. I'm on the 3rd book in the series and I literally just got to that point...

Caution, potential spoiler:

She told him they were going to fuck that night. They've now moved on to someone else (new chapter) so I don't actually know if it happened but she seemed to think it was going to (Jon didn't seem to mind too much either).

I'm enjoying the series but it was hard to follow all the characters with their different names at first.
He got a dry ass fuck.
(05-15-2012, 02:30 PM)Disciple Wrote:
(05-15-2012, 02:23 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: The last episode I saw was the one that ended with the shocking theft of some baby dragons.

Daenerys was not happy.

Nice to see Jamie again, I love/hate the little incestuous fuck. He'd still be a virgin otherwise.
Dammit! I shouldn't have read this! The dragons are stolen???

*backs out of thread*
Commando Cunt Queen
That whole part is looking awesome. Now those necromancers are involved. I didn't trust them anyway. She's going all superhero on their asses shortly.
My brother keeps trying to get me to watch them but we never line up correctly. I saw the pilot, that's about it. Got the books on my phonekindle, I suspect I'll read them before I see them.
There are few sights on TV as satisfying as watching Tyrion give that little swine Joffrey a good slap.
Fucking aye!
(05-15-2012, 02:46 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: I wonder if Jon gets his freak on with Ygritte the wildling?

Wait and see *wink*
(05-15-2012, 06:14 PM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote:
(05-15-2012, 02:30 PM)Disciple Wrote:

Daenerys was not happy.

Nice to see Jamie again, I love/hate the little incestuous fuck. He'd still be a virgin otherwise.

If the series continues and it remotely continues to follow the book, both your love and hate will intensify.

You may also decide, as I have, that the dwarf is one of the most interesting and admirable characters in the story.