Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School Dress Codes
I went into school with my oldest this morning to see his councelor about his schedule next year. They want parents to be involved and all that. As we are sitting there, a teacher comes in with a girl wearing a skin tight spandex dress. She had to call her father to ask him to bring her some jeans because she was in violation of the dress code. Her father must have asked her what she was wearing because she said my pink dress. WHICH pink dress? The one with white stripes that is sorta tight......yelling yelling yelling.

I agree with the teacher that brought her to the office. When she walked in I immediately though that was not an appropriate outfit for school before I even knew why she was there.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
How'd she get out of the house dressed like that?
The bus for 9th grade comes to my house at 6:35 so I assume it's around the same time for her. She probably snuck out while her parents were getting ready for work. I don't check to see what my son is wearing when he goes to the bus. But then again, I am pretty sure he doesn't have a short, tight, pink dress either.

I had a dress code in Catholic school/Convent and the nuns enforced it strictly. I hated it. As an adult in this day & age I think it's probably a damn good idea.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Same thing with my wife. I'm glad she kept the outfit though.
We cleaned out my Mom's attic a few months ago and the kids and I found the box with all my high school stuff including my cheerleading uniform. They were like you fit in to that? Um yea. Brats! LOL Maybe I should wear it to the market while trolling for men..... Smiley_emoticons_wink
[Image: Cheerleader.gif]
I can't see pics at work Ma. Crap. LOL
I am all for strict school dress codes, it stops kids from being bullied because they aren't wearing the latest fashions or designer labels.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(05-15-2012, 01:17 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: I am all for strict school dress codes, it stops kids from being bullied because they aren't wearing the latest fashions or designer labels.

That's not the point of our dress code. It's to keep the girls from dessing like hussies and the boys from walking around with their drawers hanging off. They can still wear all the brand names and fashionable lables.
(05-15-2012, 01:33 PM)ramseycat Wrote: That's not the point of our dress code.

I couldn't give a fuck. My point still stands.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(05-15-2012, 01:36 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(05-15-2012, 01:33 PM)ramseycat Wrote: That's not the point of our dress code.

I couldn't give a fuck. My point still stands.

Your point is stupid unless you require uniforms. A dress code isn't going to keep kids from wearing expensive clothing.
(05-15-2012, 01:53 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Your point is stupid unless you require uniforms. A dress code isn't going to keep kids from wearing expensive clothing.

A uniform IS a dress code you fucking moron.

Jesus Christ.

Some bars have a dress code, so does the country club. I notice church doesn't though.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-15-2012, 01:58 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(05-15-2012, 01:53 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Your point is stupid unless you require uniforms. A dress code isn't going to keep kids from wearing expensive clothing.

A uniform IS a dress code you fucking moron.

Jesus Christ.

Yea dear. However YOU didn't specify uniforms so your point is stupid.
(05-15-2012, 02:06 PM)ramseycat Wrote: However YOU didn't specify uniforms

I didn't have to for people with an IQ higher than their shoe size, you mong.
(05-15-2012, 02:13 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:

IQ has nothing to do with it. Get outta my thread. Clearly you can't contribure anything to a normal discussion so beat it. I know you feel bad because you are too poor to give your daughter the things the other kids have and I feel bad for you. But keep your shit to yourself. No one wants to hear it.
(05-15-2012, 02:15 PM)ramseycat Wrote:
(05-15-2012, 02:13 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:

IQ has nothing to do with it. Get outta my thread. Clearly you can't contribure anything to a normal discussion so beat it. I know you feel bad because you are too poor to give your daughter the things the other kids have and I feel bad for you. But keep your shit to yourself. No one wants to hear it.

That was a mean thing to say to a nutfuck.

+1
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

I love the idea of school uniforms. My childrens campus and I think 3 others in the county are the only ones left that don't require student uniforms. My kids don't care either way, but my youngest has been known to mutter "it's not picture day" when I set out a collared shirt for him to wear.

The uniforms I've seen have been khakis and a polo shirt, usually blue, white or black. It looks a little dressy (compared to what most kids wear) and I think it sends the message that school is a place to sit down and shut up and learn, not fuck off with the degenerate you're stuck next to in Geometry. Maybe more kids (and more PARENTS) would take school a little more seriously if the kids looked like they meant business.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
I wouldn't have a problem with the kids having school uniforms. Khakis and polos are fine. No ties though. Sometimes I wish we had uniforms here. It would be so much easier figuring out what to wear to work everyday. Friday's are jeans days and I usually wear a company shirt because that's easy.