Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHOICES
Life is all about choices, isn't it. For instance, maybe you chose to wear the red shirt over the green this morning. The why of it is irrelevant here, we're talking about the actual choice.

This is why I find poor white trash to be so.....mind bogglingly poor-white-trashy. I don't think anyone chooses to be poor, but I think being white trash is a CHOICE. I know some folks who haven't got two nickels to rub together, but their house and yard are clean, their babies don't run around in diapers and too small t shirts and their kids don't act like fools all over half the county.

So....why? Why do some people CHOOSE to live this lifestyle? Is it environmental? Psychological? Emotional? Or simply white trash begats white trash and they chose not to break the cycle? People can grow up in poverty. People can grow up with asshole parents that don't care what their kids do, what their house or yard looks like, or what they themselves look like. Some - SOME (I would say not even half) can choose to say "Just b/c my parents are ignorant fucks doesn't mean I have to be." Is it just easier to live the same life you lived as a child? Do you LIKE having a broken down chevy up on blocks in your front yard which could pass for a cow field b/c the grass is so high? Why did you choose to live your life as white trash? Why don't you make the choice NOT to act like an illiterate, ignorant douchebag and change the life of your children?

It makes no sense to me. It's a CHOICE. I don't see how anyone with half a brain chooses the white-trash way of life.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
They can't really help it if they're white can they?

I don't think color plays a part in being trashy.

Trashy people are trashy people.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

I guess you have never been to Europe or Asia.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Who set you off today?

Life is all about choices. Sometimes we make bad ones. When that happens you have to pick yourself up and move on.

One thing my parents taught me is that money doesn't buy class.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(05-18-2012, 12:43 PM)IMaDick Wrote: They can't really help it if they're white can they?

I don't think color plays a part in being trashy.

Trashy people are trashy people.

Quite right. I'll edit to add.
Shit I can't edit. By the term "white trash" I am not specifically referring to white people. This is all races, all genders.

Nothing set me off, it's just that there seems to be so much of it. Everywhere. And I wondered why.
(05-18-2012, 12:56 PM)LuciferLynn Wrote: Shit I can't edit. By the term "white trash" I am not specifically referring to white people. This is all races, all genders.

Nothing set me off, it's just that there seems to be so much of it. Everywhere. And I wondered why.

In an entitlement society appearance is everything.

You can't drive your caddy to the welfare office and expect 1000.00 in food stamps and 1500.00 in cash can you?

You have to have dirty kids with green snot hanging from their nose and clothes that look like they have been handed down 8 times, and a trashed out pacer or ford pickup truck.

and when they come to do a home visit you have to have all the trashy accruments that are expected, broken down vehicles,garbage laying everywhere sink full of last months dishes,broken clothes washer and rags hanging on a line, nothing else will work.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Holy shit Dick. That is a nasty picture you painted there. I hope that isn't your house.
(05-18-2012, 01:10 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Holy shit Dick. That is a nasty picture you painted there. I hope that isn't your house.

Reality isn't something you spend much time with is it?
John Adams

(05-18-2012, 01:10 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Holy shit Dick. That is a nasty picture you painted there. I hope that isn't your house.

Add a thick layer of animal hair over all the floors and some broken dry wall and it IS dicks house.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(05-18-2012, 01:17 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:

Add a thick layer of animal hair over floors and some broken dry wall and it IS dicks house.

My house only has some drywall and only where I have already replaced the old plaster, I still have a few rooms to go and lots of wiring and windows to replace but I promise I will get it done CN, It's just that I work 50 hours a week and I don't have never ending days at home like some people.

You should see the spare bedroom, it is nothing but wall studs and ceiling joists all exposed saw dust and stuff everywhere, rolls of romex,paint cans and bags of drywall mud, it looks like a fucking tornado hit it.
John Adams

(05-18-2012, 01:22 PM)IMaDick Wrote: My house only has some drywall and only where I have already replaced the old plaster, I still have a few rooms to go and lots of wiring and windows to replace but I promise I will get it done CN, It's just that I work 50 hours a week and I don't have never ending days at home like some people.

You should see the spare bedroom, it is nothing but wall studs and ceiling joists all exposed saw dust and stuff everywhere, rolls of romex,paint cans and bags of drywall mud, it looks like a fucking tornado hit it.

Yeah, thanks for confirming you live in a human shitpile.

I manage to study full time work part time AND help to keep my house clean and tidy.

When I have a DIY task I do it there and then and thats it, I don't start several DIY tasks at once that will never get finished like you do you disorganised vermin.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(05-18-2012, 01:16 PM)IMaDick Wrote:

Reality isn't something you spend much time with is it?

If that description is your reality then no, I don't want to spend any time there.
(05-18-2012, 01:27 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(05-18-2012, 01:22 PM)IMaDick Wrote: My house only has some drywall and only where I have already replaced the old plaster, I still have a few rooms to go and lots of wiring and windows to replace but I promise I will get it done CN, It's just that I work 50 hours a week and I don't have never ending days at home like some people.

When I have a DIY task I do it there and then and thats it, I don't start several DIY tasks at once that will never get finished like you do you disorganised vermin.

hah Bullshit. It's obvious from your reply that you have never done a whole house project.

I have no time to teach you how to do one, so let me just put it like this, you can't put in new wiring with walls and ceilings in the way.

If you have anymore questions let me know I have remodeled several houses I know how to do it.
John Adams

(05-18-2012, 01:22 PM)IMaDick Wrote: it is nothing but wall studs and ceiling joists all exposed saw dust and stuff everywhere, rolls of romex,paint cans and bags of drywall mud, it looks like a fucking tornado hit it.

Sounds like heaven to me...you think I'm kiddin'.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-18-2012, 01:32 PM)IMaDick Wrote: hah Bullshit. It's obvious from your reply that you have never done a whole house project.

Nope, and if I did I would hire professionals because:-

A - I can afford them

and

B - I have so many better things to do.

I wouldn't trust you with a power tool to be honest, you probably have missing fingers already.
In an entitlement society appearance is everything.

You can't drive your caddy to the welfare office and expect 1000.00 in food stamps and 1500.00 in cash can you?
You have to have dirty kids with green snot hanging from their nose and clothes that look like they have been handed down 8 times, and a trashed out pacer or ford pickup truck.

and when they come to do a home visit you have to have all the trashy accruments that are expected, broken down vehicles,garbage laying everywhere sink full of last months dishes,broken clothes washer and rags hanging on a line, nothing else will work.
[/quote]

Is this is? Laziness? A feeling of entitlement? Where did they get that feeling? Parents? Society? It just seems like more and more people are CHOOSING to live this way, when they've had opportunity after oppurtunity to say "No. No I will NOT continue to live as trash. I will NOT raise my children like wild heathens." I just don't get it.
Some people just don't give a fuck.
Commando Cunt Queen
I am a professional, I obviously can afford it since I'm doing it, and you still don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

By the way, I also have an 83 Bronco that I'm restoring and building, go ahead and tell me about cars also, I have been working on it for about 2 years already.

I'm doing all of the work myself, Motor,paint,electrical to convert it back to points instead of the electronic ignition, wiring all made to handle a 100 amp alternator, off road lights,lift kit V-* instead of the 6 that it came with.

it's a fucking mess, primer and grease and motor parts and stuff everywhere.
John Adams

Why would you put all the money and work into an '83 Bronco? Why not restore a Mustang or a Vette?