Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kids served alcohol
This shit happens all the time. You would think after the first few times, wait staff would be more careful. It's like people forgetting their kids in the car or bus drivers leaving a kid on the bus. How many times does it have to happen before people get a clue?

By LAUREN MAYK | News Channel 8
Published: May 17, 2012
Updated: May 17, 2012 - 7:48 PM
» Comments | Post a Comment
Two Bay area moms say a Clearwater restaurant served alcoholic beverages to their 4-year-old sons, sending one to the hospital.

The women, Jamie Goins and Jessica Weatherford, were at Frenchy's South Beach Cafe on Gulfview Boulevard for a Mother's Day outing. They said their children had earned a special treat, so they ordered the kids alcohol-free strawberry daiquiris.

Goins said her son finished his drink in about 10 minutes. She said he then "started acting a little strange, falling asleep, stumbling over things … then he started vomiting.

"It was not good."

Weatherford's son didn't have as much to drink.

It wasn't until they looked at the receipt and asked about the $6 non-alcoholic drinks that they suspected the drinks contained alcohol.

"Right then, I told [the waitress] that we had a problem because you served two 4-year-olds, and one of them is extremely intoxicated," Weatherford said.

The mothers contacted police, and Goins' son was taken to a local hospital in an ambulance.

A Clearwater police spokeswoman said it was discovered a waitress had pressed the wrong button for the drink order and the boys were served alcoholic beverages. The spokeswoman said no charges are pending because they believe it was an accident.

The Frenchy's corporate office said it had no comment on the incident.

The mothers said they were contacted by workers at the restaurant checking to see if the children were all right. They say they want to see a system put in place to keep errors like this from happening again.

"Something needs to be done so it doesn't happen to another child, where they die," Goins said.

Member Agreement / Privacy Statement
Share This:
Email Facebook Google Twitter Favorites More Advertisement
Advertisement

Reader Comments
*Facebook Account Required to Comment. If you are not already logged into Facebook, please click the comment button to do so.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

The kids are going to be fine, right? I hope I'm clear on that...'cuz I'm laughing.

The four yr. old finished his in about 10 minutes. Hahahaha! Don't look at me like that! I think it's funny.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Yeah I'm sure they'll be fine. When I was two I kept taking sips of my moms mad dog while she wasn't looking and my dad came home to find my mom passed out in the bathroom and me running around the house like a lunatic. He had to take me out in the rain to sober me up. I haven't been right ever since, but I lived.
Quote:sally wrote: He had to take me out in the rain to sober me up. I haven't been right ever since, but I lived.
Smiley_emoticons_smile

"This shit happens all the time", from the OP.

Never heard about this problem before, but this particular incident doesn't sound too bad. Shit happens. Better than a kid downing a whole bottle of something at home; that's dangerous.
(05-19-2012, 06:42 PM)ramseycat Wrote: It's like people forgetting their kids in the car or bus drivers leaving a kid on the bus.

No, it's not like that (to me). It's pressing a wrong button in a stupid restaurant.
You ladies know how to fuck up a great drama thread.

I'm pretty sure you have completely mindfucked ramseys weekend.

Cracker,cracker,cracker I just know it's that bitches fault somehow.

PM's all around more than likely.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

hahahahaha

Jealousy is a cruel mistress.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(05-19-2012, 07:32 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Cracker,cracker,cracker

Smiley_emoticons_shocked Holy Moly! I hadn't seen this when I just responded to you in the same way. Oh my gods, I'm morphing into Dick. Wah
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-19-2012, 07:52 PM)Duchess Wrote:
I'm morphing into Dick. Wah

I feel that way sometimes.

He is a legend, after all.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(05-19-2012, 08:27 PM)Cracker Wrote:

Just don't pick up his inability to type a post free of spelling and grammatical errors, please.
(05-19-2012, 08:35 PM)username Wrote:
(05-19-2012, 08:27 PM)Cracker Wrote:

Just don't pick up his inability to type a post free of spelling and grammatical errors, please.

You should really get past all of the animosity.

I Love you.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(05-19-2012, 09:03 PM)IMaDick Wrote: You should really get past all of the animosity.

I Love you.

I know. Hate makes people bitter and ugly.

Good news! I'm having a drink while the tacos cook. Drinking too much

I love you too, ImaKick.
I see Venus I see Mars I see people under cars. I actually do see those two planets its a really nice night out, one of the first after winter sighs of relief. I'm here. Now to make time stand still.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(05-19-2012, 09:45 PM)Maggot Wrote: I see Venus I see Mars I see people under cars. I actually do see those two planets its a really nice night out, one of the first after winter sighs of relief. I'm here. Now to make time stand still.

Did any kids get drunk while making that post? If not then get the hell out of here.
(05-19-2012, 09:55 PM)sally Wrote:
(05-19-2012, 09:45 PM)Maggot Wrote: I see Venus I see Mars I see people under cars. I actually do see those two planets its a really nice night out, one of the first after winter sighs of relief. I'm here. Now to make time stand still.

Did any kids get drunk while making that post? If not then get the hell out of here.

You have a point there. I should have picked the drunken posting thread. Good day..........good day to you. Carry on..........
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(05-19-2012, 10:05 PM)Maggot Wrote:

You have a point there. I should have picked the drunken posting thread. Good day..........good day to you. Carry on..........

Sally should have been the twat in the above exchange, but nooooo Maggot always has to change things around.
John Adams

I was afraid we'd missed the eclipse but it's tomorrow. phew. Hopefully I'll be sober by then.

hah
(05-19-2012, 06:52 PM)sally Wrote: Yeah I'm sure they'll be fine. When I was two I kept taking sips of my moms mad dog while she wasn't looking and my dad came home to find my mom passed out in the bathroom and me running around the house like a lunatic. He had to take me out in the rain to sober me up. I haven't been right ever since, but I lived.

when you were TWO??

ok this explains a LOT
(05-19-2012, 10:11 PM)username Wrote:

I was afraid we'd missed the eclipse but it's tomorrow. phew. Hopefully I'll be sober by then.

hah

<3
(05-19-2012, 07:23 PM)username Wrote:
(05-19-2012, 06:42 PM)ramseycat Wrote: It's like people forgetting their kids in the car or bus drivers leaving a kid on the bus.

No, it's not like that (to me). It's pressing a wrong button in a stupid restaurant.

I bet that would be just your reaction had it been one of your kids. Or the next time it happens and a kid does die.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies