Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Work husbands or wives
Who's got 'em?
Not since she left me, years ago.
(05-23-2012, 07:40 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Who's got 'em?

My husband has a job outside the home while I work my ass off staying at home with my kids and running the household. Some article somewhere stated that if I were to be paid a salary for my work, it would be well over $100k. I resent any implications to the contrary and I hope you're not devaluing stay at home parents.

J/k. I got the life o' riley, baby!! But my husband does too. His weekends and evenings are pretty much stress free because I've taken care of anything that might need to be done around here during the week. The housekeeper and gardener help. hah but I take the cars in for service, pay the bills, cook, take the kids to all their activities etc. It's a good arrangement for us.
(05-23-2012, 07:54 PM)Sterling Wrote: Not since she left me, years ago.

Really? Same lady for me, over three decades now, and I'm really getting to like her a lot lately. By lately I mean the last 10 years or so.

We both work, she's currently more successful money wise, but that's just til July Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
I'm pretty much like User except I don't have a housekeeper, my husband is scared she'll find his weed. I'm calling a maid service next week though, I'm just going to have to pack it on me while they're here.
I think the OP was referring to a person with whom you work, not you easy-living women.

Everybody at work adores me, but I hate most of them.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
^lol
Shit, I didn't think I'd have to explain what I meant, but Cracker is right... Ma and Sterling got it right.

UN and Sally... I'll bet your husbands have work wives. You should ask them about it and make them uncomfortable.

Cracker - do you just work with assholes, or do you hate everyone?
Thank you. That's what I thought you meant, hence my response.

Cracker is a master imo. respect that. Ive had thousands of posts at many other boards for many years blahblahfuckingblah. She's awesome.

Complete fresh breath of air for me on mb's
I currently do not have a work husband. He transferred out to an agency. He was/is the best! And I like his real wife too. They are just really good people.

My ex was so freakin jealous of my old work husband at the company I used to work for. I couldn't understand why because he was gay and "married" to his boyfriend. I would think that is safest kind of work spouse.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Marriage is never numb.
(05-23-2012, 08:27 PM)username Wrote:
(05-23-2012, 07:40 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Who's got 'em?

My husband has a job outside the home while I work my ass off staying at home with my kids and running the household. Some article somewhere stated that if I were to be paid a salary for my work, it would be well over $100k. I resent any implications to the contrary and I hope you're not devaluing stay at home parents.

J/k. I got the life o' riley, baby!! But my husband does too. His weekends and evenings are pretty much stress free because I've taken care of anything that might need to be done around here during the week. The housekeeper and gardener help. hah but I take the cars in for service, pay the bills, cook, take the kids to all their activities etc. It's a good arrangement for us.

Here's the real test:

Does he get to golf, or do his guy things, anytime he feels like it?
I lolled at this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I knew exactly what he was talking about. I have a work husband. He's kind of a dud but easy on the eyes and he helps me when I can't figure something out or I just need moral support. We have never been intimate and I would never look at him like that. We have just always called eachother work husband and wife. I work a lot and so does my significant other. We also have a nanny who does light housework. She leaves when we get home and never works the weekend unless I'm out of town on business. So I still have to cook. Smiley_emoticons_slash
^this is an open marriage? (question not a judgement)
I've had some nice partnerships over the years, one of which clicked so well I actually married her.

Ummmm...don't do that. It only seems like a good idea for a little while.
We're going to have an interesting dinner, you and I.
(05-23-2012, 09:55 PM)Donovan Wrote: I've had some nice partnerships over the years, one of which clicked so well I actually married her.

Ummmm...don't do that. It only seems like a good idea for a little while.

I will cosign this. In blood.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
damn.
Anyone (besides Donovan) crossed the line that they want to admit to?