Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Girl gives birth on the street...
Saw this on t.v. this morning...

ISTANBUL — A teenage girl gave birth to a child as she walked down a street in Istanbul’s Bağcılar district last night before leaving the newborn on the pavement, according to camera footage.

The 16-year-old reportedly informed her parents about her pregnancy that night, and the three were reportedly heading toward a health center when she delivered the baby as she walked.

The camera shows the three figures staring at the baby on the ground and then walking away from it, leaving the bloody child on the pavement.

More:

http://somalilandpress.com/turkish-girl-...ment-29963
Charity reply.

Those women in turkey are tough.

and covered with hair.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Assholes walked away. Heartless, hairy fuckers.
Commando Cunt Queen
Again, let's stop demanding that all cultures should be respected.

If you watch the whole video, it's apparent that the newborn is moving itself along the sidewalk in a desperate effort to survive.

Fucking animals.
Really? I didn't catch that. I can't believe no one touched the baby earlier. When that one woman took off her scarf for a moment, I thought she was going to use it to pick up the baby or something. Nope.

You're right about the culture. Why the hell were the grandparents released?
Commando Cunt Queen
If you scroll the slider on the video, the baby moves to the right from where it first appears. Can't really tell, but I think it leaves a blood smear on the sidewalk as well.

Just inhumane and disgusting.
(06-08-2012, 03:13 PM)Jimbone Wrote: If you scroll the slider on the video, the baby moves to the right from where it first appears. Can't really tell, but I think it leaves a blood smear on the sidewalk as well.

Just inhumane and disgusting.

God damn you're right! That makes me that much more pissed at the bystanders. WTF?!?!
Sometimes I'm sorry I look :(
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-08-2012, 03:32 PM)Duchess Wrote: Sometimes I'm sorry I look :(

The good news is the baby is okay now. 11
(06-08-2012, 03:32 PM)Duchess Wrote: Sometimes I'm sorry I look :(

Yeah, I kind of feel that way most days at least once.
Apologies, in advance, for the post length; passionate about this topic.

It is heartless, inhumane and cruel that this baby was abandoned; I'm glad the baby is okay (at least physically). I don't believe that all practices of all cultures should be respected. But, I do believe that they should be acknowledged. Ignorance promotes stagnancy.

We read about cases here in the US where primarily young/teenaged women leave newborns in public toilets, trash cans, etc.. Typically, they have kept their pregnancies hidden, like the girl in Turkey. "Boarder babies" was also a huge problem here in the US, with 23,000 newborns per year simply deserted at the hospital by primarily drug-addicted parents (NY Times). Some of the boarder baby and discarded infant problem was alleviated when states started enacting safe haven laws whereby parent(s) can drop off unwanted newborns at designated community havens without fear of prosecution; starting with Texas in 1999 and enacted by all 50 states by 2008.

And, up until July 2001, the US was allowing babies born after unsuccessful late abortion attempts to simply die; they were not given any medical attention because it was deemed that the mother's right not to have a child superceded the baby's right to humane care and life. I support the right to choose/abortion; I did not support the policy whereby living/functioning babies fully removed from their mothers were left to die, in the presence of the mother, clinic personnel, etc... and then discarded. Such was the problem that Federal Legislation was required to clarify that babies born under these circumstances and possessing hearbeats, breathing, and exhibiting voluntary muscle movement are to be considered as "Persons, Human Beings, Children, Individuals" and entitled to the same Constitutional rights as any child born within the United States. Federal legislation was actually required to make this clarification, only a decade ago, in the US (Born Alive Infant Protection act; BAIP - overwhelmingly supported by both Dems and Repubs).

China and Northern India still inhumanely promote female infanticide due to economic and cultural issues. It's creating new problems for China as the number of men greatly exceeds the number of women and single men are considered social outcasts in the country. South Korea is one Asian country that has successfully changed its culture and stopped the killing of baby girls through education and law; they formerly had the same inequity of males to females as China. Now, it's near normal, but it didn't start to happen until South Korea became economically prosperous. Some global humanitarian organizations are present in China, India and other countries where infanticide is practiced. While they are saving babies everyday through education and by offering adoption options, it's not enough.

Infanticide and the discarding of infants as a practice shouldn't be happening anywhere, period, FFS. Ideally, imo, birth control, early abortion, education, cultural realignment, infant protection laws, and adoption options should be aggressively propagated to prevent it. Realistically, it's very hard to penetrate centuries of cultural and religious beliefs. Unbelievably heart-breaking problem with no easy solution. 21
Turks do not regard human life so lowly as the three who left the baby. They love their children as much as anyone else.

It's a small wonder the baby lived and a big wonder that no one helped it for so long. I suppose it was largely shock and disbelief that delayed help.

They might have wanted to see how far it could get and where it was going. I sure hope the poor kid never sees the video and never has to depend on the three heartless creatures who left him.
[Image: egypt_5.gif]
Where safe haven laws have been enacted, NO babies should be abandoned when there's that alternative.
Commando Cunt Queen
anyone that would abandon a baby should be killed.
(06-08-2012, 08:20 PM)cladking Wrote: Turks do not regard human life so lowly as the three who left the baby. They love their children as much as anyone else.

I've not seen any indication that what happened in this instance in Turkey is indicative of the country's culture regarding infants/children either. The countries that have cultural/economic issues which are linked directly to an actual practice of infanticide and abandonment are China (due primarily to its 1 child policy), the poorer parts of India (due primarily to the high cost/dowry required for girls), and the poorer parts of Africa. Of course, it's hard for the World Health Org or any organization to track exactly because these deaths by abandonment are not proactively reported, but these are consistently cited as the problem areas.

Compared to other developed nations, the United States has the highest rate of child homicide: 8.0/100,000 for infants, 2.5/100,000 for preschool-age children (age 1–4 years), and 1.5/100,000 for school-age children (age 5–14 years).
http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/article....urnalID=13

Can that be blamed on culture? To an extent, possibly. But, I think that psychology, circumstance, and laws have a lot to do with it. It's very difficult to understand how anyone anywhere can kill a baby or child or leave them to die. In the few countries where it's a known systematic practice due to economic/cultural issues, hoping there is progress made, as was done in South Korea. But, even so, that won't mean that no babies are killed there, just that the reasons will be different and the numbers will be significantly lower. JMO...
(06-08-2012, 01:43 PM)username Wrote: Assholes walked away. Heartless, hairy fuckers.

To be fair, they had a previous appointment.
(06-08-2012, 10:14 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(06-08-2012, 01:43 PM)username Wrote: Assholes walked away. Heartless, hairy fuckers.

Wench. Yes, they were walking her to the hospital and eventually took her there. They just forgot the baby part. Guns
(06-08-2012, 10:17 PM)username Wrote:
(06-08-2012, 10:14 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:

Wench. Yes, they were walking her to the hospital and eventually took her there. They just forgot the baby part. Guns

You fucker, there is no excuse.
(06-08-2012, 10:18 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You fucker, there is no excuse.

I know! So stop making excuses for your family members.
(06-08-2012, 10:22 PM)username Wrote:
(06-08-2012, 10:18 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You fucker, there is no excuse.

I know! So stop making excuses for your family members.

I was being sarcastic. I am a nurse, do you think I would condone that shit? It makes me so angry.

The other side of the coin, is that they probably have no value on the child because it was conceived 'haram' style ie (forbidden), bringing disrepute to their precious family honor.