Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHAT IS OLD?

Is it an age? A tired body? Just what the hell is old?

While visiting my parents once I had a chance to observe them & their friends and not once did I look at any of them as if they were old. These were active people playing golf & tennis, they were on the move, they weren't baking cookies or building birdhouses.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
When you have to think where you are before you sneeze.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
It depends on your lifestyle I believe.

I never feel old until I see someone I used to babysit for with their teenage kids, or knowing my 30th reunion is next year. Shit like that depresses me. OR.... my oldest son will be a quarter century old on Saturday, that makes me feel old, but only on the inside.
My mother once told me the hardest thing about getting older was reconciling the way you feel on the inside with the way you look as you age. She said "I only feel old on the outside. Sometimes I still feel very young on the inside." Luckily she is young at heart...at 65 she went white water rafting with me and the grandkids last summer.
(06-12-2012, 06:30 PM)crash Wrote: When you have to think where you are before you sneeze.

Pretty much what Crash said. I think old is when you start having significant physical or mental issues that prohibit you from doing the things you want to do.

Take care of your teeth, people. My mom has dentures and the few times I've seen her without them...*shudders*
I'm training for the Carlsbad marathon in January and am past 50. I like the philosophy of Duchess' parents. They're spot on.
(06-12-2012, 07:23 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: I'm training for the Carlsbad marathon in January and am past 50. I like the philosophy of Duchess' parents. They're spot on.

That's awesome. It's the primary reason I go to the gym every damn day. It's partly vanity but more just to stay fit and agile and keep the bones and heart strong.
What's wrong with baking cookies? Ooo gah!

But seriously, they aren't going to bake themselves and they are delicious.
IMO-old is a state of mind. Having a lot to look forward to is intrinsically young. So being young for the most part is a state of being over which we all have control. You gotta get out and involve yourself in life.
(06-12-2012, 06:50 PM)username Wrote: Take care of your teeth, people. My mom has dentures and the few times I've seen her without them...*shudders*

My brother has dentures already at 35. It is nasty without them.

*shudders also*
I hate it when the solution to everything is exercise. There is just no escaping it.
I asked my 89 year old mom recently why she wasn't going to go to my aunts funeral and she said that by the time she packs all of her depends, she's already loaded up one suitcase
Spay and neuter your dogs and cats. Ban gas chambers in your local shelters. User made the call. User made a difference! Love3
I had a heart attack last year and changed everything as a result. I have to say that prior to that event, I felt old.

These days it's like I'm in my 20's again. Users right about the gym, there's no replacing 80-120 minutes of vigorous activity every day.

You're the third Mocker that I know of who has had a heart attack.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
It was my own stupid fault.
Age is but a number. If you act old, you will be old. I am lucky that I don't look my age and often get mistaken for still being in my 30's. I think a lot of it has to do with my attitude and that I am basically a happy person and I let it show. I think the 80's hair do and the mom jeans kinda mess that look up for me though. hah
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
[Image: 179223_368285673233269_1866623490_n.jpg]
I can be young or old at any given moment.

Ask the last guy I fired , I had way too much fun doing it to be old, but if you look at what lead up to that it's possible I was a little old for the situation.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Old is as Old does!

If you act old, you're old, if you act young, you're fooling others! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I must be getting old, I find it very hard waking up in the morning.