Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Father's Day
do you still have your Dad?
tell us about him~
any plans for Sunday?

are you a Dad?
what would you enjoy most for Father's Day?

[Image: FathersDaySign.jpg]

My father is gone.

We are having a family dinner and celebrating for/with my brother. Going to the cemetary see our Dad and put flowers on his grave.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Grilling burgers and hotdogs, making potato salad and a cake.
My dad hasn't been involved in my life for about 17 years. I never really had a reason to celebrate Father's Day, but now that my husband is a father it has an entirely new meaning. I got a picture of him and my son on a 16x20 canvas print and will spend the day doing whatever it is he wants to do. The little guy and I will make cards and they are making gifts at the daycare he attends.

Thanks to all those men who are true men and are committed to their children and families!
I'm fortunate, my dad is still fairly young (early 60's) and is in good health. He also lives close to me. We get together at least once or twice a month. He and my 5 year-old share a love of trains, so that's cool.

As for me, I'd love to be able to play 18 and watch the conclusion of the U.S. Open for the big day (I usually get to).

My 3 year old is taking ballet classes next week and has soccer the week after. She's ambitious.
i had a wonderful father. i was so blessed. he was strict and i didn't always appreciate his motives for that as a kid.
but as i look back, i was so fortunate.
especially when i read about other peoples' stories.
he took me everywhere. camping across the USA and historical sites all over America, from Ford's Theater to Civil War battlegrounds. the Smithsonian all the time on weekends. he loved history too, and taught me so much about European history. the great Cathedrals and ancient kings and battles.
i miss my Dad every day. he loved me truly.

God bless all the good Dads out there. who love and care for and teach their children.

(06-14-2012, 01:53 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: making potato salad

American, warm German, white Dutch?

Dad's don't expect as much from Father's Day as moms do on Mother's Day. They mostly just want to be fed and get lots of hugs.

They should just have Parent's Day and be done with it.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(06-16-2012, 10:06 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:
i miss my Dad every day.

God bless all the good Dads out there. who love and care for and teach their children.

I do, too. He did a good job stepping up for me and my brother. He would say, "I'm sorry you don't have much of a mother and got stuck with me." Maybe we didn't know any better, but we never felt like we were missing out on anything.

He is still the biggest influence in my life.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(06-14-2012, 02:33 PM)RaisingAPrince Wrote: My dad hasn't been involved in my life for about 17 years. I never really had a reason to celebrate Father's Day, but now that my husband is a father it has an entirely new meaning. I got a picture of him and my son on a 16x20 canvas print and will spend the day doing whatever it is he wants to do. The little guy and I will make cards and they are making gifts at the daycare he attends.

Thanks to all those men who are true men and are committed to their children and families!

<3
My Dad sits between the medicine chest and the woodstove in my garage. He keeps an eye on me so I don't cut my thumbs off or spill battery acid on myself. One time I looked over and said waddya think? And I stopped and got off the ladder. He's good like that and I appreciate it more than he knows.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(06-16-2012, 11:03 PM)Cracker Wrote:
(06-14-2012, 01:53 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: making potato salad

American, warm German, white Dutch?

Dad's don't expect as much from Father's Day as moms do on Mother's Day. They mostly just want to be fed and get lots of hugs.

They should just have Parent's Day and be done with it.

American... and lots of bacon.

NO MUSTARD. NO ITALIAN DRESSING.

My brother and his college friend once made potato salad with deli mustard and italian dressing. That shit was nasty. Nastier even than Amish potato salad. Blech.
Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers of Mock Blowing-kisses Have a great day with your family.
I'm having a yummy three egg omelette being made for me. Poblano, chevre, garlic, salsa and turkey sausage. Plus Sumatran french press. Hopefully I can weasel out of being on call so I can hang with my family this afternoon.
Happy Father's Day to all our Mock Daddy's!
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Happy Fathers Day, you sumbitches!

Enjoy the one day a year I'll fetch you your damn beer and chips!
[Image: th?id=I4891865245484011&pid=1.1]

Hoping all of Mock's dads enjoyed their day.
I feel like a damn slave, I've been working my ass off in the kitchen all day. And if that isn't enough I'm going to have to get on top the other way around tonight and burn the shit out of my quadriceps.
hah...........bring popcorn.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.