Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
WHAT DO YOU THINK?

What do you think about a site with no rules, a free for all where anything goes & everyone is welcome. A place where no constraints are placed on you. Hmmm?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
There is no such thing. When people can get sued for shit that happens on their site it would be impossible.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Would it be a tard-free zone?
(06-21-2012, 09:38 AM)Maggot Wrote: There is no such thing. When people can get sued for shit that happens on their site it would be impossible.

Yeah, what he said. Even Mock is not totally free of rules. Granted the interweb is probably a bit more relaxed, and sometimes folks feel they are more free to say what they want under a cloak of perceived anonimity..but they forget we are not completly anonymous here.
i wouldn't like no-holds-barred. for example, a forum is no place to tolerate threats.

Ive posted at a few boards like that (MEDS and rubycalaber.com) among a few others, and it just doesn't work.

I also think that rules aren't to be tested, but respected. It helps to know what the rules are pretty specifically, or at least be able to react when it's discerned they're being stretched.
I don't think the anarchy approach can work for long because there are always people who want to push that limit and any admin or moderator would be driven crazy trying to clean shit off the walls. People don't respond well to nonstructured environments.
If you want to find out, give me the keys...
I'm sure I'm not qualified to answer this specific question as Mock is the only board I've ever participated in.

I appreciate the rules that are in place here.

Since the influx of people in the last few months, I've come to realize how seriously some people take the Internetz. I'd never realized that all this inter-forum drama even existed.

So, the post counts may be up here, but I'm sure Duchess is sick of the constant back and forth that seems to be going on daily.

Keep your rules Duchess, and for those that don't want to heed them, kick 'em out.
I like that Mock has a few rules. The ones here are important. But we still have the freedom to say what we want. I have been on forums where there was no swearing and you could never call someone out if you felt they were wrong. Another I was on was sort of like this place where we had the freedom to say what we wanted but we didn't really have the serious mocking done here. If you didn't really care for a member, you just didn't interact with them. Mock is unique and I like it.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(06-21-2012, 11:25 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Keep your rules Duchess

Someone in my life is a psychiatrist and every now & now that person puts ideas in my head, gives me things to ponder & on occasion I throw these thoughts out onto Mock. This was just one more case of me doing that. I was interested in what Mockers thought of a community like the one I described.
Well every now and now.hah

Let me be the first to piss on MS and his dead forum body after he gets banned for being a jack wagon.

Ban the stupid mutherfuckers, keep the semi sweet ladies and legends let the rest rot on the vine if they can't keep up.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(06-21-2012, 11:48 AM)IMaDick Wrote: Well every now and now.hah

That person told me that rules/guidelines, whatever you want to call it, gives people a sense of structure & security. I just applied it to Mock in my own way. hah
^truth
So did ESAD really leave? All this drama between him and his fellows was hard to follow. At least when Cracker and I fight, ya'll can tell what's going on. They bring shit here from other forums and no one knows what the hell they are fighting about.
(06-21-2012, 12:21 PM)ramseycat Wrote: So did ESAD really leave? All this drama between him and his fellows was hard to follow. At least when Cracker and I fight, ya'll can tell what's going on. They bring shit here from other forums and no one knows what the hell they are fighting about.

Not really much of a fight. ESAD for whatever reason thinks of me as a fat, lazy retarded cunt and takes every opportunity he can to remind me of that. My only mistake was coming here under a guise and poking the ESAD bear one too many times. It didn't help that it happened while Ma was running his confirmation troll to counter my lame guise troll. It only added to the tension with me poking the bear and trying(and failing) to do damage control and hold onto my privacy and the secret of my TK identity of Loktar(Lox). I really hope ESAD doesn't leave Mock. We get along ok-ish at the other boards we share, I see no reason why we can't get along here. I'll just do my best to ignore him/not poke or respond to his posts if he stays.
Wow, you dudes have more drama than the chicks here.
(06-21-2012, 01:10 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Wow, you dudes have more drama than the chicks here.

I don't know about that....I think you and Cracker still have me and ESAD beat in the drama department.
(06-21-2012, 01:23 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(06-21-2012, 01:10 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Wow, you dudes have more drama than the chicks here.

I don't know about that....I think you and Cracker still have me and ESAD beat in the drama department.

QFT

Truth is, I was just fucking around, I didn't know at first and was guessing. So in that sense, I got lucky, which happens sometimes in a foray.

Clang is one of the good ones though, he and I go way back. First time I've been pwnt in ages.
(06-21-2012, 01:45 PM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote:
(06-21-2012, 01:23 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

QFT

Truth is, I was just fucking around, I didn't know at first and was guessing. So in that sense, I got lucky, which happens sometimes in a foray.

Clang is one of the good ones though, he and I go way back. First time I've been pwnt in ages.

Yeah figured mentioning Wordforge and those other boards would throw you off my trail....best part is that I know of them but don't post at them.hahBlowing-kisses