Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Our Government needs some
Honest therapy even just a bit of consistency would be nice.hah What a bunch of morons.

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of
Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free
meals and food stamps ever.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S.
Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals."

Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow
dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Oh the irony......
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Jesus. I heard some snippet on the news this morning about the government "pushing" foodstamps. Why?
Commando Cunt Queen

Sometimes I think I won't be able to stand hearing/reading one more thing about how stupid our Government is. I wouldn't hire any of those people to watch a clock.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-26-2012, 03:05 PM)username Wrote: Jesus. I heard some snippet on the news this morning about the government "pushing" foodstamps. Why?

The government really wants a dependent people, if you control the food you control the population.

North Korea stands out as a shining example.

Pointed argument can be found below, The USSC has already ruled on the feds right to control your back yard garden.

http://www.naturalnews.com/030799_food_f...lburn.html
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

I hope none of you ever need aid.
(06-26-2012, 04:22 PM)Riotgear Wrote: I hope none of you ever need aid.

I like helping people who are genuinely in need. I don't want to help people who do nothing to help themselves. I can't stand a lazy person but I'm willing to give anyone a hand who is down on their luck or unfortunate in some other way. Some people are fucked up users & I want to beat them with a stick.

I have no problem with people that are actively searching for work, willing to take most any job offered them etc. who utilize aid. I have a problem with lazy asses who milk and defraud the system.
So should we see to it that the children of a lazy mother are fed, clothed, housed, educated and properly fed? How about if she refuses to work and continues to have children?
(06-26-2012, 04:29 PM)Riotgear Wrote: So should we see to it that the children of a lazy mother are fed, clothed, housed, educated and properly fed? How about if she refuses to work and continues to have children?

Two words: forced sterilization.
Two more - Slippery slope.
I'm not sure what the answer is for the kids; I do feel badly for them. If their parents can't properly care for them, maybe they should get removed from the home? Orphanages have a bad reputation (perhaps rightly so) but maybe they aren't such a bad concept. Take kids out of bad home environments and provide them with shelter, food, education, structure etc. At least you'd know your tax dollars weren't going towards the mom buying more crack and raising a kid who is likely to follow in her footsteps in some form or another.

This country didn't used to have the wealth of social programs that we have now. People had to take whatever work was available to them to survive. I think we've made the welfare system such that it's more attractive for some people to milk it than work. I think it needs major reform. I somewhat joke about the forced sterilization but I honestly don't think it's wrong to require that welfare recipients not continue to reproduce when they can't afford the ones they have.
(06-26-2012, 04:25 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I like helping people who are genuinely in need. I don't want to help people who do nothing to help themselves. I can't stand a lazy person but I'm willing to give anyone a hand who is down on their luck or unfortunate in some other way. Some people are fucked up users & I want to beat them with a stick.

Agreed. My oldest son was buying lunch everyday for his friend that came to school with no lunch and no money. I was surprised when I kept getting emails that he needed more money in his account. I signed onto look and saw two lunches everyday. I asked him WTF are you doing eating two lunches everyday???? Then he told me. I thought it was nice of him to do that for his friend.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I appreciate what you're saying. I think if more people focused on solutions rather than re-identifying known problems because they feel frustrated, we might move alondg at a better clip. Not talking about you. People in general who like to complain.

The imaginary situation I suggested is all to real. As we all know. IMO figuring out a way to focus on the next generation (no matter how bad the last offends) is the only way to break the cycle. How? No clue. But I do know that's where energy ought to be focused. Calling a crack whore "crack whore" simply states the obvious. Then what?

Many of us learned how to be productive by the example that our parents set, the kids you're referring to don't have that luxury. I don't know what the answer is because for me it came from inside my home.
Here another rhetorical in a similar vein - My wife volunteers at my son's elementary school 5 days a week during the school year. Part of her day is spent working with what they call around here - ELA's (english language learners. These are children who speak spanish at home and are seriously behind english speakers of the same age. For example - She has a group of four third graders who speak, read and write english at the first grade level. More often than not their parents live and work in the US illegally.

Should we allow those children to fall behind because their parents are illegals? Of course not. No sensible person would say so. The thing is Old Glory Red, White and Blue blustering "Fuck them and their kin" bullshit is unrealistic and fails to consider the bigger picture. In fact, I think I like the idea of having greater opportunity and access to educate because my tax dollars pay mom to stay home. Maybe that's where the potential for leverage lies.

Of course I'm not sensible so I'm just guessing here.
(06-26-2012, 05:16 PM)Riotgear Wrote: Here another rhetorical in a similar vein - My wife volunteers at my son's elementary school 5 days a week during the school year. Part of her day is spent working with what they call around here - ELA's (english language learners. These are children who speak spanish at home and are seriously behind english speakers of the same age. For example - She has a group of four third graders who speak, read and write english at the first grade level. More often than not their parents live and work in the US illegally.

Should we allow those children to fall behind because their parents are illegals? Of course not. No sensible person would say so. The thing is Old Glory Red, White and Blue blustering "Fuck them and their kin" bullshit is unrealistic and fails to consider the bigger picture. In fact, I think I like the idea of having greater opportunity and access to educate because my tax dollars pay mom to stay home. Maybe that's where the potential for leverage lies.

Of course I'm not sensible so I'm just guessing here.

At the risk of completely blowing my crazy liberal image with Dick, I'd like to point out the other side of that discussion. Should the kids be penalized because their parents came here illegally? No, not necessarily. But to the extent we provide education (and even special education) to children of illegal immigrants, to what degree are we actually encouraging them to attempt to come here illegally? I see that as something of a magnet. The other issue is, how much money and resources are spent to try to bring children of illegal immigrants up to speed in education? I live in California and I know, as do you, how strapped the school system is. I'm sure the data is out there but I imagine we spend a staggering amount of money on children who are here illegally.

I support an easier path to citizenship and I've said before, our economy would tank (quite honestly) without some of the labor that is provided by illegal immigrants but...I think there are way too many in the country.

I've also mentioned before that it's the illegals you see out on the street looking for work and the whities holding signs asking for cash. I'd like to deport some of the whities and keep some of the hardworking immigrants. Smiley_emoticons_slash
So how about we move the hypothetical to Detroit?
We have the best government money can buy. Every new program makes dozens of new millionaires getting it through Congress and hundreds more when it gets enacted. Of course it costs the taxpayer everything including his freedom but this is a small price to pay to see more people beholden to the status quo that puts them in office.

Soon enough everyone will work for government and we'll have a workers' paradise where no one does anything at all and no one will really care. Utopia simply consists of holding no one but animals to any standards while marching lockstep to our next handout.
[Image: egypt_5.gif]
My girlfriend is an aid for a child of mexican immigrants. There is something wrong with the child, but her parents have never bothered to have her diagnosed. The mother is 30, has 5 children from 16 to a year and a 2 year old grandson. They all live in government housing, receive welfare and certain benefits bc of the child that is "special needs". Three years ago, one of her other children came to my friend and said "welfare told my mother she has to get a job, or they'll cut her benefits! Can you believe that?! We didn't come to this country so my mother could work!" Six months later, the mother was pregnant. The parents refuse to attend IEP meetings or progress meetings concerning their special needs child, unless they are threatened with benefit cuts. They sit there with their arms crossed and scowling and when asked if they have questions or concerns, they bring up that their childs shoes get wet coming off the bus and can someone at school drive their child to their front door. Yet the state continues to funnel money to people like this, who have no interest in the education of any of their children, and are only concerned with how much money they get for each child. Since one of their children is special needs, they receive more in the way of benefits than someone without a special needs child. They survive on government handouts and drive an escalade. They don't care that their 10 year old can't speak (but swears like a champ in spanish) and can't recognize shapes, colors, number or their name,
but worry that their childs kmart shoes get wet coming off the bus. My friend is quitting her job, as she is so frustrated by the complete waste of resources by people who don't give a fuck about their child, and use the school for free babysitting.

My point is, receiving government benefits, while a "right" I suppose, shouldn't be exploited. Make those that receive be held accountable for it. Yes, we'll help you, but youre going to get involved in your childs education. You're going to see to it that they get a proper diagnosis, do their homework and behave properly. Or we'll cut your shit and you can take your fat lazy ass to 7-11 and work the nightshift. How to go about this, I don't know, but millions of people do this every fucking day. Its despicable.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.