Lineup
This picture bothered me:

[Image: 120707072758-yemen-on-high-alert-story-top.jpg]

They are the troops protecting Mo's family in Yemen (bad stuff going down over there, they let al Qaeda get a foothold, paying for it now).

Iraqi troops:

[Image: 1367294811.JPG]

Afghan National Army:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-3uUsT1XeGQc__Axajm-...sXaDm8MZin]

Fuckers can't line up.

The women can:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsOvUzOFjoA2mWQynaWMT...l0qVtqftZg]

Just not the men:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuxhXScjQQqwoARMk1_Wl...hoF4fVCcCw]

We can make them line up if we are standing right there:

[Image: 768971192_47cce95911_m.jpg]

But they still don't pay attention.

We don't have that problem:

[Image: 5246657304_802c21bebc_z.jpg]

We don't even need the line to line up.

They aren't going to have a successful military if they can't even stand in a line. We shouldn't trust people who can't. Something wrong with that.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
I remember reading a story during the active part of the Afghan war that our so-called Afghani army allies were basically tribesmen and shepherds, and that our troops would train them during the day and then they'd all disappear at night and wander off back to their homes. You just can't instill that kind of discipline in people when there's no foundation for it.
The first picture is their Republican Guard, their trained army.

I don't think they understand the importance of basics: literacy, lining up, freedom. It all goes together.

A good half of our troops are farm boys. It's a national identity thing rather than a sheep fucker thing.

Still an active war in Afg, btw. We are still at war. We are building up the Pacific now, semi-quietly. I hope we don't wake the Sleeping Giant.

Loves this:
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
I have a cousin in Afghanistan. It's his third freaking tour.

I don't get that? You get addicted or something?
My brother's done three. He's good at what he does and has fun doing it. That's about all there is to it with him. He get's a lot of positive feedback from friends and family so that probably doesn't hurt.

Our mother, on the other hand, does not approve. Something about not wanting him to get KIA'd or horribly maimed for no good reason.
(07-08-2012, 02:02 PM)Riotgear Wrote: for no good reason.

Don't say that. Some of us take that hard.

There is a reason.

I hope.
Oh there's a reason all right, but it ain't good.
People have their own reasons for answering when their country calls.

Some people are still like that.

Not all of them are in it for the GI Bill.
Oh. I thought you meant from the top down perspective.

Edit: There's nothing wrong with being in it for the GI bill BTW.
Not criticizing.

You can't bake cookies to send them anymore. Tell your wife. She will need to know that.
My little brother is like me but with a much higher opinion of himself and much less concern for his fellow man. His ego makes me look like a monk and I'm pretty sure he's never been accused of altruism.

So what about being in it for the thrill? Is that cool?
Better than having the nutfuck running around with nobody watching him. So, yeah, it's probably a good thing.
Amen to that. Trust me, I know him.
A roadside bomb killed six NATO servicemen in Afghanistan Sunday, according to coalition statements, bringing up the number of troop deaths over the weekend to eight, Reuters reports.

According to a senior US official, all 6 NATO forces killed in Eastern Afghanistan were American.
(07-08-2012, 11:57 PM)Cracker Wrote: A roadside bomb killed six NATO servicemen in Afghanistan Sunday, according to coalition statements, bringing up the number of troop deaths over the weekend to eight, Reuters reports.

According to a senior US official, all 6 NATO forces killed in Eastern Afghanistan were American.

That is so tragic. My mom always says to news like that, "and they were all someone's son...". I too hope the precious sacrifices are of value. I have to believe they were as an American.
Spay and neuter your dogs and cats. Ban gas chambers in your local shelters. User made the call. User made a difference! Love3
The validity of Afghanistan as an OP cannot be the issue. Whether corrupt or just as an action our servicemen and women honor our country the best way they can. They are to be revered because they are willing to give up the ultimate in sacrifice for our country. They do not question the action, they act.

It's a beautiful thing.
What was 'Nam like Ma?
I'm pretty sure the line is only like that because the guy in back over loaded his suicide vest.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

If I was back in the service I would be pissed if they put me in some NATO unit. Fuck NATO, they have no home.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
They were all Army. They just call them NATO troops to make the darkies STFU. They are still us. US.