Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-hydration recipe
While reading about hydration I came across the WHO's recommended recipe for re-hydration. Particularly for children suffering from dehydration brought on by diarrhea.

For those of you with small children or who need to re-hydrate after sickness or physical exertion, this is an inexpensive alternative to Gatorade or Pedialite (sp?) with no artificial coloring, additives etc. Or if it's in the middle of the night and you don't feel like driving to the store.

There are explanations of the chemistry (why/how it works) if you care to look.

6 level tsp. sugar
12 level tsp. salt
1 liter/39 ounces water
gawd i was dehydrated all the time working 12 hours a day in florida in a damn polyester uniform! i sweated like a pig and was constantly thirsty. i lived on iced coffee. my hair was always wet. it was decidedly unattractive! hah

(07-08-2012, 02:58 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: gawd i was dehydrated all the time working 12 hours a day in florida in a damn polyester uniform! i sweated like a pig and was constantly thirsty. i lived on iced coffee. my hair was always wet. it was decidedly unattractive! hah

I was really in the mood for an iced coffee earlier and drove to Starbucks to find thirty yuppies in line. I just walked in and walked back out, fucking bummer.

That's my kinda recipe, no real prep, only three ingredients. I'm more inclined to buy something with electrolytes if I thought I was in danger of becoming dehydrated.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Any way of substituting Gin for water and Splenda for sugar?
The kids prefer Vodka.
I keep a batch of the gatoraid envelopes in all my backpacks and vehicles. Its not pretty watching some lose their mind due to dehydration and severe electrolite depletion. I have used that recipe, it works, tasts like shit though