Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
SO TIGHT YOU SQUEAK?

Are you a tightwad with your money?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
No.
I respect people who budget and are careful, but I as long as my obligations are taken care of I enjoy spending like a drunkin sailor.
I pay my bills the rest is mine.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

What's "money"?
When I had money I spent it like there was no tomorrow. Now I don't. I'm very frugal.

For example - I used to rent cars from Enterprise so I could drive a new car every month or so. I did that for a couple years. Pretty fucking great but pretty stupid. Maybe shoulda put that money somewhere.
(07-10-2012, 12:16 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: No.
I respect people who budget and are careful, but I as long as my obligations are taken care of I enjoy spending like a drunkin sailor.

I spent like drunken sailor and then tried to take care of my obligations. Thats why I have tens of thousands in debt.... credit card, backrent, overdrawn bank account, unpaid electric and cable but mostly in defaulted student loans.
(07-10-2012, 12:13 PM)Duchess Wrote: Are you a tightwad with your money?

No, I hate people who are like that with money. They are not pleasant to be around. I had an ex-boyfriend like that. I was young and I didn't know how to handle it. Also, he was always trying to get me to pay! I used to say to him 'you are always trying to get into my purse, if it was my pants it wouldn't be so bad'.
My knees squeak sometimes when I walk.

I take care of my obligations - current and future, enjoy the good things money can buy, and donate some with my money. Never carry a debt I can't pay and always pay my bills on time.
(07-10-2012, 08:59 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: I spent like drunken sailor and then tried to take care of my obligations. Thats why I have tens of thousands in debt.... credit card, backrent, overdrawn bank account, unpaid electric and cable but mostly in defaulted student loans.

Yeah, it's no surprise that you are unemployed and living at home. You're living a pattern of bad choices.
A person can live pretty well without spending much money. Of course, it's taken me decades to get to the point that I have most everything. It's just the way I was brought up mostly. It was a large family on a meager income so I got used to earning my own money and trying to make it last.
[Image: egypt_5.gif]
We spend within our means while still saving for retirement and the kids' college funds.
Commando Cunt Queen