Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
YOUR BEST DISH?

This is kinda soup chickeny but what da fuck...

Is there something that you prepare that you would consider your best dish?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I can only prepare (and I use that term lightly) spaghetti and french toast, and even then the spaghetti is lacking flavor.
Now, unlike some who wear it as a badge of honor they don't cook, I do think if as a deficiency and like not learning a foreign language, am not proud of my inability to do so.
Squash casserole is my best dish. Lots oscar squash, onions and cheese. Yum
I also make a great low carb sugar free cherry cheese cake.
I know my way around a kitchen based on my mother's desire to see me not starve to death. It was her opinion I was too fucking obnoxious to ever get a woman to cook for me. Theoretically she's been right so far...
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(07-10-2012, 12:34 PM)krystalshores Wrote: Squash casserole is my best dish. Lots oscar squash, onions and cheese. Yum

I tried that once, but dipping a Graham cracker into a concoction of cherry yogurt and cottage cheese didn't cut it.
:(

I've never heard of oscar squash. Someone has been giving me yellow squash & zucchini. I'm getting kinda sick of it steamed.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Scrambled eggs. I have a special pan, a secret technique and literally thousands of attempts under my belt.

Simple. Delicious.
I used to do a baked chicken dish that utilized spices and other ingredients to mimic fried chicken. It was really good. I also tend to cook a lot of simpler dishes for me and the boy as our needs are not complicated. I do some pretty amazing mexican food. The key is in using ingredients one might not ordinarily see there. Usually it's for the purpose of getting more veggies into it...
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(07-10-2012, 12:36 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote:
(07-10-2012, 12:34 PM)krystalshores Wrote: Squash casserole is my best dish. Lots oscar squash, onions and cheese. Yum

I tried that once, but dipping a Graham cracker into a concoction of cherry yogurt and cottage cheese didn't cut it.

Ewe. No yogurt or cottage cheese. It's really easy. I bet Duchess could even make it.

2 packs of cream cheese I cup of Splenda and two eggs. Beat it until smooth then add 1 tbsp of vanilla. Mix again. Then add to a baking dish, I use glass. Cook at 350 for an hour. Let it cool and use a sugar free pie topping.
(07-10-2012, 12:36 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I've never heard of oscar squash. Someone has been giving me yellow squash & zucchini. I'm getting kinda sick of it steamed.

hah

That was supposed to be YELLOW squash. I don't know how I fucked that one up. Damn auto correct.
(07-10-2012, 01:37 PM)krystalshores Wrote:
(07-10-2012, 12:36 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote:

Ewe. No yogurt or cottage cheese. It's really easy. I bet Duchess could even make it.

2 packs of cream cheese I cup of Splenda and two eggs. Beat it until smooth then add 1 tbsp of vanilla. Mix again. Then add to a baking dish, I use glass. Cook at 350 for an hour. Let it cool and use a sugar free pie topping.
What is your crust of choice?
(I can't believe I'm asking that...)
My ex used to do a thing with baked pumpkin squash that was really good but I didn't like it enough to keep doing it.
Hmmm, hard to say. I make a lot of stuff and all are good, hard to say which is the best.
The Beggars Chicken is pretty hard to beat, its a spicy asian kind of thing, whole roaster cookes in a clay pot called a Romertopf.
(07-10-2012, 02:21 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: What is your crust of choice?
(I can't believe I'm asking that...)

Reminds me of a couple of girls I used to know...
Your girlfriends also like to inquire in pie crust preferences?

That's random.
Sour cream chicken enchiladas would be my signature dish.
Chilli cheese steak sandwiches. I coat round steaks in a chili powder, spice and flour mixture and then beat the shit out of them with a mallet, brown them in oil, add chopped onions to the pan drippings and make a roux with the remaining flour mixture. Add a half of a large can of chopped tomatoes to the onions and spread on the bottom of baking pan, top with the steaks and remaining tomatoes. Bake at 350 for 2-3 hours or untill fork tender. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and bake untill melted. Serve the steaks and sauce on crusty french bread or with rice.

Quite the pain in the ass, but I'm requested to make it often.
That sounds delicious but jeezus how big are those steaks? 2-3 hours? God, I might consider spending a little for a more tender cut of meat and cut your prep/cooking time down.

Or even better, have you messed with crockpot cooking at all? Sounds like you could accomplish the same marinade/tenderizing effect with less heat and monitoring, then transfer to a broiler for a few minutes to get the last cheese stage done.
It's the same concept as a beef stew or traditional chili with chunks of meat instead of ground. You wouldn't use an expensive grilling steak like a NY Strip or Porterhouse because it has to cook slowly to allow all the ingredients to break down. It's not the oven time thats a pita, it's the prep. I'm sure it would work good in a crockpot too, but again you have to prep it first. If you don't brown the steaks first then you lose all the juices and browned bits that give great flavor to the roux. And when you brown the steaks oil splatters everywhere messing up your beautiful clean stove.

I think this post could win Soup Chicken Of The year Award.
To crusty ex-girlfriends! SALUDE!!