Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FUCK BALLOON BOY
I don't care about this story..not a wit...Why is it filling the front page of almost every friggin' publication ?...And why is so much of the country enthralled by it ?...Stupid news for stupid people.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I guess because the media got so duped ...
86 112
So it was a hoax ?...hahaha
Middle Finger Wrote:I guess because the media got so duped ...
Not just the media.

What Duchess said... stupid news for stupid people.
i'm not stupid, but the story does interest me because of the worldwide attention one little kid received when it was thought he was in that balloon. it was bizarre, and due to instant cable news, the world could watch the drama unfold in real time. millions caredwhether he would survive.

now, in view of the possibility that it was a hoax, people feel that their emotions were manipulated. not to mention the resources expended to recover the craft and the kid.

a warrant was served on the home this morning, and charges are probably forthcoming. it's possible that family could lose their kids to child protective services.

so it does interest me because of the sheer scale of the hoax.

(on the off chance it was not a hoax, the charges may just be related to FAA regs. i say that because the couple was not arrested last night after interview with sheriff.)

Would so many people have cared if the news media hadn't shoved it down our throats?

I think not.
Another thing that annoys me about all this was the public hand wringing and cries of despair (aka melodrama) by so many online when there are a LOT of tragedies going on in the world that they'd rather ignore.
i think people do relate to a story with ONE endangered little kid, the other horrors in the world are on too large a scale for somepeople to absorb. remember the little girl years ago stuck down a well? the country watched that as well.nobody wants to see a kid's dead body pulled from the wreckage as it were, but they watch in horrified fascination... as for the media, yes...if it bleeds, it leads.

I used to be a news junkie, I needed to know what was going on in the world every moment I was awake...But, slowly entertainment gossip began to make its way in & before long actual gossip did as well...fuck that...That was about the time I pretty much quit watching tv altogether.

Sheriff just said it WAS a hoax. i'm waiting to hear what charges will be.

I personally think we should pray for balloon boy whether you are religious or not.

PRAY FOR BALLOON BOY!, NOW!

::nuts::
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
This fucking story just keeps getting more and more annoying... the balloon was:

Quote:made with plastic tarps taped together and covered with aluminum foil, with a utility box made of a very thin piece of plywood, cardboard on the side, held together with string and duct tape
There's no way that would've held that kid. If you're going to make a hoax, at least try not to get caught. That just blows the whole story, anyone with a lick of common sense would've known the kid wasn't on the balloon, so that proves dad's a big fat liar.

But I'll still keep praying. 30

Fucking idiots.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Duchess Wrote:Stupid news for stupid people.
You answered your own question.
jackboots Wrote:Sheriff just said it WAS a hoax. i'm waiting to hear what charges will be.

Wow... is the media just now catching up with that??

I read on Friday that the balloon landed, no kid was in it and he was actually hiding in the (garage? attic? - somewhere in the house).
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:I personally think we should pray for balloon boy whether you are religious or not.

PRAY FOR BALLOON BOY!, NOW!

::nuts::
Hell with the boy.
Pray for the balloon.
LuMPyPussy Wrote:This fucking story just keeps getting more and more annoying... the balloon was:

Quote:made with plastic tarps taped together and covered with aluminum foil, with a utility box made of a very thin piece of plywood, cardboard on the side, held together with string and duct tape
There's no way that would've held that kid. If you're going to make a hoax, at least try not to get caught. That just blows the whole story, anyone with a lick of common sense would've known the kid wasn't on the balloon, so that proves dad's a big fat liar.

But I'll still keep praying. 30

Not to mention that the balloon would have had to have been filled with a very high concentration of Helium to lift his weight off the ground, meaningMoron Jr would have had to have discovered how to survive whilst breathing an inert gas...

Fucktards... Balloon Boy, the parents, the media... the whole motherfucking lot of them

“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
I loathe what they put their children through !...No wonder that darling child barfed on national television...I'm sick to fuckin' death of reading how awful some people parent. :Diablo:
I think its fucking hilarious that the kid gave them away when he told Wolf Blitzer "It was for the show".

That'll teach ya for using your kid as a pawn in a publicity stunt! ::lmao::

Word is that the charges could bring jail time if convicted (like IF is even necessary here).

This shit is proof that fucking "reality TV" is just a bunch of stupid shit for stupid people.
[Image: alcatraz-prison-picture2-1.jpg]
[Image: what_manner.gif]
Duchess Wrote:I loathe what they put their children through !...No wonder that darling child barfed on national television...I'm sick to fuckin' death of reading how awful some people parent. :Diablo:
The 'balloon' kid puked on TV??

I don't have access to TV, I just watch stuff online.