Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Rush Limbaugh gets it REALLY wrong again
http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/rush-lim...-bain-ban/

The Clear Channel radio personality said in today’s broadcast that the makers of Warner Bros‘ The Dark Knight Rises are surreptitiously trying to brainwash audiences by naming the film’s villain “Bane.” You know, like Mitt Romney’s former employer: Bain Capital. Rush Limbaugh says that moviegoers — especially “a lot of brain-dead people, entertainment, the pop culture crowd” – are “gonna hear Bane in the movie and they’re gonna associate Bain. The thought is that when they start paying attention to the campaign later in the year, and Obama and the Democrats keep talking about Bain, Romney and Bain, that these people will think back to the Batman movie… There are some people who think it’ll work. Others think you’re really underestimating the American people to think that will work.” Limbaugh adds: “You may think it’s ridiculous, I’m just telling you this is the kind of stuff the Obama team is lining up. The kind of people who would draw this comparison are the kind of people that they are campaigning to. These are the kind of people that they are attempting to appeal to.”

Batman comics introduced Bane in 1993. Actor Robert Swenson played the villain in the 1997 film Batman & Robin that starred George Clooney.

Jesus Christ, he's such a fuckin' tool.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
1993 was the last time Limbaugh was sober and relevant. He's saying a comic book character will make people think Romney's a tool even moreso than Romney actually being a tool?

I don't know, I just think Rush is a tool.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
^that. I'm amazed at the freakish connections he manages to make.