Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today: National Vanilla Ice Cream day.
How totally boring is this?
Why vanilla? Why not chocolate, or maple walnut or something? Anyway, here are some equally boring ice cream fun facts:

•Approximately 1.53 billion gallons of ice cream and related frozen desserts were produced in the U.S. in 2011.
•The U.S. ice cream industry generated total revenues of $10 billion in 2010, with take-home ice cream sales representing the largest section of the market, generating revenues of $6.8 billion or 67.7 percent of the market’s overall value.
•The central region of the U.S. led production of ice cream and related frozen products, producing 726 million gallons in 2011.
•Frozen dairy production follows a clear seasonal pattern. Summer is the unchallenged season for eating ice cream and other related products. Production kicks up in March and April to fill retail and foodservice pipelines in the late spring and early summer. June is the highest production month of the year, but production remains strong through August to satisfy summer demand.

[Image: Backgrounds_19035.jpg]
The largest ice cream cake in the world weighed 12,096 pounds. It was made by Carvel Ice Cream Company to celebrate their 70th Birthday on May 25, 2004.

The largest ice cream scoop pyramid was made of 3,894 scoops and weighed 1,005 pounds. Carvel Ice Cream Company made it live on the CBS Early Show on August 20, 2002. It took 58 minutes to complete.

The largest ice cream sandwich weighed 2,460 pounds. It was made by Hy-Vee, Inc. teaming up with Wells' Blue Bunny, Metz Baking Company, and Giese Sheet Metal. It was made on Feb 27, 1998.

The largest ice cream sundae weighed 54,914 pounds. It was made by Palm Daries Ltd. in Alberta, Canada in 1988.
I like vanilla. Any day to celebrate ice cream is a good day in my book!
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Cool, I have a big tub of Breyers Carb Smart Vanilla in the freezer.

Im gonna melt some peanut butter on it instead of hot fudge.
Well that sounds yummy Ma. Make me some and you might get another boob shot.
hah two scoops?
(07-23-2012, 02:56 PM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote: hah two scoops?

hah

I expect the Crack Posse to be all over these comments. hah
Like white on rice, is my guess. Bass Ass Grin
A ton of ice cream sandwich; pretty cool.

Haven't had an ice cream sandwich in a very long time, but love 'em.
An ice cream sammy sounds really good right now.

Or a root beer float.
I love vanilla bean ice cream with fresh mint leaves and shavings of dark chocolate.

I also love adding berries to vanilla bean ice cream.

I used to love vanilla ice cream in a cup of orange juice. mmm
(07-23-2012, 03:09 PM)ramseycat Wrote:

hah

I expect the Crack Posse to be all over these comments. hah

You expect too much...Yawn
(07-23-2012, 02:34 PM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote: Cool, I have a big tub of Breyers Carb Smart Vanilla in the freezer.

Im gonna melt some peanut butter on it instead of hot fudge.

(07-23-2012, 02:45 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Well that sounds yummy Ma. Make me some and you might get another boob shot.

I will pretend not to be jealous. (I'm totally jealous)
You can have two scoops too Love Child.

Good to see you today, btw.
I like the sauce. : )
There's a little on your chin.