Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Man keeps wife in chains for 10 years
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/0...r-10-years

[Image: 120711-peter-lizon-vsmall-7a.380;380;7;70.jpg]

A West Virginia man was arrested Thursday for allegedly making his wife his slave, abusing her and holding her hostage for almost a decade.

Authorities in Jackson County, W.Va., charged Peter Lizon of Leroy, W.Va., with malicious wounding after a woman staying at a domestic-violence shelter filed a criminal complaint, alleging a woman she met was brutally beaten by her husband.

In an interview with investigators, the woman said she met Lizon’s wife, Stephanie, 43, while staying at the Family Crisis Intervention Center in Parkersburg, W.Va., and described her as “gaunt and filthy.”

According to the criminal complaint, Stephanie told the woman that she recently escaped from her husband, who had kept her chained up with metal padlocks for about 10 years, which tore into the skin on her hands and ankles, leaving noticeable scar tissue. Her feet were also “mutilated and swollen” after her husband allegedly smashed her foot with a scoop attachment from a farm tractor.

“This is a case that is tenfold of what our average domestic is and maybe more than that,” Jackson County Sheriff’s Chief Deputy Tony Boggs told NBC affiliate WSAZ. “It comes down to what appears to be slavery and torture.”

Lizon reportedly called his wife his "slave," and whenever he entered the room, he made her kneel down before him.

The woman also alleged that Stephanie said her husband caused her to have a miscarriage after her husband hit her in the stomach. She said she buried the corpse of a fully developed infant on their farm. She also said she gave birth to another baby while bound by chains, but neither she nor her now-one-year-old child had received any medical attention.

During the investigation, police obtained 45 photos of Stephanie from the shelter, showing injuries ranging from severe burns to her breasts and back to broken fingers and bruises all over her body.

“It’s amazing what one human being can do to another,” Boggs said, “and that should not ever happen or be allowed to happen. And hopefully this will stop and curtail that, at least in this instance.”

Lizon’s attorney, Shawn Bayliss, told WSAZ the allegations against Lizon are false, saying the woman who told police everything has a “feeble mind.”

Lizon is being held in the South Central Regional Jail in lieu of $300,000 bail.

Chief Boggs told msnbc.com malicious wounding is likely to net Lizon between two to 10 years in prison.

According to the criminal complaint, Stephanie escaped from Lizon on June 18 while he was returning farm equipment to a rental store in Parkersburg. He left her and their child in the family's vehicle. While Lizon was inside, she walked away, leaving her child in the car, and hid in a Zumba dance facility. People there gave her money for a taxi ride to the shelter where checked in under the name "Serena Sokol." Staff at the shelter later determined her true identity. She was treated for her injuries in an emergency room on June 20.

Chief Boggs told msnbc.com he would not discuss the current whereabouts of Lizon’s one-year-old child, but said child protective services have been made aware of the situation.

A spokesperson for the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Services told msnbc.com that state law forbids child protective services from disclosing the details of specific cases.

I know ones looks can't determine anything but he looks like if he's given half a chance he is going to go off in a major way.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I am surprised she didn't take the child with her.

His attorney said she has a feeble mind????? Really???? Is that why she has all those injuries? I would squeeze and twist his balls until he died.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
i saw that july 11, she has since denied the abuse.

Stockholm Syndrome or what?
RIPLEY - Despite testimony that injuries sustained by Stephanie Lizon were accidents, her husband has been bound over to Jackson County Circuit Court after a magistrate found probable cause Friday during a hearing in Jackson County Magistrate Court.

Peter Lizon, 37, was accused of torturing his wife Stephanie. On June 18, as they were returning rental property to a Parkersburg store, she left their truck and asked employees in another part of the store for help.

Later she made her way to the Family Crisis Intervention Center where she recounted a story of being burned with a hot skillet, her feet injured by having farm equipment dropped on them and being chained.

On the stand Friday in her husband's preliminary hearing on a felony charge of malicious wounding, she said the incidents with the skillet and the farm equipment were accidents and she was never chained. A bruise on her side was the result of being gored by one of the goats she was raising and abrasions on her knee were from tripping, she said.

Jackson County Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Katie Casto asked Lizon why she went to the center.

"We were having an argument in our truck and I wanted to get away," she said. "I did not want to argue in front of our baby."

During her testimony Lizon was shown photos taken of her at the center and was asked to tell what happened with each one. She said the burns on her back and chest were not intentional but stemmed from an argument over breakfast.

"It was over breakfast and sometimes our arguments get passionate; I was cooking without wearing my shirt which I feel is my right in my home," she said. "We collided with each other."

Lizon said the incident occurred about a week and a half earlier. Injuries to her foot were sustained in an accident with a frontloader on their tractor.

"He was trying to fix it and he asked me to check the linchpins," she said. "He didn't realize I was so close."

Casto introduced photos into evidence taken at the center over the objection of Peter Lizon's attorney, Shawn Bayliss. Magistrate Jackie Casto said she found the use of the photos to be appropriate.

Lizon said she did not get treatment for her feet until she had been to the center.

Georgianna Hollopeter, shelter manager and supervisor of the Family Crisis Intervention Center, did the intake interview of Lizon and took the photos on June 20. She said Lizon told a story much different from the one in her testimony. She said Lizon entered the shelter using an alias.

Bayliss objected to Hollopeter's testimony saying it was hearsay. Casto said she could introduce out of court statements in which the statement has not been offered to the truth of the matter. Magistrate Casto overruled the objection.

Hollopeter said Lizon told her why her husband hit her.

"She said she did not prepare the meal correctly and her husband, Peter, hit her with the hot pan she was cooking with," she said. "She said it was intentional."

In regard to the foot injuries and the bruise on her side, Hollopeter said Lizon said the injuries were the result of him dropping a hay-bailer on her feet and then continually stepping on her feet and kicking her.

"She said she believed it was intentional," she said. "She said she thought about things while at the shelter and she believed Peter wanted a divorce. She didn't know it he wanted the divorce to make her leave or to keep her from running away from him."

Later the center was able to get Lizon a bus ticket to go to her mother in Alexandria, Va., but she refused to get on the bus stating she wanted to get her child away from Peter Lizon.

Magistrate Casto said there was probable cause for the matter to be sent over to circuit court and the grand jury.

Bayliss made motions for a bond reduction and amendments to bond conditions. Casto said she was not made aware of the motions prior to the hearing when she could have ruled on them. After making the determination there was probable cause, she said the case was under the jurisdiction of the circuit court and he needed to make his motion there.

they're just a couple of hillbillies, normal way of life for them.

[Image: article-2172698-1409C1FA000005DC-362_636x397.jpg]

I have to disagree with you there LC. Hillbilly or not, she didn't deserve to be treated that way. I think she is lying on the stand because she is afraid. I can only imagine what her mental state is at this point.
that could be Ramsey.
or he's her meal ticket.

shit, no meal is worth that.
What a fucking mess. He'll kill her next time.
she probably married the bastard when she was 13. and knows nothing else in life.

He's probly her cousin or something. The fact that shed leave her child, after losing one and burying another, leads to the fact that she's either not mentally stable (due to abuse or something else) or shes so terrified all she could focus on was getting away.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
(07-24-2012, 01:08 PM)LuciferLynn Wrote: He's probly her cousin or something. The fact that shed leave her child, after losing one and burying another, leads to the fact that she's either not mentally stable (due to abuse or something else) or shes so terrified all she could focus on was getting away.

Right. And I thouht Vhole was a prick. This dude makes him look like a prince.