Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Phenomenal Standups
I'm a big fan of comedy. All comedy genres. Comedy is interesting to me because it's illogical. It can't be explained.

Anyhoo, here's an incredible standup that I watched twice today; back-to-back. I also love George Carlin, Bo Burnham, Mitch Hedberg, and now Reginald D Hunter.

Enjoy.

Bo Burnham's Comedy Central special was fabulous. Here's some of his younger youtube stuff... some of it is in the special, but his performance in the special is top notch; professional. Not casual, like in these videos. His wit and talent is... well, here, take my fucking money! Take it!

He is pretty funny. (Reginald/watching it now)
Kevin Hart... this performance has some EXCELLENT single lines that I found myself repeating over and over to friends. Not a fan of Kevin's movies... but his specials just make me tear up.

Aries Spears is another talented comedian. Here's a few clips.

Have you found any funny female comedians?
I haven't watched comedy in years, and used to have some favorites.
(07-25-2012, 04:02 AM)Love Child Wrote: Have you found any funny female comedians?
I haven't watched comedy in years, and used to have some favorites.

Bass Ass Grin

Although she is not a professional comedian, she (Jenna Marbles) is quite a viral success with her rants.

Honestly, I can't think of any female comedians that I approve of off the top of my head.
Kristen Wiig pops to mind, that girl is funny as hell. So's Tina Fey.

I used to love Mitch Hedberg, didn't think anybody really knew him. He was buddies with a local comedian up here, Jamie Lissow, and they'd hear from him time to time on the radio show he does. Lissow's pretty damn funny too.

Tina Fey is excellent. I loved her impersonation of Sarah Palin. The blonde she worked with on SNL is pretty good too but I can't think of her name.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Tina Fey on 30Rock is about as funny as it gets, and what people don't always realize is that she writes a lot of that and did a lot of writing for SNL.
When Comedy Central was in its younger days, they did a lot more stand up. They used to have a show called Short Attention Span Theater which was just all short clips of stand up routines. What was cool was since this was pre You Tube and wide spread internet use, it gave a lot of good comics some good air time.
I really like Lewis Black.
Wanda Sykes is really funny, imo.

(07-25-2012, 07:04 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Tina Fey is excellent. I loved her impersonation of Sarah Palin. The blonde she worked with on SNL is pretty good too but I can't think of her name.

Amy Poehler.
Most NON PC thing I have watched in ages.

This is long and actually part 2 but totally worth the listen!

I love me some Jeff Jefferies!

Dave Chappelle was about as funny as it gets before he snapped and went all shaka zulu.
I enjoyed the Chapelle show skits... a lot. I still quote it to this day... but his standups... awful. Just bad, bad stuff.
Weird how that happens. Some people aren't cut out for both.
Take Seinfeld, for example.