Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ron Paul finally wins.
The Federal reserve will be audited. Smiley_emoticons_hurra3 Hopefully by an independant commitee.

stinky linky
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Awesome! Finally some news I can live with. It's all so freakin' depressing lately, I've stopped reading a lot of it.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-26-2012, 07:59 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Awesome! Finally some news I can live with. It's all so freakin' depressing lately, I've stopped reading a lot of it.

Tell me about it! I'm getting my concealed permit because I'm a bit worried about everyday seamingly innocent situations turning into a bloodbath. Like Bambi vs. Godzilla.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
DOA in the Senate, so it's all for nothing, really. Will never be voted on.
Good for Paul; he's been pushing the Fed Reserve audit for as long as I can remember - years and years. The man is persistent and was able to rally bi-partisan support when nobody else seems able to do so these days, imo.

Just read the link. This is a little discouraging:
While Wednesday's passage in the lower chamber is a victory for Paul and his supporters, the bill is considered dead on arrival in the Senate. Harry Reid, the Senate majority leader and a Nevada Democrat, has vowed not to put it to a vote.

Hope the bill does make it to Senate for vote.

Even if Reid kills it, for Paul himself, getting this through the House of Representatives is a victory that increases his credibility with the public and both parties, imo. Will be interesting so see what role he plays in the political landscape after the election. I'd like to see a qualified Libertarian and the party having more influence.