Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
VACATION CRUISE

Has anyone ever taken a cruise vacation? If so, I want to read about it.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
well we all know how this turned out~~~

[Image: titanic2.gif]

[Image: titposter.gif]

no, have never taken a cruise. didn't want to be stuck out there seasick and with people i couldn't stand. hahaha
so many cruises out of florida, but was never tempted.
i know people who love it and go 5 times a year!

[Image: yacht.gif]

I have done it twice and would again in a heartbeat. I was on Princess line both times, well worth the price. I liked second seating for dinner, its a slower pace and a bit later than first seating (obviously). Formal night is usually second night on the water and a lot of fun. Last time I met a girl on the boat from the same small town in East Texas where I grew up. Turned out she lived a couple blocks from where I did, she was 4 years younger than me so we were in completely different circles. 30 years later we meet on a cruise and get aquanted, her brothers went to school with my brother and cousins, my kids know hers and her sister in law works in the same insurance office as my ex. Had a lot of laughs about all that. Spent a few weeks playing after that but eventually the long distence thing got in the way, wonder what she is doing now?
But I digress..
The cruise is a Lot of fun, don't sign up for too many activities, you will end up running your ass off and wonder where the time went. Take Lots of pics, drink good wine, eat good food, get laid til your legs shake and have a good time, I did.
Love it!
We've gone on about eight of them- mostly to Mexico (leaving San Diego).

Transition cruises are excellent too (travel in one direction, fly home).

Depending on the line, they range from exciting adventures to mellow, just chill decompression vacations.
What I like is the vacation starts as soon as you board the ship. For us, that is a 50 minutes Coaster ride south to the harbor.

Hawaii's great, but you kind of lose the bookend days flying, thus cutting your vacation short.
The only cruise I've been on was the Tiger cruise from Hawaii to Sandiego, and that might have been one of the highlights of my vacation life to this point, but it doesn't really count as a cruise when you have fighter jets taking off from the upper deck and the entire place is filled with sailors and marines.

Come to think of it, maybe that's exactly the kind of cruise you ladies would want.
Been on a couple... can't really stand the mega-ships though. Way too big and too many people. The food and service suffers a bit because of it.

I like Seabourn for cruising these days. Very small ships and service and food you can't beat. It does come with a price tag however... but it's worth it to me.
I've been on eleven cruises and to every major island in the carribean.

What would you like to know?
I have heard the ones with professors on them are amazing if
traveling to an unfamiliar area. All the big universities have great
tours for alums and do the half and half ones also. Have you
ever thought of a sailing cruise? A friend just went through the
Baltic region on a sailboat with 120 people and found it fantastic.
(07-30-2012, 04:01 AM)Jibbles Wrote: I've been on eleven cruises and to every major island in the carribean.

What would you like to know?

Why is it we can put a man on the moon but can't put tinfoil in the microwave?
(07-30-2012, 11:32 AM)WolfHouse Wrote: I have heard the ones with professors on them are amazing if

I hear if you take the tour with a skipper, millionaire and his wife, a movie star, a redshirted halfwit, and a pretty girl they'll extend it to a 3 hour tour. Yes, a three hour tour.
(07-30-2012, 02:03 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(07-30-2012, 11:32 AM)WolfHouse Wrote: I have heard the ones with professors on them are amazing if

I hear if you take the tour with a skipper, millionaire and his wife, a movie star, a redshirted halfwit, and a pretty girl they'll extend it to a 3 hour tour. Yes, a three hour tour.

Some things never change.

When I was 13 I preferred MaryAnn over Ginger.

To this day, I'd still take the perky little brunette in short-shorts over the starlet.