Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FOR THE LOVE OF PIZZA

What's on your favorite pizza?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Pepperoni. Pepperoni pizza made right is pretty hard to beat.
Pepperoni pizza is for a children's party.
That's ChuckECheese/Dominos/PizzaPort fare.

(Hate to take such a negative stance Gear, but I do feel strongly about my position. You might just as well order it with cheese filled crust along with with two litres of RC Cola and call it a day.)

Thin crust, fresh mushroom and sausage, that's pizza.
Well yeah sure, if you want to take it easy. I'll often enjoy a some thin crust pizza with the nice neighborhood ladies.

Sally has a pizza oven in her kitchen. I wonder if she uses it or orders out. Do good cooks even get takeout?
Damn. That's serious. Get ready Sal. We're on our way -
I love pie works pizza. Artichoke, cheese and spinach
Spay and neuter your dogs and cats. Ban gas chambers in your local shelters. User made the call. User made a difference! Love3
California Pizza Oven is for queers.
I will grudgingly admit that IF I were to have a thin crust, fresh mushroom and sausage pizza I'd probably get it from here.

http://www.mamanpapasrestaurant.com/

However OBK, I might be willing to enter into talks (cessation of hostilities) if the talks take place at a non pizza specific location, namely Tip Top Meats.
loaded with veggies and cheese and a little ground beef.
Keep talking crazy like that and someone is going to slap you upside with a thin crust sausage/mshroom type deal. Happened to me.
(08-11-2012, 04:51 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Sally has a pizza oven in her kitchen. I wonder if she uses it or orders out. Do good cooks even get takeout?

We use it during the winter a lot. Thin crisp dough, browned and bubbled around the edges, sweetly scented from the wood fire, light with toppings that maintain their freshness and baked for no longer than 3 minutes at 600-700 degrees. My favorite toppings are buffalo mozzerella, tomatoes, garlic, fresh basil and olive oil. 2nd is sliced tomatoes, fresh italian parsley, crumbled blue cheese and drizzled with olive oil. Eggplant and sausage is also a good combo.

It's takes about 4 hours to get the dough and oven ready so of course it's not practical when you're hungry and in a hurry. We order from Pete's in that case. I like it with just cheese and pepper flakes to everything but the kitchen sink depending on my mood.
(08-11-2012, 07:07 PM)sally Wrote: We use it during the winter a lot. Thin crisp dough, browned and bubbled around the edges, sweetly scented from the wood fire, light with toppings that maintain their freshness and baked for no longer than 3 minutes at 600-700 degrees. My favorite toppings are buffalo mozzerella, tomatoes, garlic, fresh basil and olive oil. 2nd is sliced tomatoes, fresh italian parsley, crumbled blue cheese and drizzled with olive oil. Eggplant and sausage is also a good combo.

It's takes about 4 hours to get the dough and oven ready so of course it's not practical when you're hungry and in a hurry. We order from Pete's in that case. I like it with just cheese and pepper flakes to everything but the kitchen sink depending on my mood.

So when are you having us all over exactly? I want to make sure my calendar is clear.
I'd be lying if I said I was ever too busy for homemade brickoven (Is it a brick oven?) pizza.
(08-11-2012, 04:27 PM)Duchess Wrote:

What's on your favorite pizza?

My wife's home made cheese Pizza, can't be beat! Many have tried, private, & commercial, none have succeeded.
She uses a pizza stone in the oven, and moves it with a wooden pizza paddle, it's the greatest! (In addition to cheese, on my request, & those of guests, she will add pepperoni, sausage, meatballs, peppers, onions, or whatever)

Oh yeah, she's Italian, so . . . . . . .
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I am admittedly a little funny about pizza. I would never order pizza if we were out somewhere. Pizza is for home delivery, only. Dominoes is my fav, followed closely by Poppa Johns. Pizza should be loaded with all kinds of meat and cheese including anchovies. I have had New York, Chicago and just about every variation that is possible on a pizza, some are great, some suck. I have had more chicago deep pan pizza that whatever new york has to offer. The deep pan stuff you can get in chicago rocks, its 2 inches deep, a large weighs about 15 lbs and will clog arteries 20 miles away. New York, what you got?
Acceptable ingredients include pineapple and ham and anchovies. No other fruits are acceptable at this point. Pretty much any meat or cheese is good to go. The list of veggies is short.
So, with all that said, anybodys Meatsa, Maximo throw down pizza is cool. But if I am out I concider Pizza to be italian and since I don't do pizza out, I will order something else.
I'll take a Large Deep dish whatever with a half a heard of anyting that bleeds with whatever cheese you have on hand.
(08-11-2012, 07:20 PM)Riotgear Wrote: I'd be lying if I said I was ever too busy for homemade brickoven (Is it a brick oven?) pizza.

No shit. When I lived in Baltimore, I'd love going to Brick Oven Pizza (BOP) for slices of awesomeness.
(08-11-2012, 07:20 PM)Riotgear Wrote: I'd be lying if I said I was ever too busy for homemade brickoven (Is it a brick oven?) pizza.

Yes, it's a brick oven. Best damn thing I ever bought for myself.

[Image: DSC00831.jpg]
Sausage, green olive and onion.

Love it!

I've never made a real pizza. I don't think those pizza kits me & my friends would get as teenagers count. I do have a pizza stone though. I don't know where it came from, I can't imagine someone gifted me with that.