Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TOO HONEST ?
Can one be too honest ?...I tell girlfriends I don't like their new hairstyle or that their outfit is a horror but, I won't tell one of them the reason I always decline her dinner invitation is because she is a friggin' slob & I'm uncomfortable in her home...Hahaha...Ima neat freak and can't stand to be around mess.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Duchess Wrote:Can one be too honest ?...I tell girlfriends I don't like their new hairstyle or that their outfit is a horror but, I won't tell one of them the reason I always decline her dinner invitation is because she is a friggin' slob & I'm uncomfortable in her home...Hahaha...Ima neat freak and can't stand to be around mess.
Don't ask me a question if you don't really want to know the honest answer.

Especially you ladies... if you ask me if a dress makes you look fat and it does, I'm gonna say yes. Oh sure, I'll be as tactful as possible, but you're still not gonna like the answer.

And I don't blame you Duch... I wont eat in someone's house if its a sty either. Though, I might end up telling them exactly why. For sure I would if they asked.
Why not meet at a restaurant? Tell her that way you two can visit and catch up and not have to worry about cooking and cleaning up.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Well, it depends. I mean, is it really necessary to tell Aunt Maggie that you are disgusted by the wart on her chin?

I don't think it's necessary to be brutally honest about trivial things that may hurt people, but things that are important... yes, it's necessary.

My mother's house has turned into a sty as well and I've told her several times, that I won't go there to eat and such unless she cleans up. She does clean up around holidays and stuff now, at least the kitchen/dining area. =p
I once told a total stranger to go fuck themselves twice.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
As long as the glasses and utensils are clean, I will eat at someone's dirty house.especially if their house is dirty but doesn't stink.I think people are such clean freaks sometimes. If there is shit floating in my water from their drinkingglasses however, i do not. I also watch to see if the cook washes their hands, if they don't, i don't eat anything i would consider porous, like bread.

As far as the original question, yes, i think you can be too honest.If someones delusion is good for them, i will foster their belief. I think it is pretty damned egotistical to think that people need to hear YOUR ugly opinion. Just because you don't think someone is attractive, smart or worthwhile doesn't mean it's your job to point it out. chances are they already KNOW whatever it is.Why curse them with the truth when their is no changing it.
I was standing next to a woman at a bus stop one time and i found myself saying to her " what on earth is that smell" ( it was a combination of strong stale curry and some thing that had crawled up someones arse and died ) without even thinking i said " fuck me it's you " ...the look on her face :Blush: boy did that bitch hum::bvomit::

...ok i feel a tad guilty saying it now but the old bat didn't half pong .::tdown::
I would stop eating chocolate.. but I'm not a quitter!

:B
What about women that MARINATE in perfume? This lady in my unit wears way to much perfume and it stinks. Gives me a freakin headache. This morning it was especially bad so I stood in the middle of the unit and said really loud "Gawd, who bathed in perfume????" Nex thing you know she went to the ladies room. Hopefully, to wash some of that crap off.
I'm only brutally honest if I'm asked. I'm not gonna just come off and say something. Well, except maybe with the perfume, and FM's nasty old bat...
It depends on who it is. I'm pretty honest with my family and friends, I'll tell them that their house is dirty or they stink in a heartbeat lol.

If it's just an acquaintance or stranger then I just keep it to myself. I do hate when people bathe in cologne or perfume though, what the fuck are they thinking. It shouldn't be so strong that I can taste the shit in my mouth and get a migraine when they walk by. That always pisses me off, especially in a restaurant.

If someone just comes out and asks me for their honest opinion then I give it to them .
Freak magnet Wrote:I was standing next to a woman at a bus stop one time and i found myself saying to her " what on earth is that smell" ( it was a combination of strong stale curry and some thing that had crawled up someones arse and died ) without even thinking i said " fuck me it's you " ...the look on her face :Blush: boy did that bitch hum::bvomit::

...ok i feel a tad guilty saying it now but the old bat didn't half pong .::tdown::
Well, kudos to you! I don't know how many times I've been around some reeking person in a store or what-have-you and wanted to tell them to take a bath.

You lost me on the brit slang though... 'hum'? 'pong'? lol
[user=116]SyberBitch[/user] wrote:
Quote:You lost me on the brit slang though... 'hum'? 'pong'? lol

Pong:
'A wind or fart that has a devastating consequence. It can only be used when a fart smells remarkably unpleasant, eg. in the case of an 'eye-burner'. It refers to a person and is an adjective.'

google.
[Image: borndragon.gif]
Everyones farts stink.

I think they have a better attitiude in the Arab world where belching and farting is considered to be a compliment to the host and the food they are providing.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:I think they have a better attitiude in the Arab world where belching and farting is considered to be a compliment to the host and the food they are providing.
No way !...I would just die, die, do you hear me, if I EVER farted in front of anyone...Oh, God, just to consider it is a horror to me...Go ahead& laugh but, truly, I would be mortified.
Duchess Wrote:
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:I think they have a better attitiude in the Arab world where belching and farting is considered to be a compliment to the host and the food they are providing.
No way !...I would just die, die, do you hear me, if I EVER farted in front of anyone...Oh, God, just to consider it is a horror to me...Go ahead& laugh but, truly, I would be mortified.
Seriously? I guess being the mother of two boys I think farting is funny. Not when they are stinky though. But a good loud fart is hysterical.
I think it's pretty funny as well.

I wouldn't let one rip in the office, but it's not a horrifying faux pas by any means.
Hey, I think it's funny too..when someone else does it...I just don't ever want it to be me.
No, not at work or in public.

Every morning when I wake the boys up, I go in their rooms and sit on their beds and rub their backs and say time to get up. They stretch and yawn and let a few rip. They sound like grown men. **sigh**
When a male friend is putting the moves on a female I like to walk up next to him, fart real loud give him shocked look and call him a pig.
Electric farts are best.

You know, one's with a little juice.

:cool:
Fug duh kund