Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Swine flu'
What the fuck is this bullshit. I ain't gonna die because of some fucking cough.

That's what the US Government is doing to the world, we're all becoming paranoid like you because if we don't ... something bad might happen.

Next, all the meatheads will want guns.

Full story here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/apr...flu-mexico
This is pretty much the main story on the news this morning.. how SHIT. I'd rather hear about a train crash to be honest.
It's the governments job to scare the crap outta you...It makes you easier to manipulate.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Too late, all the meatheads already have guns. :?
people are dying right?
it is a new resistant strain of a killer right?

I think we downplay these types of things. All movies aside (12 Monkeys, Outbreak, all the resident evil movies, etc etc etc and many others), I have seen many many stories about how easy it would be for a killer virus or bug to spread through a densely populated area. A real killer with no known cure that does not "burn itself out" like Ebola, would kill hundreds of thousands or more.

We should be very worried. A killer bug would wipe out more people then some far away war. We need to be very proactive in dealing with these bugs
Nothing to worry about, right?

Chicago Mayor, Richard Daley before his trip to Mexico City:

[Image: richarddaley.gif]

After his return trip home:

[Image: richarddaleyx.jpg]
I voted for that OBK because it made me laugh out loud.
Agreed.
NaNo Wrote:What the fuck is this bullshit. I ain't gonna die because of some fucking cough.

That's what the US Government is doing to the world, we're all becoming paranoid like you because if we don't ... something bad might happen.

Next, all the meatheads will want guns.

Full story here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/apr...flu-mexico
This is pretty much the main story on the news this morning.. how SHIT. I'd rather hear about a train crash to be honest.

This will be the same as bird fluor SARS or the millennium bugremember them?

Panic, panic, panic, then fade, fade, fade, gone.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
NaNo Wrote:That's what the US Government is doing to the world, we're all becoming paranoid like you because if we don't ... something bad might happen.
I agree that the goverment uses the fear factor for everything... war, terrorism, economic problems... they want you to be afraid, watch tv, consume, shut up, and brain wash you into thinking they are your savoirs. The media will fill the people with fear untill the swine flu has come and gone like all the other flus and viruses. If you are one of the unlucky ones to die from it, then I guess that was just your destiny. Just like the thousands of people who die from the regular flu every year.
Yeah, the government was trying to manipulate everyone in 1918 too.

Place blame on the media for the panic drum-beating. Ever since Brittany repaired her life (for whatever that's worth) the media has been praying for something else to sensationalize.

I do believe that if it doesn't happen this time it will in the near future and it's going to wipe us out. Not a fucking thing we can do about it either. JMHO
Fug duh kund
Luke Warmwater Wrote:Yeah, the government was trying to manipulate everyone in 1918 too.

Place blame on the media for the panic drum-beating. Ever since Brittany repaired her life (for whatever that's worth) the media has been praying for something else to sensationalize.

I do believe that if it doesn't happen this time it will in the near future and it's going to wipe us out. Not a fucking thing we can do about it either. JMHO
I know the spanish flu was real along with all kinds of other diseases, but there is always something every year that is going to wipe us all out. Then I have to listen to my crazy FIL ramble on about how the end is coming. Maybe one day it really will come, maybe this is the flu that's going to wipe out millions. They say it's attacking healthy adults who's immune systems overreact to it just like the spanish flu did.
everybody look killer bees
Quote:Maybe one day it really will come
But my mocking spirit is eternal, bitch.
If it's going to hit let it happen in Georgia or Tennessee, the results would be an eventual plus to the U.S. byway of an increased I.Q..
Fug duh kund
OnBendedKnee Wrote:Nothing to worry about, right?

Chicago Mayor, Richard Daley before his trip to Mexico City:

[Image: richarddaley.gif]

After his return trip home:

[Image: richarddaleyx.jpg]
So flying pig flu restores hair loss? ::thumbs::
Its in my city... I'm a wee bit scared
My ex is one of those type who follows all of this stuff very closely.

I agree with Luke to a certain extent. I figure it's only a matter of time until something really horrible sweeps through our population (again) and that there really isn't much we can do about it.

I HOPE (of course) that this one isn't 'the big one'. There is some discussion that all of the media attention is an attempt to validate all of those Tamiflu purchases our country invested in, since it turned out worthless against the whole Avian bit. It is supposedly far less severe in the US than in in Mexico (the theory being that Americans have partial immunity to the mixed strain, due to the flu vaccines). I don't know, I just know that I don't want my baby to get sick and potentially die. It's a mother's curse to worry constantly about their little ones.
I went looting yesterday, got arrested.
Things still seem pretty organised around here.
I like Ron Paul. Too bad everyone thinks he's a nut and he didn't get more votes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB5-Y08qbjo
NaNo Wrote:I went looting yesterday, got arrested.
Things still seem pretty organised around here.
I guess that means you didn't get to keep your haul?

Serves you right for stealing handbags from grannies.