Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tips & Tricks
Another thread where a type of seasoning was recommended for getting rid of fruit flies got me to thinking it might be wise if the brain trust of MOCK was put to good use and a thread started whereas we can share our secrets, so to speak, on wonderful shortcuts for life. Stuff that really works and makes living more enjoyable.

For example, If you are suffering with a stuffy nose, try boiling a bit of sage in water. It helps clear your nose and makes the house smell great too.

What is your helpful, MOCK suggestion?

I learned as a teenager that cayenne pepper poured into a radiator will plug a leak.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(08-28-2012, 12:19 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I learned as a teenager that cayenne pepper poured into a radiator will plug a leak.

Yet strangely, if sprayed into a subject's face will cause every orifice to leak.

Like ACV it has many uses. Smiley_emoticons_smile
There are two items every home should have. WD-40 and Duck tape. If it is sticky and needs to be loose, use the WD-40. If it is loose and needs to stick...you got it..Duck tape.
You know it's duct tape right?

How to boil eggs perfectly everytime -

Bring eggs from cold to a full boil with a spash of vinegar, boil one minute, remove from heat cover and let sit for ten minutes. Perfect hard-boiled eggs. THe nice thing is if you forget and they sit (covered/off heat) longer, they don't over cook.
Does anyone know where DW40 got its name?
(08-28-2012, 03:36 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: Does anyone know where DW40 got its name?

You told me once, but I forgot. My memory is usually pretty good so it probally wasn't very interesting. The sage tip was much appreciated, however.
Wait, isn't it WD40?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
^Thanks for asking the question I didn't dare to...
(08-28-2012, 04:06 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Wait, isn't it WD40?

Ya gots me!

WD-40 actually stands for "Water Displacement, 40th attempt" which chemist Norm Larsen wrote in his lab book in 1953. It took him 40 tries to develop a formula that would effectively prevent corrosion. Corrosion is prevented by displacing water.
I coulda done it in 26.
Clang coulda done it in one attempt: unless squatting in a puddle of water doesn't count.
(08-28-2012, 04:59 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: Clang coulda done it in one attempt: unless squatting in a puddle of water doesn't count.

I'd never squat in a puddle of water. Might ruin my new sneakers I paid for with government/taxpayer money.hahBlowing-kisses
(08-28-2012, 04:59 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: Clang coulda done it in one attempt: unless squatting in a puddle of water doesn't count.

Wasn't that WD 03?
(08-28-2012, 03:13 PM)Riotgear Wrote: You know it's duct tape right?

Yeah..that is what I said...DUCK tape.

[Image: tanashx.jpg]
Oh that stuff. That's how they sell tape to chicks and guys who wear pink.
For super duper clean feet scrub them with rubbing alcohol instead of soap.
Table salt will soak red wine out of carpet.
Works pretty well on blood too
(08-30-2012, 12:03 PM)sally Wrote: For super duper clean feet scrub them with rubbing alcohol instead of soap.

Alcohol is great for cleaning electronic stuff too because it evaporates so quickly.