Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Nothing beats greasy spoon food. Usually
In town for class reunion. Forget the country club dinner tonight..a bunch of us went to the Pok a Dot, a local greasy spoon for their famous Beef on Kimmelweck sandwich. You say beef on weck outsid of Western NY and most people do not know what you are talking about.

[Image: classof72003.jpg]
i still don't know what you're talking about! hah

but i want to hear all about your reunion! all the juicy details!
have fun!!

Drinking too muchLove025Multi talkDancingparty

LC, it is all about the roll:

Beef on weck sandwich

Kummelweck roll, sliced roast beef, horseradish, au jus

A beef on weck sandwich is a variety of steak sandwich found primarily in Western New York.[1][2][3] It is made with roast beef on a kummelweck roll. The meat on the sandwich is traditionally served rare, thin cut, with the top bun getting a dip au jus. Accompaniments include horseradish, a dill pickle spear, and french fries.

The kummelweck roll gives the sandwich its name and a distinctive taste. A kummelweck (sometimes pronounced "kimmelweck" or "kümmelweck") is topped with kosher salt and caraway fruits. Kümmel is the German word for caraway, and weck means "roll" in the south-western German dialects of the Baden and Swabia areas (northern Germans generally say Brötchen).[2] The sandwich has been introduced to new areas of the United States with population movement. In Austria a similar type of small white-bread is known as Kümmelweckerl (diminutive from Wecken, which refers to a whole big bread, i.e. Brotwecken).
it sounds delicious!

and thanks for the photo you emailed me of you getting nekkid at the reunion! that will go down in school history! but really QB, dancing nekkid on the buffet table!! Slut
Respect-applause

just kidding, she isn't dancing on the buffet table

Geesh..you were not suppost to tell. Hey..I just noticed my post is F'd up. The one I don't preview. Can you fix it? If you do, I will forgive you spilling the beans about the pictureBlowing-kisses
(09-01-2012, 03:24 PM)QueenBee Wrote: LC, it is all about the roll:

Beef on weck sandwich

Kummelweck roll, sliced roast beef, horseradish, au jus

A beef on weck sandwich is a variety of steak sandwich found primarily in Western New York.[1][2][3] It is made with roast beef on a kummelweck roll. The meat on the sandwich is traditionally served rare, thin cut, with the top bun getting a dip au jus. Accompaniments include horseradish, a dill pickle spear, and french fries.

The kummelweck roll gives the sandwich its name and a distinctive taste. A kummelweck (sometimes pronounced "kimmelweck" or "kümmelweck") is topped with kosher salt and caraway fruits. Kümmel is the German word for caraway, and weck means "roll" in the south-western German dialects of the Baden and Swabia areas (northern Germans generally say Brötchen).[2] The sandwich has been introduced to new areas of the United States with population movement. In Austria a similar type of small white-bread is known as Kümmelweckerl (diminutive from Wecken, which refers to a whole big bread, i.e. Brotwecken).

You had me at horseradish and roastbeef(YUM!). I'd probably get it without the au jus because its less messy that way. Maybe even add a slice of cheddar/muenster/pepper jack cheese.

It looks like a sandwich from Arbys.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(09-02-2012, 10:57 AM)Duchess Wrote:

No comparison. Arby's sandwiches WISH they were as good as this.
(09-02-2012, 10:57 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Is there anything worse in the whole world?
Arby's has taken a turn for the worse over the last few years.
We stopped by the one in San Marcos on the way to your Edwards theatre and couldn't believe how disappointing the 'thinly sliced roast beef' tasted.
The service was excellent though but now, looking back, I wonder if the service smile was actually the counterperson laughing at us and trying to hold it back.
(09-02-2012, 03:17 PM)Riotgear Wrote: Is there anything worse in the whole world?

Taco Bell
Ah, Duchess, you're killing me!
In a pinch, Taco Bell satisfies. A bean and cheese burrito with green sauce for less than a dollar?
Hard shell tacos that contain at least 40% real beef? Can't be beat.

Now, had you mentioned Del Taco I'd have to agree with you.
(09-02-2012, 03:43 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-02-2012, 03:17 PM)Riotgear Wrote: Is there anything worse in the whole world?

Taco Bell

Thought you loved horse.
(09-02-2012, 03:45 PM)Donovan Wrote: Thought you loved horse.

Stop here

Taco Bell

You obviously haven't tried their Doritos Locos taco then. Its like an orgasm in your mouth.
(09-02-2012, 03:45 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: Ah, Duchess, you're killing me!
In a pinch, Taco Bell satisfies. A bean and cheese burrito with green sauce for less than a dollar?
Hard shell tacos that contain at least 40% real beef? Can't be beat.

Now, had you mentioned Del Taco I'd have to agree with you.

Obviously you haven't tried the 32 oz cup of crinkle cut fries.
(09-02-2012, 04:20 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

Taco Bell

You obviously haven't tried their Doritos Locos taco then. Its like an orgasm in your mouth.

Some of us don't want an orgasm in our mouth.
^
Some of us do, thank you very much Mr. I-don't-want-a-bunch-of-sex-going-on-in-my-mouth-leading-up-to-an-organism" dude.
You da man, OBK.
(09-02-2012, 07:59 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: ^
Some of us do, thank you very much Mr. I-don't-want-a-bunch-of-sex-going-on-in-my-mouth-leading-up-to-an-organism" dude.