Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
SELF-SUFFICIENT

Do you consider yourself to be handy? Can you handle home repairs & change the oil in your vehicle?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I'm handy with a rolodex and a telephone.
I can fix somethings but no I am not handy.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(09-04-2012, 12:15 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Do you consider yourself to be handy? Can you handle home repairs & change the oil in your vehicle?

I can cook for myself, but when it comes to building/fixing stuff I'm absolutely clueless unless it can be glued together. Hell I can barely figure out how to hook up my electronic devices.
I can build and/or make almost anything I need:
Vehicles, computers, beer, wine, booz, bread, soap, knives, tool, bows, arrows, stained glass...
yea I guess I am pretty handy, its handy being handy
Thats awful dandy, can you make candy?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Is it manly making candy?
(09-04-2012, 01:48 PM)Maggot Wrote: Thats awful dandy, can you make candy?

the real Maggot! a handy man!------>

[Image: RedGreenHandy.jpg]

Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

I suck at plumbing and hate anything that requires welding, but anything else I manage well enough.
You ask like that shit is fun. This is my job we're talking about here.
'Gear, can you weld? If yes - facebook marry, plox?
I can weld. Not beautifully mind you, but I can with a fairly high level of confidence.

Facebook?
(09-04-2012, 04:36 PM)Riotgear Wrote: I can weld. Not beautifully mind you, but I can with a fairly high level of confidence.

Facebook?

pfft, screw beautiful, welding is to put metal pieces together that won't do me the favor and just melt into eachother on their own. If I want beauty, I use wood.

Yeah, facebook, you know, that thingy that today's youth uses to meet for gangbangs and circumvent annoying polygamy charges... or so I've heard.
I can fix most everything, round the house.
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

I've often thought that if I had a very expensive car I'd spend time laying underneath it with a flashlight admiring the welds.
I'm old school.

Duct tape works well enough in the home but in industry the standard is baling wire and a sledge hammer. The procedure is remarkably simple. If it moves and isn't supposed to you wrap it with baling wire and if it's supposed to move but won't you hit it with a sledge hammer. It's really quite fool proof since even if something breaks when you hit it with a sledge all you have to do is wrap it in baling wire.

Now days though in the home or in industry there's and even better answers to most repairs; silicone. This stuff is a caulk and you just squeeze it out to make things stop moving.
[Image: egypt_5.gif]
Gear Wrote:I've often thought that if I had a very expensive car I'd spend time laying underneath it with a flashlight admiring the welds.
You'd probably be disappointed. Some of that welding is utter crap, at least from what I saw in two Mercedes, one Porsche, and one Phaeton. I guess owners of those don't need tail pipes to last more than three years.
Oil-tankers, now..Blowing-kisses.
I can fix most stuff if it has the common curtesy to actually break.

The damn electronics now days just won't act right. Hitting them or silconing them won't help.

I blame Bill Gates and his refusal to care whether people can use his products or not. They hide operating instructions in language only computer geeks can speak and they think it's funny that nothing happens when you push a button. The world will be a better place when MicroSoft dies. Maybe cars won't take off through playgrounds any longer, either.
[Image: egypt_5.gif]
(09-04-2012, 06:26 PM)Ilyanna Wrote: You'd probably be disappointed. Some of that welding is utter crap, at least from what I saw in two Mercedes, one Porsche, and one Phaeton. I guess owners of those don't need tail pipes to last more than three years.
Oil-tankers, now..Blowing-kisses.

I've seen some exhaust welds on a Gallardo. Pretty fucking perfect. Those Italian robot welders make my heart go a pitter pat.
(09-04-2012, 06:28 PM)cladking Wrote: I can fix most stuff if it has the common curtesy to actually break.

The damn electronics now days just won't act right. Hitting them or silconing them won't help.

I blame Bill Gates and his refusal to care whether people can use his products or not. They hide operating instructions in language only computer geeks can speak and they think it's funny that nothing happens when you push a button. The world will be a better place when MicroSoft dies. Maybe cars won't take off through playgrounds any longer, either.

Seems like when my modern shit breaks it just stops one day. Almost like they furnished it with a kill switch or something hmmm.