Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sick Call---The Mock Infirmary
soon it will be flu season. do you get a flu shot each year?
we need a place where members can come and whine about their miserable symptoms, and get qualified Mock medical advice.

caveat: do not take Mock medical advice seriously, consult your physician/witch doctor

so nomatter if it's Ebola or leprosy or the common flu, tell us about it and we will give you sympathy, chicken soup, tea and toast. and even give you an enema whether you want one or not. 37

[Image: 1sm325hospital.gif]

[Image: Spiced-Chicken-Soup-Recipe-300x225.jpg]

[Image: tea+toast.jpg]

[Image: Aspirin_(2247084833).jpg]

[Image: k4754053.jpg]

[Image: 33ad6547.gif]

[Image: doctor-smiley-face.gif]

[Image: enema.jpg]

[Image: enema_time.jpg]

[Image: 7431791804_0c69766959.jpg]

[Image: illie-willie-get-well-soon-teddy-bear_2436_500.jpg]

I got my first flu shot last fall & I'll probably do so again this year if I make time to go and get it.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
i always get one, and a pneumonia shot. cardiologist insists. and i make my son get one since he ruptured his spleen in a terrible auto accident.

but the past few days i have had AWFUL pain in all my muscles, with no fever/temp. it hurts so much i can barely get up and down stairs to use kitchen. EVERYTHING hurts like a mutherfucker. Crying-into-tissue
i finally called doctor today, i have to be at death's door to call! i wanted to know if something was going around. they said no, but asked if i had been bitten by a tick. no.
they said come in monday if it's not gone.
so i'm living on advil.

whine whine whine

For gods sake don't google your symptoms! Three days is a long time to think about having the plague.
Timely. About a half hour ago I was googling "symptoms of a collapsed lung". I can't seem to take a full breath and my left side hurts.

As soon as I got to the part where it said some doctors will just observe for awhile I decided I was going to wait a few more days to make an appt.

Probably just sore from coughing.

Being sick pisses me off.
Commando Cunt Queen
i'm having an exorcism. 3917

[Image: exorcist-1.gif][Image: demon.gif]

for you sick people

one of the best teas
[Image: ms_gold_tea_160.jpg]

and some yummy biccy's

[Image: chocolate2009cookies+008.jpg]

I have never had a flue shot, but i did catch a gawd awful cold about 3 weeks ago, the sinus problems and stuffiness have finally gone, but the cough and sore throat still persists. What's worse is I can't even relaly take anything that would work actually work for either and gargling salt water and tea with honey hasn't helped any.

I hope this goes away soon, it's doing my head in.

any non medicinal remedies for coughs and sore throats that actually work?
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

User: "symptoms of a collapsed lung".

you're one of those people that suspect a massive coronary when you have heartburn huh? or Ebola when it's a common cold.

the lung could be full of secretions rather than collapsed.

sorry User, you're going to die. soon. 11 i'll miss you.

er...who wants to be neighborhood watch leader?

(09-07-2012, 02:44 PM)username Wrote: I can't seem to take a full breath and my left side hurts.

Pneumonia.
(09-07-2012, 02:50 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: User: "symptoms of a collapsed lung".

you're one of those people that suspect a massive coronary when you have heartburn huh? or Ebola when it's a common cold.

the lung could be full of secretions rather than collapsed.

sorry User, you're going to die. soon. 11 i'll miss you.

er...who wants to be neighborhood watch leader?

Bitch!!! hah

I'm not typically paranoid but moreso since my dad and brother died. I rarely go to the doctor though. I prefer to just think the worst. Smiley_emoticons_slash
Jez, i know you tried tea with honey,

i find tea with honey and lemon really helps a sore throat.
some recommend ginger with it also.
i need to look up some herbal remedies.

[Image: 1329740444_narod-sred.jpg]

I have a cold now. I find megadosing with vitamin C will shorten the duration, but it's probably all in my head.

Just like my cold.

And yes, I blame user because she was sick last week and obviously I caught it from her.

Yup. *nods* Sally caught it too.
(09-07-2012, 02:44 PM)username Wrote: Timely. About a half hour ago I was googling "symptoms of a collapsed lung". I can't seem to take a full breath and my left side hurts.

As soon as I got to the part where it said some doctors will just observe for awhile I decided I was going to wait a few more days to make an appt.

Probably just sore from coughing.

Being sick pisses me off.

I had a collapsed lung once, trust me you would know it if your lung was collapsed. You can feel the air bubbles escaping from your lung in your chest and the pain is excruciating. They observe it for a couple of days to see if it pumps back up on it's own, if not then they insert a chest tube to help it along.

It's probally just a symptom of whatever you caught. I have it too, I've been coughing like crazy and my nose is driving me nuts.
(09-07-2012, 03:05 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: Jez, i know you tried tea with honey,

i find tea with honey and lemon really helps a sore throat.
some recommend ginger with it also.
i need to look up some herbal remedies.

[Image: 1329740444_narod-sred.jpg]

Thanks, I will get some lemon and ginger and try that.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

(09-07-2012, 03:38 PM)sally Wrote: I had a collapsed lung once, trust me you would know it if your lung was collapsed. You can feel the air bubbles escaping from your lung in your chest and the pain is excruciating. They observe it for a couple of days to see if it pumps back up on it's own, if not then they insert a chest tube to help it along.

Thanks. I am now certain I don't have a collapsed lung.

I'm going to go have a cigarette to celebrate.
User...It sounds like you might have pleurisy. If you can only take a half a breath, and it feels like someone is stabbing you, that might be it. I've had it before and it sucks!!

http://www.webmd.com/lung/tc/pleurisy-overview
(09-07-2012, 03:50 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: User...It sounds like you might have pleurisy. If you can only take a half a breath, and it feels like someone is stabbing you, that might be it. I've had it before and it sucks!!

http://www.webmd.com/lung/tc/pleurisy-overview

Yeah, that describes it pretty well. I get about a half breath in and *bam* pain on the left side (although if I actually have it, I think it's a mild case). Good to know it doesn't always require treatment. I'm going to take some ibuprofen and give it a few days. Thanks. Smiley_emoticons_smile
So here's the deal - First sign of a cold drink 12oz water w/ 12 tsp. baking soda three times a day.

You will be amazed.

I drink this concoction everyday anyway and, among other things, I never get sick.
My ASBU is starting to flare up.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.