Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I could not believe the price . . . . .
. . . . . on this Silverado I saw yesterday!!!
I had no clue, I knew they were up there, but not that up there!

The sticker price was $45,045
Not to mention, it will cost a fortune to run with the poor gas mileage it gets.

[Image: truck_zps80418aa2.jpg]
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

How long has it been since you bought a new vehicle? That price doesn't surprise me.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
As much as Iike a brand new car,I bought my last car with around 18k miles on it and a little over a year old. I don't like paying that 1st year depreciation.

My husband drives a Lexus. That fucker cost around $69k and that was a few years ago. I about died but he justified it because he drives clients sometimes. Whatevah.
Commando Cunt Queen
(09-24-2012, 05:07 PM)Duchess Wrote:

How long has it been since you bought a new vehicle? That price doesn't surprise me.

It was for a "truck" ffs , not a luxury vehicle. Guess judging by the price, "it" was a luxury vehicle.

I'm with user, I now buy my new cars one year old, and let some else loose the 20% for using it the first year! I used to buy new all my life, until the last few years, when I wised up. My one year old Lexus had 12,300 miles on it, not a scratch, and best of all was/is "certified for the next three years! All the greatness of new, for $12,000 less.

Carsman, you are an excellent photographer!
I'm not even interested in trucks but your picture has me taking a second look.

What is the milage on that brand?
(And, please don't tell me it is a diesel. I hate the sound and smell of diesel engines.)
(09-24-2012, 09:24 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: Carsman, you are an excellent photographer!
I'm not even interested in trucks but your picture has me taking a second look.

What is the milage on that brand?
(And, please don't tell me it is a diesel. I hate the sound and smell of diesel engines.)

The 315 hp V8 EPA claims 15 city, 22 highway.

"They" usually stretch the EPA mileage by coasting when possible, always starting off at a snails pace, never accelerating hard, and driving at optimum speeds to achieve greatest mpg's. Really not real world driving habits. (real world more likely 1112 city, 18 highway)

If I needed or wanted a truck, I'd consider it!
Looks kind of stylish.
What kind of options does that price include? 45k for a brand spankin new truck isn't unbelievable, especially if it comes with lots of extras.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
Yes! Floor mats and a spare tire would be a terrific bonus along with an air freshener*.

*Not required it be in the shape of a pine tree, but that would be nice.
(09-25-2012, 11:57 AM)LuciferLynn Wrote: What kind of options does that price include? 45k for a brand spankin new truck isn't unbelievable, especially if it comes with lots of extras.

Interiors of trucks now are as luxurious as any high end car.
Well now just the cab, the whole rear end is just a "flat bed". No interior, no leather seats, no electric windows, no speakers, no overhead lights, no mirrors, no seat belts with electrical sensors, no electric trunk, no nothing.

(09-25-2012, 03:28 PM)Carsman Wrote: Well now just the cab, the whole rear end is just a "flat bed". No interior, no leather seats, no electric windows, no speakers, no overhead lights, no mirrors, no seat belts with electrical sensors, no electric trunk, no nothing.

That truck has an extended cab...not cheap.

That truck in a basic model is probably around thirty grand, given the price of the one pictured I'm going to say it's fully loaded or close to it. All leather interior, front & back, fantastic sound system with the controls on the steering wheel, electric all the way around, four wheel drive, bluetooth, rear obstacle detection (beep beep beep), navigation system, I could go on & on, the price tag reflects the amount of comfort you want to enjoy.
Just buy a mini van.
(09-25-2012, 03:40 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-25-2012, 03:28 PM)Carsman Wrote: Well now just the cab, the whole rear end is just a "flat bed". No interior, no leather seats, no electric windows, no speakers, no overhead lights, no mirrors, no seat belts with electrical sensors, no electric trunk, no nothing.

That truck has an extended cab...not cheap.

That truck in a basic model is probably around thirty grand, given the price of the one pictured I'm going to say it's fully loaded or close to it. All leather interior, front & back, fantastic sound system with the controls on the steering wheel, electric all the way around, four wheel drive, bluetooth, rear obstacle detection (beep beep beep), navigation system, I could go on & on, the price tag reflects the amount of comfort you want to enjoy.

I can see you're a truck person, I'm not.

I just bought a brand new luxury 2012 Yukon Denali fully loaded with leather, 2 tvs, heated and air conditioned seats, navigation, blue tooth, the list just goes on and on. Nicest, most expensive vehicle I ever owned. So I look over the other day and notice ink which kinda looks like smeared hearts on the back leather seat.

Of course no one knows how it got there, but my 14 year old son is in a serious relationship and I noticed his girlfriend likes to write "I heart Joey" all over her hands, book bag, and clothes and I think it was still wet and got stamped into the seat. I tried a few things and cant get it off. The whole vehicle is fucked now, I may as well start smoking in it.
(09-25-2012, 03:58 PM)Carsman Wrote: I can see you're a truck person, I'm not.

Not really, I have a year old Altima & a hand-me-down Navigator that Cowboy bought new, he's the truck guy.
(09-25-2012, 04:08 PM)sally Wrote: I just bought a brand new luxury 2012 Yukon Denali fully loaded with leather, 2 tvs, heated and air conditioned seats, navigation, blue tooth, the list just goes on and on. Nicest, most expensive vehicle I ever owned. So I look over the other day and notice ink which kinda looks like smeared hearts on the back leather seat.

Of course no one knows how it got there, but my 14 year old son is in a serious relationship and I noticed his girlfriend likes to write "I heart Joey" all over her hands, book bag, and clothes and I think it was still wet and got stamped into the seat. I tried a few things and cant get it off. The whole vehicle is fucked now, I may as well start smoking in it.

Did you try the Magic Erasur?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
No I didn't even think about that, I think I might still have one too.
The ME works great on a lot of thing. If it doesn't work on the ink I would try nail polish remover.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

Please don't try the nail polish remover, alcohol, hairspray or anything else that someone tells you. Given the quality of this vehicle you should consult someone who knows exactly what to do. It wouldn't be prudent to take a chance. Sometimes what people use to try & remove the ink with is more damaging than the ink (in this case). There are different grades of leather & finishes that have to be taken into account. The good news is, the newer the ink the easier it will be to remove.