Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAY MARRIAGE
There is a story in the local news today that a wedding venue here refuses to host same sex weddings. On their website it says they have the right to refuse bookings per their discretion. The story is a gay woman called up to book her wedding. During the initial conversation, the wedding coordinator didn't realize it was two women getting married. When the couple went to the venue to finalize the details, they were told that they do not do same sex weddings. The morning radio show I listen to is doing this story and the DJ called the venue to get their side of the story. They refused to come on the air to discuss but stated that they feel the same sex marriage is immoral.

Discuss............
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

Meh. Some churches refuse to marry them as well. While I don't personally have a problem with same sex relationships I feel lucky that I live in a country where people have the choice to be together & others have the choice to disapprove. Their loss of the dollars involved will be someone elses gain.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
If more people stuck to their convictions and threw political correct bullshit out the window the world would be a much better place.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
If people would live and let live and stop being so judgemental the world would be a better place.
(10-17-2012, 11:56 AM)ramseycat Wrote: If people would live and let live and stop being so judgemental the world would be a better place.

Does this mean I have to stop judging people who fuck animals? Who like to molest children? Because really, I don't think I can do that.
(10-17-2012, 12:01 PM)Jimbone Wrote:
(10-17-2012, 11:56 AM)ramseycat Wrote: If people would live and let live and stop being so judgemental the world would be a better place.

Does this mean I have to stop judging people who fuck animals? Who like to molest children? Because really, I don't think I can do that.

I think those people are the exception to the rule. You can judge them to your hearts content.
I don't see what difference it makes. Gay marriage is the least of my concerns.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
Exactly Lucy. Business is business. You are going to turn away business because you don't agree with gay marriage? That's just dumb. And it's offensive.