Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
JUDGMENTAL BITCH

Do you judge a book by its cover?

I'm guilty of that quite a bit, I wish I weren't so it's something I work on.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-19-2012, 08:15 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Do you judge a book by its cover?

I'm guilty of that quite a bit, I wish I weren't so it's something I work on.

Unfortunately same here. However, many times, must say the judging does match the cover.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I try not to as I have been wrong before. I make it a point to see what's on the inside.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Being judgmental is how we decide who we like or don't like, as well as a defensive mechanism to keep us out of danger. It's part of the human condition.

I mean really, how often does the inside not match the outside? 1 out of 10 times?
Yes. I judge. I profile. Conduct yourself accordingly and I wont.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
Of course, it is in our nature to judge and profile people. When was the last time you looked at a fat person and said to yourself "Now, damn, there is a specimen of good health and fitness!!" Probably never.

Two more examples of prejudging..Honey BooBoo and her mama. Of course, in their case we are right..but still.
(10-19-2012, 10:32 AM)LuciferLynn Wrote: Conduct yourself accordingly and I wont.

According to what? Your standards? Pompous cunt.

Yeah, I snap judge based on appearance. I sometimes have these fleeting thoughts (DAMN, JUST GET THAT NOSE FIXED, FFS!) and then I'm slightly ashamed at myself for being cruel in my head.
(10-19-2012, 11:23 AM)username Wrote: I snap judge based on appearance.

I do that too & it's usually in the grocery store. I see a fat ass in one of those scooters & think you wouldn't have an ass the size of Texas if you did some walking or I see the crap in their cart and think no wonder you look like you do. I'm so critical & it's something I catch myself being almost every time I'm out in public. Smiley_emoticons_slash
I don't really judge based on appearance alone. Unless of course the person has a huge mole on their face with a hair growing out of it or something, then I think why on earth wouldn't they get that thing cut off. Normally I wait for the person to start talking before I judge.
(10-19-2012, 11:30 AM)sally Wrote: I don't really judge based on appearance alone. Unless of course the person has a huge mole on their face with a hair growing out of it or something, then I think why on earth wouldn't they get that thing cut off. Normally I wait for the person to start talking before I judge.

Maybe there's a reason the person can't get the mole removed. During my teen years I got a small mole on the side of my nose. Had it removed just to come right back. Dermatologist said if he removed that mole it would take half of my nose away. For some reason I opted to keep the mole! (There was a lady at school with a similar mole on her nose and had it removed - oh, my gosh. Ended up taking 34ths of her nose off - she looks so pitiful) BTW, at least I have never had a hair growing out of it and make-up covers it pretty well.
(10-19-2012, 11:23 AM)username Wrote:
(10-19-2012, 10:32 AM)LuciferLynn Wrote: Conduct yourself accordingly and I wont.

According to what? Your standards? Pompous cunt.

Yeah, I snap judge based on appearance. I sometimes have these fleeting thoughts (DAMN, JUST GET THAT NOSE FIXED, FFS!) and then I'm slightly ashamed at myself for being cruel in my head.

Conduct yourself accordingly. Don't go out in public with a sideways baseball cap and your pants hanging off your ass and say "know what um sayin" every other word. Wash your kids faces, put shoes and shirts on them and don't allow them to run around screaming and yelling. Don't fill your grocery cart with shit and pay with food stamps. Stand up straight, use proper english, dress decently and mind your children.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
(10-19-2012, 11:39 AM)Teacher Wrote:
(10-19-2012, 11:30 AM)sally Wrote: I don't really judge based on appearance alone. Unless of course the person has a huge mole on their face with a hair growing out of it or something, then I think why on earth wouldn't they get that thing cut off. Normally I wait for the person to start talking before I judge.

Maybe there's a reason the person can't get the mole removed. During my teen years I got a small mole on the side of my nose. Had it removed just to come right back. Dermatologist said if he removed that mole it would take half of my nose away. For some reason I opted to keep the mole! (There was a lady at school with a similar mole on her nose and had it removed - oh, my gosh. Ended up taking 34ths of her nose off - she looks so pitiful) BTW, at least I have never had a hair growing out of it and make-up covers it pretty well.

I should have considered that, but I think that's more of just wondering than actual judging. I wouldn't say it's the same as looking at an overweight person and thinking they must be a lazy slob.

I usually don't even pay attention to people, how they dress and if their kids look dirty is no business of mine. I don't always leave the house looking like a million bucks either. If they're out in public behaving like an idiot than that's different.
(10-19-2012, 11:52 AM)LuciferLynn Wrote: Conduct yourself accordingly. Don't go out in public with a sideways baseball cap and your pants hanging off your ass and say "know what um sayin" every other word. Wash your kids faces, put shoes and shirts on them and don't allow them to run around screaming and yelling. Don't fill your grocery cart with shit and pay with food stamps. Stand up straight, use proper english, dress decently and mind your children.

Forget I axed. You need to chillax out, homie.
Duchess..I USED to prejudge the "fat asses " in the scooters at the store, until about 4 years ago when I had to start using one. I can not do a shopping trip, especially in a big box store without one now. Extreme walking lays me up for two days.
BUT, that being said...if you were to look into my cart there would be vegies, chicken and the occasional box or two of nacho chips or wheat crackers. But I still know what you mean, because it irks me to no end to see people jogging into the store, from the handicapped parking spot they had no business parking in, and using a cart, because they are too damn lazy to walk.

Hey, why can't I insert a video clip like I used to be able to? Is the button broken?
(10-19-2012, 12:47 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Hey, why can't I insert a video clip like I used to be able to? Is the button broken?

I just did a test video and it worked fine. Try again, please.
(10-19-2012, 01:03 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-19-2012, 12:47 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Hey, why can't I insert a video clip like I used to be able to? Is the button broken?

I just did a test video and it worked fine. Try again, please.

Maybe he needs to ear his cookies too.
[undefined=undefined]

this is what I get when I try. Sad.

Hmmm... maybe just a firefox problem? I'm editing with explorer and it's working.

(10-19-2012, 01:06 PM)Jimbone Wrote: [undefined=undefined]

I want to help you but I don't know how to recreate your issue in order to troubleshoot it :(

Is anyone else experiencing this?
(10-19-2012, 01:11 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-19-2012, 01:06 PM)Jimbone Wrote: [undefined=undefined]

I want to help you but I don't know how to recreate your issue in order to troubleshoot it :(

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I'll tinker around with Firefox. May be a java update or something that is causing the browser to be temporarily wacky. No worries.