Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I have seen the light
There's only a single way to go right whether you call it Jesus, Buddha, or simple common sense. We either contribute what we can to the advancement of the species and the economy while having fun or we extract our livelyhoods and hedoinistic pleasures like the evil or the 1%. There are ten million ways to go wrong.

We each have a choice. If we make the wrong choice we burn in the hell of those who are glad we're dead or we bask in the glory of those who miss us.

I guess I've long known this but it's never seemed so simple or so obvious before.

May we each live forever in the hearts of those who love us. But more importantly for the species may each of the 1% live forever.
[Image: egypt_5.gif]
Damn....when I read the thread title, just for a second there, I thought you were talking about ramps.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
I'm going with the 1%.
Commando Cunt Queen
(11-15-2012, 07:59 PM)crash Wrote: Damn....when I read the thread title, just for a second there, I thought you were talking about ramps.

Ramps can sometimes be used in the the pursuit of hedonistic pleasures.

So, my interpretation of Clad's OP is that a change of heart has indeed taken place. "Ramps forever!", that's what I'm gettin'.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Clad. Happens about 1% of time. Smiley_emoticons_smile
(11-15-2012, 07:59 PM)crash Wrote: Damn....when I read the thread title, just for a second there, I thought you were talking about ramps.

Get with the program soldier!
(11-15-2012, 08:07 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

So, my interpretation of Clad's OP is that a change of heart has indeed taken place. "Ramps forever!", that's what I'm gettin'.

This would be one of them.

I'm working on proof that Osiris is just a different form of Atum now.

Of course none of it matters if you believe in ramps. Ramps are more powerful than truth and able to leap the tallest pyramids.

Oops! Ya' know what I mean.
(11-15-2012, 08:53 PM)cladking Wrote:

Of course none of it matters if you believe in ramps. Ramps are more powerful than truth and able to leap the tallest pyramids.

I'm inclined to withhold judgment regarding the ramps and put that aside for now. But, I'm really looking forward to your Osiris / Atumn theory. Personally, I've never seen them together in the same room, so I'm open-minded about it. Smiley_emoticons_bussi
(11-15-2012, 09:12 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(11-15-2012, 08:53 PM)cladking Wrote:

I'm inclined to withhold judgment regarding the ramps and put that aside for now. But, I'm really looking forward to your Osiris / Atumn theory. Personally, I've never seen them together in the same room, so I'm open-minded about it. Smiley_emoticons_bussi

Ya' had ta' say 'inclined" didn't ya'?

Let me "sober up" a bit and I'll defend the argument.

Beat_deadhorse
OK, I'm not going to defend any statements here. What was I thinking?

I've made some big breakthroughs and might try one of them out here first. The Osiris/ Atum thing led to something far bigger. Horus, son of Isis is the stone of which they built pyramids; he is the concept of the stone.
(12-28-2012, 10:20 PM)cladking Wrote: OK, I'm not going to defend any statements here. What was I thinking?

I've made some big breakthroughs and might try one of them out here first. The Osiris/ Atum thing led to something far bigger. Horus, son of Isis is the stone of which they built pyramids; he is the concept of the stone.

I wonder why the potheads don't chat you up more.

Can you quote pyramind texts like god-botherers quote scripture?
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(12-29-2012, 12:18 AM)Cracker Wrote: I wonder why the potheads don't chat you up more.

I'm not really into pulleys, massive stones or mummified bodies but if he wants to talk about design I'd be delighted to shoot the shit with him.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(12-29-2012, 12:18 AM)Cracker Wrote:
(12-28-2012, 10:20 PM)cladking Wrote: OK, I'm not going to defend any statements here. What was I thinking?

I wonder why the potheads don't chat you up more.

Can you quote pyramind texts like god-botherers quote scripture?

Ya' should see me when I get going. I just whip a little of that old time religion (that is actually science) on 'em. I thump the book, my voice rises, falls, and quakes as I invoke the Gods to smite the blasphemers.

I don't really have the thing memorized but I can remember a lot of my fovorite utterances verbatim and many by meaning. Back thou lowing ox, the hands of Horus are on thy head, thy tail is in the hands of Isis, and the fingers of Atum are at thy horns.

They couldn't even load the ascender with stones (Horus) without describing the sounds and (probably) the sights. Some of the utterances can almost be smelled. They believed people had dozens of senses and this is what causes the odd poses I believe. They weren't walking like an Egyptian but seeing infrared with their hands.

Mebbe ya' had ta' be there.
(12-29-2012, 06:46 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-29-2012, 12:18 AM)Cracker Wrote: I wonder why the potheads don't chat you up more.

I'm not really into pulleys, massive stones or mummified bodies but if he wants to talk about design I'd be delighted to shoot the shit with him.

What sort of design?

I'm interested in their art but haven't studied it much yet. I'm slightly interested in a few of their temples. I believe the nonsense of comparing various designs to somew imagined evolution in architecture is a lot of what led to the nonsensical idea that they must have used ramps to build a tomb and that they were superstitious and changeless.

I had a great design for building pyramids but had to scrap most of it in light of new evidence.
(12-29-2012, 08:34 PM)cladking Wrote: What sort of design?

Landscape design, outdoor garden room design, patio design, open floor plan design, right now I am enthralled with small space design, getting the biggest bang for your buck with limited space, my heart pounds when I think about space & designing something to fit it. I am such a cornball.
Well, you're not alone in that hah

A pallet of stone would excite me more than a gift in an upscale jewelers box. 50
I am so with you on that. The only reason I am not hunting for left-over flagstones and bricks on a regular basis is that I am lacking the means of transport - which will be no problem anymore soon if all goes well Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
(12-29-2012, 08:51 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-29-2012, 08:34 PM)cladking Wrote: What sort of design?

Landscape design, outdoor garden room design, patio design, open floor plan design, right now I am enthralled with small space design, getting the biggest bang for your buck with limited space, my heart pounds when I think about space & designing something to fit it. I am such a cornball.

I actually do a great deal of landscape design but I do it on a massive scale. I change the course of mighty rivers and build bridges bending steel in my bare hands.

Of course I always cheated a lot and the mighty rivers were closer to seasonal creeks but I'm patient and can terraform anything given enough time. Now days I just take care of a few acres and most of my terraforming is accomplished by planting trees (especially redbuds) and rerouting a little rain water.

I have a little knack for knowing how things should look, taste, feel, or sound but nothing very special. There are a lot of artists in my family though. I always did a lot of my work with a shovel which is a very underrated tool. Of course you can do ten times as much work with your head than a shovel.
(12-29-2012, 11:35 PM)cladking Wrote: Now days I just take care of a few acres and most of my terraforming is accomplished by planting trees (especially redbuds) and rerouting a little rain water.

I always did a lot of my work with a shovel which is a very underrated tool. Of course you can do ten times as much work with your head than a shovel.

I love the outdoors & wide open spaces. Life wouldn't be worth living if I couldn't get outside. Smiley_emoticons_wink

Your property must look beautiful with all the red buds blooming, they are such a gracious tree. If you have pix post 'em up!

I've never minding wielding a shovel nor a post hole digger & usually find projects that involve either one to be fun.
(12-30-2012, 06:51 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-29-2012, 11:35 PM)cladking Wrote: Now days I just take care of a few acres and most of my terraforming is accomplished by planting trees (especially redbuds) and rerouting a little rain water.

I always did a lot of my work with a shovel which is a very underrated tool. Of course you can do ten times as much work with your head than a shovel.

I love the outdoors & wide open spaces. Life wouldn't be worth living if I couldn't get outside. Smiley_emoticons_wink

Your property must look beautiful with all the red buds blooming, they are such a gracious tree. If you have pix post 'em up!

I've never minding wielding a shovel nor a post hole digger & usually find projects that involve either one to be fun.

Post hole diggers are cool but I rarely get a chance to use one.

My dad set everything up on the property and I helped him build the house. He rarely solicited or used my advice but he had it looking great anyway. I's just standing on the shoulders of a giant really. I had a lot to start with. I took out all the big trees near the house and put in redbuds and ornamentals. It's a little warmer in the summer this way but there's air conditioning now and it's safer in storms. I think it's pretty nice.

The river I made when I was younger is even on the new maps now. They added nearly a mile of the route to the maps though much of that is a lake.

I used to almost live outdoors. Even vacations were were running around hitting coin shows and camping. My job was mostly outdoors.