Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 TRANSPORTATION
I think this fits in "TECH BULLSHIT" but feel free to move if not.

(CNN) -- Fliers, drivers and rail riders, heads up: the next 10 years will dramatically transform America's traveling landscape.

Get ready to share the road with driverless, computer-controlled cars. Prepare to join millions of travelers who will start riding trains to nearby cities. Expect to be nickel-and-dimed (even more) by the airlines. Don't be surprised to see sleek new airline designs that run cleaner and burn less fuel, thanks to new materials and innovative technology.

Full story:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/27/travel/fut...?hpt=hp_c1

For anyone else who likes planes, the article's photo gallery of protoype commercial carriers is very cool, imo.
[Image: 121120042921-future-travel-lockheed-supe...allery.jpg]

This made me think of the Jetsons.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

...now I'm thinking of that high tech board Mrs. Jetson had in her kitchen, a click a meal board. My gawd, wouldn't that be wonderful!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(11-27-2012, 09:17 PM)Duchess Wrote:

...now I'm thinking of that high tech board Mrs. Jetson had in her kitchen, a click a meal board. My gawd, wouldn't that be wonderful!

It truly would be awesome right about now; probably not too far off in the future. Got a bug with stuffy head goin' on today - would love to have their dedicated robot maid, Rosie, on hand too.

Here are the Jetsons and Rosie in their vehicle, same color green as the plane that I posted.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1Jp-ULusBN_s1wMPsBNB...MYHgdkBlrQ]
I need a whole lotta Rosie.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Damn, I want one of these