Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
GUN PERMITS

Gun permits are public knowledge & anyone can access that information, however, a newspaper took that one step further and published the names & addresses of those that have a permit. What do you think about that? In retaliation a lawyer posted the names & addresses of the newspaper staff & a google map of the publishers home. HaHaFuckingHa.

Story
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Whoa.........guess we know who the targets are now. And whos house NOT to break into.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
It's funny and sad at the same time. People are just ridiculous in the behavior they resort to when attempting to make a point.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I agree with Maggot. Now the criminals know what houses to break into if they want to steal a gun. They also know that they must case those houses to find the best time.
My local paper pulled this same shit a couple years ago. We permit holders made them pull that info off the internet. However that did not erase that info from the memories of those that read it in the paper or C&P'd it from the internet link. To this day my wife and I both carry even while at home.
I actually enjoyed this readers comment on the article. On a sidenote, and I cannot believe I am saying this about an attorney. BRAVO...... I would love to see a consistent list of sex predators being updated every month in the local rags as well.

"The funny thing is if you asked the Journal News to list the names and addresses of all people in Rockland and Westchester counties who receive public assistance so we can see where our taxes are going, they'd howl in shocked disbelief in what an invasion of privacy it'd be and how you're trying to shame innocent people."
Yes, permits are public records, but only someone with a need or desire to know about a particular holder would typically go through the trouble of searching out the records.

This paper put the names of permit/gun holders out there for the community to see (whether they wanted/needed to know or not); it shows careless disregard for those who choose to legally bear arms and could put them in a negative (or positive) spotlight with others unwillingly. Plus, that interactive map looks like the one you see published for sex offenders in an area whenever a child or woman goes missing or is killed; negative connotation and association, imo. People don't need to know where gun owners live as a matter of public safety like they do for sex offenders, imo.

The paper/site didn't break the law and I don't think most gun owners are trying to keep it a secret anyway (assumption on my part), but it still really rubs me the wrong way, in a similar fashion as the local paper/flyer that Maggot posted about several months back (the one that published the names of all of those in the neighborhood who hadn't voted in previous elections).

Smells like community shit-stirring to me. JM0...
I think we are starting to see the lengths some people will go... elections have consequences, and when people are emboldened by a perceived result they will do dangerous things. They will also try to exploit a crisis and use it as an excuse to move their agenda.

In a grasp to be relevant, this newspaper has become part of it.

The country is made more dangerous by these sorts of things, not safer.
Hmmm...Might be time to put a sign in the yard that points to the houses where you will NOT get shot for trying a break in
(12-27-2012, 01:39 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Hmmm...Might be time to put a sign in the yard that points to the houses where you will NOT get shot for trying a break in

[Image: neighbor.jpg]
HotD, if you say JMO or IMO one more time I'm going to internet bitch slap you.

I can understand it occasionally but you overuse it. Who's opinion would it be if not yours, Sybil?

JMO.
(12-27-2012, 02:24 PM)username Wrote: HotD, if you say JMO or IMO one more time I'm going to internet bitch slap you.

I can understand it occasionally but you overuse it. Who's opinion would it be if not yours, Sybil?

JMO.

Get ready to bitch slap me then, you cold hearted bitch.Catfight

I talk the same way when I'm addressing/discussing issues in-person.

I've listened to a lot of people (mostly in business context) tout opinions as if they're facts. I try to avoid doing it myself and may have developed a habit of over-qualifying that.

I'll try to be conscious of it and, if it feels right, cut back.

It's not a big deal anyway, IMO, but just for you since you've asked so nicely. JMO.
Well, now I know my next door neighbor has a gun. Another neighbor called him the other morning because it appeared his car had been broken in to. The owner came running out with a gun. The other neighbor was "whoa, it's me, Eric"!
All my neighbors know I have firearms. Not just because I work at a gun shop, or because I sometimes open carry, but because when I bought this house my first two truck loads were nothing but guns and ammo. [The third was nothing but stereo equipment. I often LOL when thinking what there first impression of me was] However they would never see me come running out the door, gun in hand, because my car had ben broken into.
hah I know, right? Over react much?
Commando Cunt Queen
I wonder if Gannett supports arming teachers or school security personnel?

"We need people with guns to protect our people who haven't guns."

Newspaper That Printed Gun Owner Names Hires Armed Guards

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/20...ed-guards/
(01-02-2013, 07:25 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Newspaper That Printed Gun Owner Names Hires Armed Guards

28 HaHaFuckingHa. Serves 'em right.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I wonder why they don't just call 9-1-1 and wait if something goes down? Hmmmmmmmm?????
This is the way liberals do things. They need to be beat down with words at every step because they talk before they think. Usually they hang up or run away when the truth smacks them hard right.
Nice to see Illinois not letting anyone down in their quest to maximize a crisis...

http://www.rrstar.com/updates/x135322868...guns-clips

I wonder how they'll feel when the gun makers - and the jobs, revenue, and taxes they provide - pull up stakes and move their operations to other states.
Good. Everyone that wants guns banned could move to Illinois and live at peace among their friends. It could be nirvana for them.