RING RING

Do people ever call your home & the moment you answer the phone they ask what you are doing?

That annoys the fuck out of me.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
My sister is trying to set up regular phone dates with me. That's annoying the fuck out of me. This will come as a big surprise but I think I'm sort of anti-social.
I actually get "Who is this". For crissake YOU called ME Asshat
Banana phone!!! [Image: 1065816abdjof5mcj.gif]
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I don't find the banana phone a peeling; kinda rotten looking after a while and easily misplaced.

I think that the shoe phone is the better way to go for ring ring; sturdier and always underfoot.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBdNMRfmfTQqZRDwrxL0r...bo98MmcdZD]

just a personal preference...

Hahaha! I love how your mind works. You are like the female version of Maggot, I say that in the nicest possible way, it's a compliment.
(01-04-2013, 02:12 PM)Duchess Wrote: [size=medium][i]

Do people ever call your home & the moment you answer the phone they ask what you are doing?

The one that bothers me the most comes from not just the town's but the entire state's biggest gossip. Since we were teenagers, she always asks, "Whadda you know?" the moment you say hello. Never fails.

HotD,
Loved your banana post!
I constantly get texts from someone that asks "what R U Doing?" or " R U Up?" ....I find it annoying.

I also find it really fucking annoying when someone knows that you don't feel good or you are sick, and they call/text. Even after answering and telling them you are sick, they continued to just blab.....
I got rid of the landline. And caller id is the best invention since the dishwasher. I am a screener.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(01-05-2013, 12:11 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I got rid of the landline. And caller id is the best invention since the dishwasher. I am a screener.

Yes, those Collectors looking for payment on old telephone bills certainly can be annoying.
My husband got a text once that was obviously a wrong number. Since it seemed important, he texted back that they had sent it to the wrong number. The proceeded to text him back a fuck off text that they KNEW it was NOT a wrong number.
Now the thing is, you do NOT piss off my husband. He actually CALLED the number. I guess they exchanged a few fuck you's before hubby realized the person was drunk or something and just gave up.
Oh shit, I once sent a text to a wrong number. I was sitting at the hospital waiting for some test results, pretty damn scared. I meant to text my husband but I got one digit wrong. The person wrote me back and told me it was normal to be scared, they hoped everything would be alright and ended up by saying "God bless you".

There are some nice people in the world.
(01-05-2013, 01:59 PM)username Wrote: There are some nice people in the world.

Yes, there is & maybe if we heard more about them others would be inspired.

When the hell did crap become so much more important than wonderful goodness. It has because that's what sells, it's what people are interested in hearing/reading/watching. That's a sad commentary on our society.
(01-05-2013, 12:18 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote:
(01-05-2013, 12:11 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I got rid of the landline. And caller id is the best invention since the dishwasher. I am a screener.

Yes, those Collectors looking for payment on old telephone bills certainly can be annoying.

Yes they are.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I hate, hate, hate telemarketers! I have caller ID which shows up on TV screen also and these calls years ago were mostly 800 numbers but now they use every area code known to man. I have begged phone company to block or something these numbers, but they keep changing; i wanted to get rid of land line, but cell phone is an out of state number and inconvenient for most businesses, doctors, etc. No, I can't change my cell phone number. I just got new one, new state and now have telecreeps on it, too. I always update numbers on do not call list, but that is waste of time now. FCC was offering $50,000 to someone who could invent blocking
device for robo callers so even the industry doesn't know a solution.
P.S. this is becoming more than annoying; I now unplug phone each evening and when I wake up, I plug it in again. These telecreeps
start at 8:30 a.m and go until 10:p.m.
(01-05-2013, 02:24 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: I hate, hate, hate telemarketers! I have caller ID which shows up on TV screen also and these calls years ago were mostly 800 numbers but now they use every area code known to man. I have begged phone company to block or something these numbers, but they keep changing; i wanted to get rid of land line, but cell phone is an out of state number and inconvenient for most businesses, doctors, etc. No, I can't change my cell phone number. I just got new one, new state and now have telecreeps on it, too. I always update numbers on do not call list, but that is waste of time now. FCC was offering $50,000 to someone who could invent blocking
device for robo callers so even the industry doesn't know a solution.

They are out of fucking control. What do they want from me, I can't take it anymore. They do it to my business phone which is even worse because they use different area codes now and I have to answer every call just in case it's a customer.
When they call with an automated message I like to press two to speak to a representative and then I tell them they're gonna burn in hell.
(01-05-2013, 02:27 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: P.S. this is becoming more than annoying; I now unplug phone each evening and when I wake up, I plug it in again. These telecreeps
start at 8:30 a.m and go until 10:p.m.

They're only supposed to go 9 AM to 9 PM. I know because my last job was as a telemarketer doing customer satisfaction surveys for Verizon.
Couple years ago I had to have an unpleasant discussion with the FCC. I was getting robocalls at work, I had a block of 50 numbers and I would hear them start ringing one at a time in the back of the building and work their way up front to my desk.
Some asshole selling some kind of insurance. I was nice at first and called them and left messages, told them who I was and to stop calling my numbers. A month goes by and they still called. I had a pretty sophisticated phone system, so I had one of my techs install an extra line card and used all 16 ports to start robocalling his ass when I figured out his number block.
Denial of service they said and were quite pissy about it. Then I showed them my inbound calling records and the hundreds of calls I had from him and the followup calls I made to them. They went away still mad, but the calls stopped.