Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
COLD TURKEY

Could you go thirty days without spending a dime on anything that wasn't a necessity? Keep in mind, I don't consider Starbucks a necessity, you all know exactly what I mean by necessity.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I guess I could if I was in jail, but even then I'd probally spend my commissary money on hooch and smokes.
I'd be hard pressed to go a day much less 30. When you think about all the crap that we have in our lives that isn't really essential, it's staggering.
Commando Cunt Queen
What's the payoff for doing so?
A gentlemen's bet? Absolutely not.
My child's life? Probably, yes.

All in perspective.
I do that all day long, its everyone else that spends my money.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I do this exact thing once a year. Gas and groceries only.

Just to prove to myself that I can.
I could. Probably. Maybe.

Never mind. I can't do it.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Not right now. I probably could. But at this point in my life, no. Depends on what a necessity is. I am assuming under this scenario, paying rent and bills are OK.
(01-07-2013, 10:34 PM)Jimbone Wrote: I do this exact thing once a year. Gas and groceries only.

Any beer or wine in those groceries?
(01-08-2013, 11:41 AM)username Wrote:
(01-07-2013, 10:34 PM)Jimbone Wrote: I do this exact thing once a year. Gas and groceries only.

Any beer or wine in those groceries?

Funny you should ask... I have already done my wine buying for the year, just picked up the order this weekend. Those charges will hit with this statement.

I usually do my cold turkey month after the holidays (usually February cycle as it is the shortest). But now that I think about it, it's gas, groceries, and lunch at work. I don't brown bag it.
(01-08-2013, 11:56 AM)Jimbone Wrote: lunch at work. I don't brown bag it.

What's a typical work lunch for you?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(01-08-2013, 01:04 PM)Duchess Wrote:
What's a typical work lunch for you?

3 martinis.

j/k

I usually have a mid-sized meal... cup of soup and a sandwich or soup and salad. There's a pizza place not far that I might get a stromboli once in awhile.. but usually just a slice or something when we go.
(01-08-2013, 11:56 AM)Jimbone Wrote: I have already done my wine buying for the year, just picked up the order this weekend. Those charges will hit with this statement.

Mmmm Wine, what would you recommend as a favorite red ?
(01-08-2013, 09:13 PM)Sphincter Cop Wrote: Mmmm Wine, what would you recommend as a favorite red ?

Do you like bold reds, or something a little lighter?