Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
DEAD & BURIED

Do you know where you'll be buried? Have you ever arranged a funeral?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
What a happy thread! Yes, I know where I'll be buried but really don't care for the idea (husband's). He wants to be buried in the National Cemetery where spouses are buried on top of each other. Just think, no way to change positions. Smiley_emoticons_smile

I arranged my mother's funeral (horrible experience) and went with my maiden aunt to plan hers. Everyone should plan their funeral so loved ones don't have to experience the heartbreak of doing so.

A couple of years ago my husband's niece planned hers - she knew she was dying. Just had a memorial service (Celebration of her Life). No body just pictures and a slide show. Memories were shared, laughter was present, a real tribute to her and her family. That's the type I want.
I'm getting one of those houses that the whole family can go in to, even the dogs. They have windows and a front porch with a rocking chair and everything.
I've never had to plan a funeral. My husband and I have different ideas so if we don't come to some compromise, we might not end up spending eternity together.

He wants his ashes spread on the lake where we have our cabin. I'm not so sure I want my ashes spread anywhere (my dad's urn was buried with a headstone) but if I did have my ashes spread, I prefer the Pacific.

Maybe we can meet halfway and have our ashes sprinkled over Bakersfield or something.

Oh, and I'd really prefer NO formal service. If friends/family want to get together over drinks or something, fine but that's it.
Cremated, scattered on the downs.
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

No and no. That's not a pleasant subject I like to think about. I think that one would be in the 'too hard' basket. I throw everything in there that I don't want to deal with.
The thought of burning to death has always terrified me, so cremation was never an option in my mind. Yes, I realize I would already be dead. It was still a horrifying thought.

I'm at peace with almost everything in my life for once, so I don't take the time to sit around and scare the shit out of myself thinking about dying or other unpleasant things that I can't control.

Besides...it wouldn't matter what I told my kids I would want for a funeral, they would go with the cheapest they could get away with to save a few measly bucks for themselves...greedy bastards!!
You raised them well, they sound like survivalists/Self Preservationists.
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

(01-12-2013, 06:35 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: No and no. That's not a pleasant subject I like to think about. I think that one would be in the 'too hard' basket. I throw everything in there that I don't want to deal with.

You're going to have to deal with it sooner or later Aussie, and your daughter will probally be the one to make the decision if you don't have one.

I made it clear that I don't want to be cremated because going up in flames isn't a nice thought, neither is being buried with with bugs, but I guess I'll take the bugs. A closed casket grave side funeral is fine with me, I don't need any ceromonies.

I was just joking about that house thing, that's what I would prefer but I don't really have the funds right now.
Cremated and shot into space like James Doohan.
:Run1:
I don't want to be cremated either. Other than that I don't care.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Only way I'd be buried would be if I could be buried crossdressed and have a tombstone that read DEAD SEXY.
/facedesk

(01-12-2013, 09:18 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I don't want to be cremated either. Other than that I don't care.

There aren't a lot of choices if you're not cremated. There are lots of problems when you think about a body on your fireplace mantel.
Commando Cunt Queen
Like if you were cremated wouldn't you just want to be scattered somewhere you loved?

thats all i would want, plus the cheapest hassle free way to leave your family.

Cremated and put in the gulf stream.............

[Image: nemo.jpg]
(01-12-2013, 08:31 PM)sally Wrote: You're going to have to deal with it sooner or later Aussie

On a positive note, I am on the organ donor registry.....(after I am deceased)
(01-12-2013, 10:11 PM)username Wrote:
(01-12-2013, 09:18 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I don't want to be cremated either. Other than that I don't care.

There aren't a lot of choices if you're not cremated. There are lots of problems when you think about a body on your fireplace mantel.

I figured it would be a given that I would be buried since I don't want to be cremated.

Now that I've thought about it some, I do want a catholic mass at my funeral.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
What an uplifting topic! NOT! Catholic Mass and burial at Calvary Cemetery. No throwing of ashes in backyard pool for me !!! Cheers
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]