Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
INAUGURATION

Why does there have to be another one? Seriously. I understand newly elected Presidents having one but two term guys should just pass on it. I don't throw big parties when my money is tight.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
The morning show I watch here in Oz has it's 'team' that has gone over to cover the INAUGURATION *echo echo echo*.
I agree. Just a quick swearing in would be fine but they don't need a second round of hoopla. I'm not sure if it's still true but this morning CNN was broadcasting "live from the inauguration" and I switched to FOX and there was seemingly almost no commentary about it. Big contrast.
Commando Cunt Queen

I read that his first inauguration in 2009 cost $170 million. Granted, not all of it was paid for by the government, there were many rich donors who were very generous but nonetheless the government picked up a tab that was in the millions.
Obama likes it when everyone turns out in masses to bow to him. Its almost like a coronation. Its a bit unsettling it is.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I wish they'd skip the parade, the Commander and Chief Ball, and the Inaugural Ball altogether. I'd feel that way no matter who was being inaugurated in this economy. Scale way the hell back; I think that would be the right note to start the second term.

[Image: article-2265832-170F4D0C000005DC-593_964x594.jpg]

Why da hell is Beyonce wearing an evening gown in broad daylight? 78

Crying shame it wasn't Hillary being sworn in. Hey Bill honey. 75

[Image: article-2265832-171360C3000005DC-916_964x624.jpg]
There was an inauguration today?

I wasn't going to watch any of this & I thought it was a huge waste of money yet I've had it on in the background all day and I'm glad I did. Some of it has been funny, some irritating & I've been moved by the history of it all.

The Prez & First Lady are in the parade now, their car is kickass. It's called the Beast. heh. They got out of the car and began to walk, security is massive, it looks like a movie.

For everyone who thinks Michele Obama looks like an ape - you couldn't be more wrong, she looks gorgeous, they both do and so did their kids.
You guys should be proud, the whole world is watching. You certainly know how to impress. I think it's wonderful.

Addit: His speech regarding equal pay for women and acknowledging equal love for all was powerful. That will have resounding positive effects for the future around the globe. It is history in the making.
I am so glad there is one less voter in the U.S.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(01-21-2013, 05:58 PM)Maggot Wrote: I am so glad there is one less voter in the U.S.

Haha! I watched wife swap for the first time today.
Commando Cunt Queen
(01-21-2013, 05:58 PM)Maggot Wrote: I am so glad there is one less voter in the U.S.

Hey hey, I am very bipartisan, that does not mean I vote left or right. It really does depend before I make my decision. I take the whole process very seriously.

There is much enthusiasm, pomp and ceremony surrounding the current event. I think you should be proud. There are people there from both sides of politics.

I am a woman and I very much want equal pay to you men professionally. That does not make me left wing. Blowing-kisses
I may not agree with all of Obama's policies, but he really can give a speech that was incusive to everyone in the nation. I thought it was great that the Lincoln and King Bible's were used, and that he had the first openly gay man read a poem.

My favorite quote from his speech:

"It is now our generation’s task to carry on what those pioneers began. For our journey is not complete until our wives, our mothers, and daughters can earn a living equal to their efforts. Our journey is not complete until our gay brothers and sisters are treated like anyone else under the law -- for if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well."

This was cool too!
[Image: slide_275995_2008728_free_zps89611731.jpg]
Obama looks handsome tonight. I can't wait to see Michelles dress. Smiley_emoticons_smile
(01-21-2013, 09:53 PM)JsMom Wrote: Obama looks handsome tonight. I can't wait to see Michelles dress. Smiley_emoticons_smile

[Image: 149365_10151401347681509_611893434_n_zpsdded383a.jpg]
[Image: 555167_595904920435023_323336767_n_zpse1c7c961.jpg]