Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
THIS IS BULLSHIT

This is unlikely to pass but it's worth discussing anyway. I've read a lot of crap regarding abortions but this might take the cake. 78

A Republican lawmaker in New Mexico introduced a bill on Wednesday that would legally require victims of rape to carry their pregnancies to term in order to use the fetus as evidence for a sexual assault trial.

House Bill 206, introduced by state Rep. Cathrynn Brown, would charge a rape victim who ended her pregnancy with a third-degree felony for "tampering with evidence."

“Tampering with evidence shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion, of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime," the bill says.

Third-degree felonies in New Mexico carry a sentence of up to three years in prison.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
That IS bulkshit and I can't believe a woman us behind this bill. If the product of conception is so important to a raid case, can't they use the material (I can't say fetus here) from the abortion? What about rape cases where there is no prefnancy? They prosecute those just fine.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I swear, the smarter we get, the dumber we get.
Just another legislature looking to make a name for herself.
I think NM has issues that really deserve the kind of time she spent on that idiocracy.
Education, teen pregnancy, poverty, gangs, drugs....NM is a mess. Seriously.
Just like Ohio, but different.
Not a fucking thing Enchanting about this shithole.
You are missed...RIP Lady Cop
(01-25-2013, 08:57 AM)imsuchawildflower Wrote: Just another legislature looking to make a name for herself.
I think NM has issues that really deserve the kind of time she spent on that idiocracy.
Education, teen pregnancy, poverty, gangs, drugs....NM is a mess. Seriously.
Just like Ohio, but different.
Not a fucking thing Enchanting about this shithole.

It is where Breaking Bad is filmed, so there is that.
Yes it is, amongst many others including the new Johnny Depp movie.
And yes, you are right. Whatever youre thinking? Youre right.
You are missed...RIP Lady Cop

Rapists have rights in regards to the females they rape. That is mind blowing to me.

If a woman who conceives through rape does go on to have the child, she can open herself up to being victimized by her rapist again and again. In 31 states, paternal rapists are allowed to sue for custody and visitation rights like any other father, as a Chicago woman who was served with custody papers from her rapist brought to the public's attention last summer after former Rep. Todd Akin made his "legitimate rape" comments.

[Image: 0125rapeabortion.png]
I hope the states shown in gray have more sense. I don't see where a rapist has any rights regarding the child. What's next? Maybe the rapist forcing the mother to not have an abortion but bring the pregnancy to full term?
(01-27-2013, 08:37 AM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote: What's next? Maybe the rapist forcing the mother to not have an abortion but bring the pregnancy to full term?

Given what I've read regarding this I think that's a legitimate concern and not far fetched at all.
Duchess in that case it would be the law protecting the criminal more than the victim. Talk about adding insult to injury!

Yes and I see THAT happening a great deal as it is.

I think once someone commits a crime they have forfeited all rights but the law doesn't work that way :(

I get that people are innocent until proven guilty but when all the proof is right there in your face and they plead not guilty I am appalled that they are allowed to.
At the very least the criminal should not profit or benefit from his criminal acts.
(01-27-2013, 08:47 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I get that people are innocent until proven guilty but when all the proof is right there in your face and they plead not guilty I am appalled that they are allowed to.
I agree. It's like the criminal has contempt for the judicial process. Maybe the sentence should be increased in such cases to reflect his contemptuous attitude
(01-25-2013, 07:28 AM)Duchess Wrote:

This is unlikely to pass but it's worth discussing anyway. I've read a lot of crap regarding abortions but this might take the cake. 78

A Republican lawmaker in New Mexico introduced a bill on Wednesday that would legally require victims of rape to carry their pregnancies to term in order to use the fetus as evidence for a sexual assault trial.

House Bill 206, introduced by state Rep. Cathrynn Brown, would charge a rape victim who ended her pregnancy with a third-degree felony for "tampering with evidence."

“Tampering with evidence shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion, of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime," the bill says.

Third-degree felonies in New Mexico carry a sentence of up to three years in prison.

What's concerning to me is how in da'fuck do people with fucked up views like this ever get elected to office?
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

^
Most politicians were hippies in the 60's.

That's how and why.
(01-27-2013, 08:55 AM)thekid65 Wrote: how in da'fuck do people with fucked up views like this ever get elected to office?

...because so many people share that officials fucked up views.
(01-28-2013, 02:44 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-27-2013, 08:55 AM)thekid65 Wrote: how in da'fuck do people with fucked up views like this ever get elected to office?

...because so many people share that officials fucked up views.

Yep.

This NM state representative is clearly an extreme pro-life advocate attempting to skirt around existing laws in order to make abortions as difficult to get as possible, even in the case of rape. The representative behind this bill is a woman (Cathryn Brown) and, in my opinion, she's now shamelessly lying like a rug because of the backlash she's facing by the majority of people who see her transparency and her true intentions.

Here's the text from her original bill:
A. Tampering with evidence consists of destroying, changing, hiding, placing or fabricating any physical evidence with intent to prevent the apprehension, prosecution or conviction of any person or to throw suspicion of the commission of a crime upon another.

B. Tampering with evidence shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion, of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime.

As a third-degree felony, the crime could be carry a sentence of up to three years in prison.

Here's the statement that she just released in response to the backlash:
"House Bill 206 was never intended to punish or criminalize rape victims," Brown said in a statement. "Its intent is solely to deter rape and cases of incest. The rapist — not the victim — would be charged with tampering of evidence.

"New Mexico needs to strengthen its laws to deter sex offenders," the statement added. "By adding this law in New Mexico, we can help to protect women across our state."

Unbelievably lame bullshit. There is no way that the intent of her bill/wording was to deter rapists by charging them with destruction of evidence if their victims chose to have an abortion; that makes no sense. Her intent was clearly to have rape victims charged in order to deter them from having abortions.

Pro-lifers have a right to their views and the ability to try to change existing laws legitimately. That's how the system is designed to work. Employing disingenuous tactics and straight-up lying to the people whom they are supposed to be representing is smarmy and all too common (in all level of politics, regardless of party/issue).

Fortunately, this bill isn't going anywhere but straight to the garbage bin; Ms. Brown's career deserves to be right behind it, imo.

Cathryn Brown, dipshit:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRV98WFJ0lWhQ8Bz81NmdJ...GV202DTtFA]
That's quite the obvious back pedaling/lie. What a douche.
Commando Cunt Queen

Four out of every ten people are douchey. Fact...maybe more.