HARD JOBS

Have you ever had one that you thought sucked in any way or was just too difficult?

Yesterday I ragged on User a little about the gym, the park, etc. but the reality is that I think being a Mom, if done right, is the hardest job out there. It's 24/7/365 with no days off & you have to work when you're sick. I'd give a hand to Moms who work outside the home as well. Jesus Christ, work all day & then return home to work some more.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I did some roofing work once in 100 degree weather and that was a lot harder than being a mom.
(01-25-2013, 02:27 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Have you ever had one that you thought sucked in any way or was just too difficult?

Yesterday I ragged on User a little about the gym, the park, etc. but the reality is that I think being a Mom, if done right, is the hardest job out there. It's 24/7/365 with no days off & you have to work when you're sick. I'd give a hand to Moms who work outside the home as well. Jesus Christ, work all day & then return home to work some more.

Well when you throw in the Mom thing, anything I post is just going to sound like unnecessary whining and complaining.
(01-25-2013, 02:57 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Well when you throw in the Mom thing, anything I post is just going to sound like unnecessary whining and complaining.

Go for it.
Anybody who has to work outside in this cold bullshit weather has a hard job, at least temporarily.

Damn it is cold.
(01-25-2013, 02:27 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Yesterday I ragged on User a little about the gym, the park, etc. but the reality is that I think being a Mom, if done right, is the hardest job out there.

You did?

Anyway, being a mother when my kids were young was unbelievably hard (for me). I did not adjust easily from corporate life to stay-at-home. If they weren't driving me crazy to the point of exhaustion, just the tediousness of home life made me nuts. Plus, at the time, we couldn't afford some of the things we have now (a gardener, for example) so if I wasn't changing a diaper, I was out mowing the lawn or cutting through the cord on the electric hedge trimmer. Smiley_emoticons_slash

Now, it's easy except for the stress of having teens. My daughter has scheduled a fight with another girl today (4pm--Safeway if you're interested). Nice that I'll be here to kick her ass if she even tries to go over there.

I've worked for/with several assholes. The type that can cause someone to up and quit within days (if you don't have a strong spine). One guy asked me to pick him up an enema while I was out for lunch that day. Fucker.
Commando Cunt Queen
(01-25-2013, 03:56 PM)username Wrote: You did?

hah Yeah, it's at the end of the 2013 drivel thread. I implied you did nothing but hangout at the gym & CVS parking lot.
Bitch!
Commando Cunt Queen
(01-25-2013, 02:51 PM)sally Wrote: I did some roofing work once in 100 degree weather and that was a lot harder than being a mom.

Not that I know its harder than being a mom, because I am a dad. But that is the one thing that I hate about roofing 100* on a black rubber roof with no wind. That or 10*, along the mississippi, with a 15mph wind. Both of those days make it very hard to show up for work the next day!
(01-25-2013, 03:12 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-25-2013, 02:57 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Well when you throw in the Mom thing, anything I post is just going to sound like unnecessary whining and complaining.

Go for it.

Ok, but I assure you that complaining about how hard and sucky talking on the phone and trying get money from taxpayers and telemarketing work in genera is, seems trivial compared to being a mom, roofing, and being out in the cold.
(01-25-2013, 04:59 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(01-25-2013, 03:12 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Go for it.

Ok, but I assure you that complaining about how hard and sucky talking on the phone and trying get money from taxpayers and telemarketing work in genera is, seems trivial compared to being a mom, roofing, and being out in the cold.

If its anything like my second job [I stand behind a counter dealing with the public all day] you may not go home physically tired, but you sure go home mentally tired.
I would hate to be a telemarketer.
Commando Cunt Queen
(01-25-2013, 02:51 PM)sally Wrote: I did some roofing work once in 100 degree weather and that was a lot harder than being a mom.

+1

Welcome to my life...
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

The hardest job I ever did was climb in a combustion chamber full of burning coal. The atmosphere was awful and it was terribly hot. It was a cylinder about 12' long and 5' high with a small port hole on the end to get in. The objective was to get in and shovel as much material out as you could before you either died or had to get back out. Of course you were dependent on men outside to clear the burning material away or you'd burn up when you went out and my co-workers were none too dependable. Most men could spend 4 to 6 minutes inside and get out about 100 lbs. I was only good for about two minutes but could get out about 250 lbs.

Fortunately it was not a regular job and I did it only once as an emergency.
[Image: egypt_5.gif]
I have worked tough jobs physicaly and my job today is very draining mentally. For 10 years I have come home and in the summer especially was greeted by mom and the 2 kids by the pool every day. So many times I have wanted to do just that and clean the house and do the laundry and drive the kids around and put out every once in a while. I have no pity........none whatsoever.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(01-25-2013, 10:08 PM)Maggot Wrote: I have worked tough jobs physicaly and my job today is very draining mentally. For 10 years I have come home and in the summer especially was greeted by mom and the 2 kids by the pool every day. So many times I have wanted to do just that and clean the house and do the laundry and drive the kids around and put out every once in a while. I have no pity........none whatsoever.

I understand that as the kids get older but when mine were young, I resented the hell out of my husband for his 45 minute commute. 45 minutes of just you and the radio. Bliss!!
Commando Cunt Queen
Yeah but when they were young they slept often and sometimes they could sit in the high chair for a while or the playpen and chill out. You also focused on 1-2 kids not 50 adult children.
Being a mom is a hard job. You are constantly responsible for someone. Even when two parents are there the kids ask mom for breakfast, lunch, dinner. They go to mom when they are sick or get hurt or need something for school. It's the mom that helps with valentines, takes the kid to birthday parties, gives baths. I could go on and on. I'm sure in some houses dads are just as involved. For me working was time for me. For 8 hours a day I didn't have to take carry if anyone but me.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Yeah, but its Dad that takes them fishing and they remember that their entire lives. Sucks but sooooooo true. hah
Another thing (and my heart bleeds for the poor Mom) A Mom could make french fries and chicken nuggets that the children love all month long but let Dad cook some real french fries and Captain Crunch nuggets in the deep fryer and they forget every meal she ever made. They never come to Dad with a cut though. Nowhy ....hah

Yeah..... being a Mom would suck. But when I see them cuddled in a corner reading a book I almost want to weep.